Please Pick Up

Backstage Pass [Hiatus]

He approached the car and the guy inside turned to him.

"Hyung! I'm borrowing her for a while." he smiled.

Donghae looked at Yoona. "Yea sure." He smiled at Geun Suk and walked away.

"Oppa!" Yoona called him.

He turned back to her and smiled. "Someone might hear you. We don't want scandals again don't we?"

Then he walked away as fast as he can.

 

When he arrived back at the dorm, everybody can sense how he was in such a bad mood. He greeted them timidly and went straight to his room. He was lying in his bed when Eunhyuk went in.

"Hae, what happened?"

"Nothing."

"Did the coach push you hard again?" Hyuk said as he sat on the edge of Hae's bed. Last week, he went home angrily saying the coach didn't even give him a water break.

"No."

"Then what is it?"

After a few minutes of silence, he said. "Yoona." Then motioned for Hyuk to lay beside him.

"You want me to call Yoona for you?" he said while he laid down beside him.

Hae immediately wrapped his arms on his best friend. "No."

"Is Yoona the reason for this?"

He wasn't able to answer him for a while. "No. She isn't."

"Then she's involved in this? She made you mad?"

Hae couldn't answer him. Instead, he turned his back on Hyuk and sighed.

Hyuk laid his head on his arm and asked, "Would you like to talk about it?" Hae was as stubborn as a kid when he gets mad.

"No."

Hyuk stood up and said, "Okay. You want to go out to eat. I'm hungry."

Hae looked at him. He was wearing his gummy smile which was really contagious. Hae smiled at him and stood up.

 

They were at a ramen shop somewhere when they saw Yoona, Geun Suk and a couple of staff walk towards a restaurant beside the one they were in. She was busy dialling on her phone while Geun Suk supported her by her back. He saw her sigh before she went inside the resto.

He gritted his teeth. How could he hold her like that. But then, after a while, he sighed. He knew he couldn't do anything about it.

Apparently, Eunhyuk also saw Yoona. "Hae, where's your phone?"

"In here. Why?"

"Have you checked it recently?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"It isn't ringing."

"Well, it isn't on silent mode?"

"It's n-" then he remembered putting it on silent mode after Yoona's call. He was so mad that when she called after he hung up on him, he didn't want to answer. Since it was disturbing the other people, he wanted to turn it off but decided against it and put it on silent mode instead.

"So that's why you didn't answer my call." Hyuk said disappointedly.

Hae immediately took out his phone.

For the past hour alone, he had 45 missed calls and 30 text messages. All from Yoona.

The last call was a few minutes ago.

He scanned the calls and said, "You didn't call me."

"Who did?"

"......"

Hyuk grabbed the phone from him and began reading his messages.

"Baby, please pick up the phone." Hyuk laughed. "Awww. Baby." Hae immediately grabbed the phone from Hyuk's hand.

Hyuk sighed and said, "At least read it. You told me she rarely calls you baby."

Hae sighed and scanned his messages.

"Baby, where are you? I'm going to you right now."

"I called Hyukjae-oppa. He said you weren't at the dorm. Where did you go?"   This was minutes ago from her call.

"Oppa. Mianhe."

"Saranghae."

"Please answer my calls."

"I'm getting worried. Where are you???"

There were about 20 of that. Containing almost the same texts. He was about to put it down when he saw another text. It was different from the others.

"So you were with her. You should have said so."

It was probably when she saw them at the cafe.

Then after that, "Oppa. It's not what you think."

"I'm sorry for not telling you."

"Please pick up my call."

He was about to read the next message when she called her again.

"Answer it." Hyuk said. He didn't notice him behind him.

"Ya! Were you reading my texts?!"

"Answer the call." He said sitting back down.

"I don't want to. I don't care what she has to say."

Hyuk grabbed the phone from him and answered the call. He could hear Yoong's loud voice from the other line. He tried to snatch back his phone but Eunhyuk was across from him.

"Yoong.: He said. "Yea. I'm with him. Don't worry." he listened as Hyuk talked to Yoona for him.

"Aniyo. He's fine......Of course, he's with me." he laughed. "Yea.....What did you do to make him throw a tantrum? Hahaha........Okay okay.... I will.......Take care....." and he hanged up.

"What did she say?"

"I thought you don't care." Hyuk went back to eating his ramen.

He went back to reading his messages.

"Oppa. We're going to a resto somewhere to talk about the event tomorrow."

Then as he was about to read the next one, a new text came in.

"Oppa. I'm sorry. I'm so glad you're with Hyukjae-oppa. Please be safe. Mianhe. Saranghae baby."

He was contemplating on it for a few minutes, staring at his phone.

"Go and call her. She'll welcome you back with open arms." Hyukjae chuckled.

 

When she picked up, "Oppa?"

he said hastingly. "Saranghae. Take care, okay?" then he hanged up.

"Well that was one phone call." Hyukjae laughed.

"Shut up." he hit him. But Eunhyuk could see how his face lit up and he smiled.