Is this the end?

What the future holds

Deep in the recesses of his consciousness, Chanyeol knew someone was knocking on his door quite forcefully. He wanted it to be a dream. He doesn't want to stand up and walk. He just wants to stay in bed and stare at the ceiling, like what he has been doing for the past few hours since he placed the call. Everything is in place now, just like how he envisioned it when he was 12. 
There was that forceful knock on the door again, disrupting his reverie. This time he has no choice but to not answer it or the other hotel guests would complain. 
"Who is it?" He opened the door and was startled when Sehun hugged him quite tightly. 
"Are you okay?" He whisphered. 
Chanyeol took Sehun's arms from him to hold it and stared at Sehun, he knew what he was asking. He just didn't know how to answer. 
"I'm ok." Then he smiled. 
He ushered Kai and Sehun inside, where Kai proceeded to smother him with another hug. 
"I miss you, hyung!" Chanyeol smiled at the two of them. Knowing he had these nice friends is enough to make him think that his decision to come back, even for a few days, is worth it. 
"So are you really ok?" Kai asked this time. "We didn't know he was bringing that Janghoon guy today, we don't like him." 
"It's ok, Kai. You don't actually need to hate the guy for me. I hate him enough" Then he chuckled. For the first time since he landed in Seoul, he laughed whole heartedly. 
"Let's not talk about it. It's been 3 years, obviously he's moved on and so have I." He lied, or he's simply trying to avoid talking about this with Kai and Sehun, his two best friends who knows him so well they would know the truth even if he doesn't say it. 
Kai and Sehun ended up staying the whole night talking with Chanyeol about everything they did or places they went to while he was gone avoiding the one topic he knows was the reason they came here. 
"And then we went to Greece! I didn't know we had fans there! You really should have been there!" Sehun excitedly told him. They fell asleep, with Kai and Sehun sharing one bed and him sleeping on the other. He was glad, they were still together, even with his love life going downhill, at least his friends are still together. Some things stay the same, and he's glad those things did.
The next morning, Kai gave him a hug before leaving his hotel room. 
"Hyung, if you've moved on, why are you still wearing Baekhyun's light-shaped chain bracelet ring?" Sehun said before leaving the room. Chanyeol looked down at his hand, the bracelet ring was his last link with Baekhyun. Maybe it's time he finished this, and this time it's for real. He took off the accessory and dialled a number he always knew by heart.