The Slip Up

Cringe

Kai's POV

~

 

“Alright guys, take a short break then we’ll try it one more time with the camera.” Our manager yelled out over the sound of our heavy breathing. We were preparing for the History music video that is being filmed tomorrow so we’re spending the day perfecting the choreography. That was the fifth time we had practiced the dance all the way through that day and we are all exhausted. The manager wants it to be filmed so we can get used to the camera and also to catch some slip ups that we might make.

“Kai, make sure you’re in line with Sehun and you get all the way to the right of him before that down beat or else your timing will be way off.” I nodded my head as the choreographer perfected the dance with us one on one before the filming of the practice.

I noticed Kyungsoo taking a swig from his water bottle, “Can I have some?” I took the bottle from his hands before he had a chance to respond.

“Umm… I guess so.” He took it back when I was finished and wiped the mouth of the bottle on his shirt before drinking from it again.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a germaphobe. It’s just me!” I hit the bill of his hat so it fell slightly over his eyes. I knew Kyungsoo was a bit of a neat-freak but I didn’t think it was that excessive.

“With our busy schedules, there’s no time for illness.” He said while fixing his hat back to its original position then bending over to make sure his shoes were tied properly so they wouldn’t come undone during the intense choreography.

“Come on, I’m not sick! And it’s just like sharing an indirect kiss.” I winked at him half-jokingly and laughed at the way his cheeks turned a noticeable shade of pink.

“Okay, back in your starting positions. This one is for real so no slip ups because it’s going on the internet! Oh, and don’t hurt yourself or else you will not be in the filming of the music video tomorrow. Sorry boys, but we have a busy schedule and you haven’t even debuted yet. I’m not afraid to move on without you.” Our manager was very serious about this prologue, as the rest of us were extremely nervous of what would come of it. At this point I was pretty confident, though. I am the main dancer of exo-k and I’m proud to hold this position. I take my work seriously and work hard for our fans and also for my other group members. I want to make them proud and I could never bear to let any of them down.

“In 3, 2, 1…” I got into my starting position. Back turned from the front, temporarily behind the rest of the members before we turned around on my first part. I flashed a smile to Sehun, on my left, and one to Kyungsoo, on my right, as they too got into their places.

The all too familiar beat started to play as I moved my hands rapidly in my pockets against my thighs. The other members did this also.

Listen, neukkil su inni?
Nae simjangi ttwijireul anha

I sang the words in my head as the dance moves erupted out of my body almost involuntarily. The choreography was burned into my mind at this point.

By the time the first chorus rolled around, everything was going smoothly. We all had this in the palms of our hands.
 

I continued to sing the lyrics in my head, occasionally letting my lips move along silently with the words.

The chorus rolled around for the second time with no problems. We were all on time with the music as we moved together as a group.

‘Ireona, ireona, ireona (turn it on)
Ireona, ireona, ireona’

My feet jumped up in unison with the rest of the group. Halfway through. Just keep going.

‘Naeiri baro kkeuchinjido molla
Huhoe gateun geon ijeobeoryeo duryeowoma’

It was now D.O.’s turn to be in the front as the rest of the group stayed in the back.

Kyungsoo looks really cute when he does that dance move.

Crap, my hair is getting in my eyes. I shook my head to sweep the dark hair away from my vision and couldn’t help but notice something. Sehun's 'package' was clearly showing through the pants he was wearing.

DAAANGG, SEHUN!! Boy, you need a different pair of pants!!! 

I did the worst mistake any performer could do. I let myself get distracted.

I rushed to the side a little too quickly to try to get to my destination on time. I tripped over my foot as my ankle twisted beneath me, causing myself to jerk forward slightly.

 “SH—” I bit my tongue to refrain myself from making it obvious of what I had done.

‘Jebal saranghae,’

The pain in my ankle shot through my entire body in one quick second as Suho’s lyrics echoed through the practice room.

Crap, crap, crap.

I cringed once for the screw up.

I readjusted my position.

Cringed twice for the pain.

‘saranghae, saranghae.’

Cringed for the third time in realization of the dance moves I had to continue to do after this.

Jongin you’re such an idiot. Just keep going. Don’t let down your group members. Don’t let down your manager. And for the love of God DO NOT let the pain show!

I continued to do the steps as choreographed. I held in my breath to keep myself from yelping out in pain.

It’s almost over. Just keep going.

‘I need you’

OW!

‘and you want me,’

OW!

‘jiguran i byeoreseo’

OW!

'Oh, Oh,'

OW!

'Oh, Oh,'

OW!

‘Every, every, everyday’

OW!

‘naega mandeun History’

I let a slight moan emit from my lips as the pain shot up with every step.

Thank goodness it’s over.

 

~

Heey exotics! im back with another kaisoo story!! (i promise Jongin isnt going to die in this one!) heh heh.. did you like the reference to Sehun's crotch? oh i know you did you little nasties! so yeah, if you pay close attention, kai's little slip up did actually happen :( so sad. anyway, there will be another chapter so dont leave! :D (more kaisoo to come and yes, the fluff WILL be happening)