Chapter 2

미안해요 (I'm Sorry)

 

"What? I mean... What should I do?" Jaeyeon asks, finally feeling guilty.

Kwangmin shrugs his shoulders. "Jaeyeon Ah. What do you think you should do? All I can really say now is that Youngmin really loves you. Very much. He would do anything to be by your side...."

A tear drops from Jaeyeon's eyes. "But it seems like I can't do the same for him.."

Kwangmin sighs. "Jaeyeon Ah, just break up with him. It'll be for the best. Trust me."

Jaeyeon shakes her head. "Ani! I won't do it! I-I won't do this to Youngmin! He meant so much to me... He has taught me many things... And I cannot let him go like this!"

"But you don't love him." 

Jaeyeon stares at Kwangmin in disbelief. "Why are you saying this?! Y-You don't know that for sure! I-I can still love him!"

Kwangmin sighs. "Jaeyeon. Stop it."

"You seriously know nothing about how I feel! You can't tell me that I don't love him!" she yells at Kwangmin.

"Jaeyeon, stop crying." He says, strengthening his tone.

"I ING LOVE HIM SO MUCH, KWANGMIN. I DON'T KNOW WHY... BUT SEEING HIM WITH JESSICA EVERYDAY KILLS ME." Jaeyeon says, falling to the floor.

"Jessica's his best friend, Jaeyeon. And Myungsoo's not yours. So it should be Youngmin who's like this. He has been trusting you all this time, Jaeyeon Ah. He lets you go wherever you want without him there....."

"He should trust me. He should... What I did with Myungsoo felt different. When we kissed, I was happy... I felt protected. Youngmin doesn't care about me anymore. He spends all his time on his phone whenever he's with me. His kisses are all for pity! He feels sorry for me... He doesn't love me."

"Jaeyeon, listen. Instead of spending time with me and our parents, he goes to visit you. On Christmas, he celebrated with you, not with us. And on your birthday, he was there to celebrate with you too. Was Myungsoo there? Was anyone else with you?"

Jaeyeon stands in silence.

"I guess not, huh... Seems like he's the only one who cares about you now."

Jaeyeon slaps him hard on the cheek. "Yah! M-My parents! They may not be here on Earth anymore... But I swear.., THEY WILL ALWAYS CARE ABOUT ME!"

Kwangmin smirks. "They abandoned you. They didn't die, Jaeyeon. You know that."

Jaeyeon covers her ears, and continues crying. "U-Umma... A-Appa...." she whispers, sobbing.

"Shut Up, Kwangmin!" someone yells, punching him in the face. Kwangmin falls backwards with a bleeding face.

"I was helping you, idiot!"

Youngmin sighs, and hugs the crying Jaeyeon kneeling on the floor. "Jaeyeon, don't cry."

Jaeyeon forces her eyes shut. "O-Oppa, don't do this anymore..."

He places his hand under her chin and lifts her head. "Jaeyeon, tell me. Why did you do this to me? You know that I love you so much..."

"I got jealous, okay?! I-I'm sorry..." Jaeyeon buries her head in his chest and cries silently. "I'm sorry, oppa."

Youngmin softly smiles. "Its alright. But just, one thing."

Jaeyeon looks up at Youngmin. "What is it?"

"These lips," he says, "are now forever mine."

Saying this, he kisses her, leaving it a bigger meaning than the kiss from Myungsoo. That kiss from Myungsoo...was nothing compared to this.

 

Just love me back properly.