`01

The Heaven's Jerk

 

You can still clearly remember the day you wake up on heaven. Everyone was very happy, except you. That was also the day that heaven received another headache again. You made troubles after they announce you as an angel and you were also about to be kicked out of heaven but God gave you other punishment instead. No one could ever oppose Him. He has plans, He has reasons and He thought that it’s better for you to stay there.

 

By being a teacher of cherubim, you learned what ‘patience’ means. You’ve gained a lot of that ever since…

 

 

A cherub raised his hand to ask a question which you immediately made a response. It wasn’t very easy to teach them because of their mischievous personalities but they’re really good though.

 

“Noona-yah! Can we go some time on earth?” Hyunwoo, a cherub, asked innocently while pulling down your white skirts. You look down and smiled at him. Determination sparkles in his eyes.

 

You kneeled to have the same eye level with him. “What are we going to do there? Can you just ask Ahra-noona to go with you?” you don’t really want to disappoint him but you’re never in the mood to go down on earth. He pouted and looked down somberly.

 

“Are you even kidding me? I’ve been with him on earth for so many years!” the voice yelled.

 

Hyunwoo automatically looked up and saw Ahra towering the two of you. He jumps up and Ahra caught him and enveloped him in her arms. Ahra raised her brow at you whilst gently brushing Hyunwoo’s back.

 

You cupped your chin and scrutinized them from head to foot. You nodded in agreement to what you’ve thought.

 

“What’s with that nod?” Ahra asked. You smiled contentedly, “But I think the two of you suits together so there’s no need for me” you turned your back to get away from them, especially from Hyunwoo.

 

“Okay! Class dismisses!” you announced and all of the cherubim flew away after they thanked you. You went out of the place and head to your bedroom. Ahra, with Hyunwoo on her arms, managed to catch up to you by flying.

 

 

“Noona-yah!” Hyunwoo cried and tried to reach you but Ahra is not letting him.

 

“Just leave her alone. Have you heard her? She said that we suits better” Ahra said with bitterness. You continued to walk like you don’t hear them bickering on your side. You secretly smiled. They really suit each other.

 

“But I like Haerin-noona than you!” Ahra shot him a glare and he shut up. You just stopped when another cherub flung but she got out of her balance and fell to you. You also fell on the soft ground.

 

“unni-yah!” she squealed. Her high-pitched is simply amazing. It could wake you up from slumber in just a matter of seconds.

 

 

You don’t even understand what’s going on but when Ahra reacted to her and also squealed, you’ve got a clue on what’s going on. Hyunwoo helped you to stand while these two girls hold on each other’s hand while jumping and squealing.

 

Hyunwoo looked at you with concern and you reassured him that you’re okay.

 

“Have you heard it?” Yoona squealed.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Luhan is going to be here!”

and that made them more squeal and fill the air with thick happiness.

 

You rolled your eyes off the scene and snarled. You mimicked them in exaggerated girly voice. “Oh my God, Luhan is going here!” you talked to your self, still using the exaggerated girly voice. “And why we must be happy? Oh, because we stalked him for almost every second, ahahaha, ahahaha,” then you went back to your poker face. “Oh please… stop it” you hissed in irritation.

 

Ahra and Yoona painfully hit you. Everything that you said is too loud for them to hear. You caressed your head and blew your bangs. Hyunwoo still clung on your side while hugging your leg.

 

“Why are you always like that?” they whined in unison. “We don’t stalk him! We’re his guardians!”

 

“Lucky then” you sarcastically said. You turned your back and was about to go when someone blocked your way. You grumpily glance up and recognize that it’s Taemin, a close male angel to you.

 

 

“What’s with this commotion, ah, oh!” Taemin suddenly remembered about the news. He looked at you and laughed. “Don’t tell me you’ll do it again, Haerin, you’ve already received two warnings. One more warning and I’ll never see you again. That will make me really sad!”

 

You looked at him in confusion.

 

“Do you still want me to let you remember it?” He cleared his throat and laid his hand for counting. “One-“you cupped his mouth to shut him up.

 

“Okay, I remember it already” you said under your breath.

 

Ahra and Yoona cooed at the two of you while Hyunwoo chuckled whilst cupping his mouth, afraid that you’ll be mad at him.

 

“Oh, speaking of Luhan, do you want to help preparing for his ‘Welcome party’?” Taemin asked sweetly and you know that you can’t say no to him but your inner-self tells you that it’s better not to.

 

One more warning and I’ll be out.

 

“I know that those two girls,” you pointed to Ahra and Yoona. “Could do it better than me.” with that, you dismissed with them and went to your bedroom.

 

You stared at the ceiling, reminiscing how you got that two warnings. First, the first day when you went here, you got out of your temper because of the cherubim around you were very annoying. And because of that they punished you to be the teacher of cherubim so you could learn how to keep your temper.

 

Second.

 

Taemin’s face flashed on your mind but you immediately shook it out.

 

When Taemin first stayed on heaven, you’ve got bad impression about him. Almost every angel cooed at his cuteness while you don’t. You don’t really fall for these types. 

 

He clung to you without even noticing that you’re getting irritated already. Until you, again, got out of your temper and kicked his with all of your strength. But after some years, you’ve prove that Taemin is indeed a good person and someone whom should you trust.

 

 

One more warning and you’ll be out, Haerin. Better stay there and whoever Luhan is, don’t stay near him. You sighed heavily and convinced yourself that Luhan must be a Good person. Perhaps. Atleast. Anyways, prejudgment is not a good attitude, so for this time he’s a very good person—angel.

 

Well, he should be.

 

You don’t really know who Luhan really is but based on your observation to Ahra and Yoona’s stories, he’s pretty popular on Earth and he’s even a popular idol. They also mentioned that he’s very good looking but they never told you about his attitude. Anyways you’re not really interested to listen to them—you just have no choice but to because you have ears.

 

Without any notice, you’ve fell asleep already.

 

“Haerin…”

 

A soft voice was calling for you. It somehow gives you that warmth and comfort. It’s like His voice is a song that couldn’t be heard just from anywhere else. He continued to call your name until you gain your conscious self.

 

“Go to the welcoming party. It’s fun there, I swear”

 

You rubbed your eyes and shook your head. “It’s no fun there” you yawned and changed position to get back to sleep.

 

“Haerin…”

 

“Still not going” You whispered stubbornly. Weirdly, you could smell flowers and hear voices chuckling and chatting. You thought that this must be a part of your dreams. The voices are becoming louder and louder and it’s becoming more real.

 

“You’re already in the party, Haerin!”

 

Your eyes automatically opened after hearing what He said. You turned your head around, still lying, and recognize that this is not your bedroom anymore.

 

 


 

 

Comments are greatly appreciated TT~TT