Chapter 1

U + ME = Together

~~~RING!~~~~

You got startled by the sound of the alarm clock. You lazily reached for it. You got frustrated when you couldn't reach it. Half asleep, you grab the alarm clock and roughly took the batteries out. You let out a satisfied laugh and drop back to your bed.

'Just another minute', you mentally said to yourself. Just as you were about to drift back to sleep,your phone rang.

You mentally cursed and let out a growl. You got up to look for your phone. It was ringing non stop and you got pissed off,trying to look for it. You finally found it under your bed. You looked at the phone to see who disturbed your slumber.

KRYSTAL 

You sighed before picking it up.

'Yah! What took you so long to answer?! Are you still sleeping?! _____-ah! What's wrong with you!? You know school starts in an hour!...'she kept rambling. You pulled your phone a little further from your ears so you couldn't hear her.

'She angry at me? I should be angry. She disturbed my slumber', you whispered.

'And don't think I don't know you're pulling the phone away from your ears',she said.

You let out a small laugh. 'My best friend indeed',you mentally said. After a few seconds of silence, you finally brought the phone back to your ear.

'Good morning Soojung.'you said,a grin forming. You knew she hated being called by her real name. She said it sounded fragile. Yet, only her boyfriend, Sehun could. 

'Yah,_____-ah. Are you trying to piss me off? Congratulations,it's working',she said.

You laughed.

'I'm not sorry,Krystal. You should've disturbed me.'you said. Not feeling tired,you grab your towel and made your way to the bathroom.

'And what were you doing? Bathing...or sleeping?'. You mentally face palmed yourself.

'You should be thanking me,princess. Or else you'll be late to school....again',she emphasised the word 'again'.  True,after your parents left you again for a buisness trip in China,you have been going to school late for two days. Usually ,your mom would come into your room to personally wake you up. But this week,it's the alarm clock.

'Sorry.'you blurted.

'S'okay ___. I told you could come over and crash at my place when your parents are not around'she said.

You sighed while reaching for your toothbrush.

'Can i crash tonight?'

'Of course you can,____. Anytime',she said.

 'Thanks. Anyway,why call me?', you said at the same time while brushing your teeth.

'Oh yes. Can you bring a copy of the History notes that Mr.LeeTeuk gave last week? I lost mine and i'm not going to hear him rambling and giving me his ty speeches..',she said.

'Sure sure. I'm not going to spend half an hour of the period to  hear him lecture', you said while laughing.

'Ok. See you in school . Don't be late,'she sternly said.

'Yes ma'am!' you mockingly said.

'Whatever. Bye', she said then hung up.

You put the phone next to the sink as you got ready for school.

~40 MINUTES  LATER~

You waited for the maid to come before going to school. After greeting her,you walked out to the garage to see your driver already in his seat.

'Good morning Mr.Sungmin. Sorry to keep you waiting again,'you greeted him happily.

He looked suprised.

'No Ms.____, you're quite early',he said,trying to get off the car. You stopped him.

'I can open the door myself.'you smiled. You sat on the passenger sit,which was no suprise to the driver.

'Why leave it empty? A ghost might sit there,' he recalled you saying.

He drived to your school while you keep rambling about the dream you had last night.

'This girl is different ', the driver mentally said.

You bowed to your driver before closing the door.

As soon as you walked into school,all eyes were on you. You used to be uncomfortable about it but now you learnt to ignore the stares.

'_____-ah,your hair looks really pretty!' '______-ah,looking great!'  '______-ah, love what you did with your eyes' '______-ah,hang out with us after school.' 'Gorgeous ____-ah!'

That was what you had to go through every day in school. You tried being polite by saying thank you but you felt sick,knowing they were all being fake. You don't wear lots of makeup to school,you are also wearing a school uniform and all you did with your hair was tie it into a slick side ponytail. You just smiled while looking down. Suddenly ,you bumped into someone.

'Ouch,mianhae! I wasn't looking ',you immediately bowed down.

'Gwenchana.. I didn't see you there,' a deep voice said.

You sighed,a boy! You were just staring at your shoes,waiting for him to slam you with y jokes or asking you to pay back or something. You were used to all that when it comes to boys.

'Ummm, can you let me pass?' he said in a confusing tone. You widened your eyes and smil.ed widely. 'That's a first ',you whispered. You looked up to him and you yelped a little in shock causing him to jump a little .

