10

Where the Frivolous Gather

10; (KyuHae)

(written in the Sore Eyes 'verse. You don't have to read it to understand, but just incase you were wondering.)

Kyuhyun’s holed up Donghae’s apartment, their apartment technically, if you take Donghae’s incessant decrees of everything is ours and us because we’re a couple so what’s mine is yours and vice versa Kyuhyun, quit being so uppity into consideration. He flips through pages of his quantum physics text book, not really paying attention to the words he’s known since middle school, slowly dying from the onset of ennui.  His stomach growls loudly and he whines back at it because now he has to get up and make himself food when he’d just found a comfortable spot to read in.

Being a so-called genius has its perks and minor setbacks, like how he can solve any math equation in less than 3 seconds, but can’t cook to save his life. Kyuhyun doesn’t understand how he can be so lousy at cooking when it’s just a series of numbers and stirring at the most, he’s Cho Kyuhyun for Christ’s sake; simple measurements shouldn’t deter him this much. It kills him, being less than great at anything tears him to self-conscious shreds, but he shrugs it off with a grimace and stalks off to the kitchen, clumsy from sleep.

He stomps irately up to the fridge and opens it with a fit of pique. Nothing pops out at him or screams eat me! eat me!, though he didn’t know why he had expected that in the first place. Food was inanimate and therefore incapable of popping out and screaming eat me! eat me! contrary to what those ridiculous commercials on television would like to have you think. Now that Kyuhyun thought about it, the whole point of those commercials was to get children to eat their vegetables, but how would talking produce convince anyone to eat them? If anything, it’d leave the snotty, little brats traumatized and more averse to eating any type of vegetable. Kyuhyun raises his nose snootily, proud that he’s not an idiot like the creators of those commercials are.

He digresses and goes back to searching for something to eat, finally grabbing a microwaveable pizza pocket after what seems like hours of opening and closing the fridge and freezer, expecting something to change and magically be edible. He closes the fridge, scowling at its ugly pale yellow colouring that Donghae had adamantly insisted upon. A big, horrible, lime green post-it stuck to the front of it calls his attention. He rips it off, a small smile decorating his face.

My little love,

Sleep lots today~ you’ve had such a busy week and I hate to see you tired. :c There’s not much to eat, but I promise I’ll take you out to dinner when I get home. Don’t stress yourself out, okay?

01001001 0100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 0100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 0101110!!!

Love,

Hae ♥

P.S. You’re so cute when you’re sleeping, did you know that? I just want to bite your cheeks. ^^ Text me and let me know you’re alive after you read this! Loooooove yooouuuu~ ^^

 

Kyuhyun smiles bashfully, letting lovesick giggles fall from his lips. He slips his hot pocket in the microwave and grabs his phone.

 

To: Hae <3

Binary code, huh? I see why I keep you around, even if that was a bit cheesy. I’m alive btw. Love you back!

 

The microwave beeps and he pulls out his food, fingers crossed in hopes that it didn’t turn out horrible. If it did, his belief that any and all things culinary were out to kill him would be confirmed. He plops himself down on the couch and flips on the history channel, making himself cosy before he takes a bite from his pizza. His phone vibrates next to him and he eagerly picks it up.

From: Hae <3

You love my cheesiness. ^^ Glad to hear your heart’s still beating for me. I’ll be home soon, my little love. Don’t burn down our apartment! Love you mooooore!! :*

 

Kyuhyun laughs at his lover’s never ending amount of greasiness, but holds his phone close to his heart. He eats his food quickly and flips through channels for the remainder of the day, waiting impatiently to hear the front door click open so he can punch Donghae in the arm and cover him in chaste kisses.


I LOVE KYUHAE FLUFF. ;3;

I couldn't help it. I missed my Sore Eyes KyuHae. ^-^;;

Comment if you'd like!

Thanks for reading snowflakes!~ ♥