Surprise?

Sealed Lips, Open Hearts

 

It was the dress rehearsal for the Dream Concert. The rookies were ready to go first -EXO-K, B.A.P, and, us, Alpha. EXO-K just came off the stage after practicing their first song for the set- History. Their members gathered around the tiny monitor, checking out the performance they had just pre-recorded.

I played with the fringe at the end of my shirt, out of boredom. I was all alone because my eonnies decided to stay in the waiting room, they were too lazy to watch the other artists perform. Suddenly, as I was deep in shallow thoughts, SECRET's Hyoseong sunbaenim passed by me.

"Annyeonghaseyo Hyoseong sunbaenim!" I let out as I bowed.

"Hi there, Jenny," she replied in thickly accented Engrish. "Yah! Junhong-ah! Won't you greet your favorite noona?"

Junhong?! I thought- startled. I quickly looked behind my shoulder to see Junhong bowing at Hyoseong.

Sunbaenim must have seen my face, so she asked, "You didn't know, Jenny-goon?"

Hyoseong let out a giggle.

"Ah... Not really..." I replied.

Hyoseong shared a weird look with Zelo, I couldn't figure out what it meant.

"Well, I'll leave you two...'friends' now." Hyoseong said as she waved goodbye.

I was about to ask Zelo why he was Slenderman-ing [A/N: A game where this creepy guys stalks you] me, when suddenly I was tugged towards him.

Junhong had pulled me towards him by the belt hoops of my shorts. I slapped him on the shoulder.

"Junhong!" I let out while my hair covered my rose-tinted face.

His hand swooped up my hair so that he could see my face.

"You shy?" he said in English after he chuckled.

I let out a frustrated sigh because I knew that he knew that I was feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"Why weren't you in the waiting room?" Junhong asked.

"How long did you stalk me like a crazy man?" I asked back.

"Just because."

"A while."

We replied to each other at the same time.

"Mmm... I missed you." Junhong said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I was going to fight against his embrace but I decided to just wrap my arms around his neck while resting my head on his chest.

We stayed in that position for quite a while. And since I was only 168 centimetres- in comparison to Junhong's height- my head was at the perfect level to hear his heart throb through his shirt. I was peacefully counting the number of times Junhong's heart throbbed when I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

"Go get a room!" Euna, a fellow member of Alpha hollered in our direction.

I quickly unwrapped my arms from Junhong's neck and said, "Eonnie! Isn't that a great way of not calling attention to us?"

I was referring to my relationship with Zelo. It wasn't exactly a public relationship because only a handful of people knew about it. If the fans caught wind of our closeness, our strategically constructed popularity would crash and burn. But for some reason, Junhong and I have been quite careless with this secret love. I have been trying to get him to be more cautious but all of my protests enter one ear of his and exits the other ear of his. Junhong always tells me to live in the moment and let go of my worrisome nature in reply. Oh well, I guess I'd let go of it this once