Holding Chaejin's hand

★·.·´¯`·.·★ one ѕнoт collecтιon ғor υnderraтed ιdolѕ ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Idol: Chaejin of MYNAME

concept: please

1st person one-shot

note: I don't like writing in first person, I'm very bad at it. But it just happened. This is an old piece of flash-fiction of mine, it's shorter than most one-shots.

 


“What?” I yelled at my friend over the phone. “Did you just say you saw MYNAME at the park?” My heart skipped a beat. MYNAME was my all time favorite band but they never came to my town before.

“Yeah…” My friend replied, obviously not interested in them. “No one’s even noticed them, you should head over there freak” before she could finish her sentence I hung up.

“Mom! I’m going out!” I yelled across the hall as I grabbed my jacket. I brushed past my mom who looked furious that I wasn’t doing chores. “Sorry mommy! I love you” I squirmed past her and headed out the door.

In relief that I made it out, I sighed. But I had no time to be lounging around. I started running to the neighborhood park. We were a relatively small town and almost no one was on the streets because it was snowing out. I was no athlete so I couldn’t hold my run for long. I had to slow down, but my walk was still fast. I was worried that they could have left already.

Wait... Could it be possible that my friend had lied to me? She liked to mess with me a lot, but making me run in the core of the winter season was too harsh.

I finally saw the park in the distance. I quickened my steps, nearly running.

“Huh?” I could see my breath in the cold air. And that was one of the only things I could see. The park was covered in snow but there was no one there. I gasped for air; my lungs needed oxygen from running. “Damn I should have put more effort in gym class,” I hated the feeling of being out of breath. It was embarrassing since I hadn’t even done much.

I didn’t want to give up so easily, I walked through the snow examining the play toys. Now would have been a nice to have some gloves on me. I even glanced inside the little wood house and it was empty. “Hello?”

I was extremely disappointed that my best friend had lied to me. I looked to the apartment complex near the park. It was a good two blocks away, and I could see the poster of Yunho hanging in her room.

I yelped when I heard a creaking noise behind me. I immediately turned around, but my leg was caught in the heavy snow so I stumbled into the snow. I heard the creaking noise again; it was going at a slow but constant rate. It seemed to slow down even more when I brushed the snow off of my arms. I pushed myself off the ground. My hands were even colder than before. I glared at the person on the swings; they were the cause for my fall.

I decided to approach them and tell them how rude they were for not helping me when I fell. Because that’s how much of a brat I was.

As I got closer I realized this person was a guy, they wore a thick coat and knitted hat. “Excuse me, but I couldn’t help but realize what a bad person you are.” I scoffed.

Abruptly, he stopped swinging. It made my heart speed up in fear. I clenched my fists trying to stand my ground. His brown eyes finally looked up from his legs and looked at me.

“Oh… damn.” I suddenly felt like hiding under a rock and wishing that I had a nuclear bomb explode on me.

His eyes were swollen, dried tears stained his cheeks. What was my idol, Chaejin, doing here crying? I had a hard time thinking of what to say, the words escaped me. I recalled making a list for what I would say when I got to meet him but this was not a day that I had that list on me.

“Are you going to hurt me?” he asked coldly, his eyes narrowed and I felt a sting of pain in my heart.

Had I made my idol hate me? Just the thought made me want to start crying. I shook my head feverishly. He merely smirked, I could sense a silent scoff escape his lips before he started looking at shoes again.

“I uh, I’m your fan” I said sheepishly. I mentally slapped myself. Oh yeah, real smooth.

Chaejin looked up from his shoes, slight interest in his eyes. He started to slowly swing again. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his beautiful face, his eyes, his hands, his everything. “Is that so?” he smiled. Using his head he gestured for me to sit down on the swing next to him.

I, of course, obeyed whole heartedly. I bent my knees, swaying with my weight with my knees. “Where are your hyungs?” I asked. I was curious as to why he was alone. More curious about why he had been crying but I highly doubted he would answer that question.

“They went to supermarket up the road.” He sighed. “I think they’re back to the hotel afterwards.” He added. His voice was trembling, I couldn’t tell if it was because cold or if it was because he wanted to cry again.

“Are you okay?” I asked, a little too bluntly perhaps.

“Huh?” his chestnut eyes gazed at me, but I felt like they were looking through me instead of at me. He chuckled, “of course I’m fine.” He shook his head. “Does it look like I’m okay?” his eyes seemed to have glaze over them. Tears, I thought.

“Can I help?” I bit my lip. He seemed so helpless, and although I probably seemed overly rude and blunt to him, as a fan I deeply cared for his well being. Heck, I would probably even jump off a bridge if he told me to do so.

He ignored me. I knew it. He stood up, leaving me swaying on the swings alone. He suddenly reminded me of me when I saw him get stuck in the snow, falling over because it was so heavy. I hurriedly leaped off the swings and huddled at his side. “Chaejin? Are you okay?” I held out my hand to help him up.

A sly grin played upon his lips. “Happy now? You got revenge on this bad person” he took my hand. His hand even colder than mine, no heat whatsoever was radiating from it. I wondered how long he had been out here for his hands to be in such a frozen state. His hand grabbed onto mine firmly. I pulled him up and while looking at his eyes I realized that he had created this scene of him falling so that he could say those words.

I grew grim. I felt like pushing him back into the snow for making me worry that he could’ve twisted an ankle. But what could I do? He was an idol, there was no way in hell I could push him.

Eventually, he just walked away, leaving me in utter confusion. Despite it wasn’t the best time I could’ve imagined to have with him. I was squealing all month about the fact he had held my hand. Cheesy, right?