'Who are you?', you stared at him from head to toe. You knew everyone in school. Or did you? It seems like no since you don't know this guy. He looked startled.

A guy from behind him quickly grabbed his arm. It was Yeollie,your Science partner.

'Kai-ah, i told you to wait in the office right?'.he looked at him then you.

'Oh,____-ah. Did he disturbed you?'Chanyeol said.

'Aniyeoo, I accidentally bumped into him.',you smiled now looking at  Chanyeol

'Oh,sorry.Kai-ah,you should be more careful next time.'he said to this guy,Kai.

'But it isn't my fault..,'he said. 'Wow,he's voice is attractive. Omo,his face is too',you mentally slapped yourself.

'No,it's my fault,Yeollie-ah. Mianhae,i'll be leaving now',you said,bowing down before leaving them.

~Kai's POV~

He saw you left before turning back to  Chanyeol

'It's all done?',he asked.

Chanyeol looked at him and nodded.

'Cool,what's first?',you are apparently having the same classes with me',he said weakly.

'You not happy because....?'

'First day of school,no one even stared at me.'

Kai laughed.

'You jealous Yeollie?',he nudged Chanyeol's arm. 

Chanyeol looked down.

'Don't be sad buddy. It's only because im new okay? Chill. Believe me,so far, you are the most beautiful boy here',he winked and put his arm around Chanyeol's neck.

Chanyeol  rolled his eyes as they walk to their first class together . Girls eyeing the gorgeous newbie.

~Your POV~

You went into History class and saw Krystal and Sulli talking. You walked to your desk and took the notes out.

'Krystal-ah,the notes !',you said to her,waving the notes.

She ran towards you. 'OMG,you life saver!', she hugged you and took the notes.

'Thanks _____-ah, I owe you',she said cutely.

'No biggie. I'll redeem it later',you winked. She was about to say something when Mr.Teukkie Teuk came in.

'Talk later',I pushed her back to her desk gently.

'Good Morning class! I hope everyone of you brought the notes last week',he said.

'Krystal ?', everyone knew he was going to ask her since she always forget to bring hers.

With a confident smile, Krystal took out the notes and put it on her desk.

'Yes,teacher ?',she smiled mockingly.

He looked suprised. He nodded and turn to write on the board.

Krystal turned to me and gave me a thumbs up.

I laughed silently and replied her.

Class went on but then your mind began to wander off halfway. You used to daydream about  your family,your ambition etc but today,Kai was clouding your thoughts. Kai? Yes,Kai,the new guy. You couldn't forget how his hair pulled back perfectly,his skin glowing,his perfect jawline,his lips,his kissable lips,his.....

'_______!'

I shook my head and woke up back to reality.

'What?',you said..

'Next period!',said Krystal tugging your hand.

'Ohh yes' you said,grabbing your bag.

Krystal put her arm around you and poked your cheek. You looked at her with a questioning look.

'So,you heard?'

'What?'

'We have a newbie in school.', she said smiling.

'Oh,yes',you looked down,feeling embarrassed by all your  thoughts of him earlier.

'From Seoul Academy',she said,now nudging your arm.

I loked at her,raising an eyebrow. Your thoughts flew back to the memories between you and Kyungsoo.

'You the best thing that ever happens to me',he whispered in your ear.

You turned to face him and looked into his eyes,'I love you'.

He pinched your nose and leaned towards you,' I love you more'.

He was your first love. He also was your last.

'Yes, I know my dear. This is temporary. It's just part of the bet',you heard him.

'Kyungsoo?'', you said,looking at him with tears in your eyes.

His eyes widened as he slowly hung up.

''You lied?', you stepped back as he came forward.

'Everything was a bet?', you drew a sharp breath.

''______,I can explain',he tried to hold your hand.

'Get your hands off me',you turned back.

He grabbed your hands. You turned and slapped him.

Slapping you back into reality ,was Krystal. She pouted and wiped the tear that betrayed you. 

'Let it go',she said.

She grabbed your hand,'We'll be late'.

Yes,Kyungsoo is from Seoul Academy ,located at the other side of town. Unlike here,Seoul Academy accepts the one with money. SM academy are also for the rich yet those who are good in education are given chances. Why did he move here?