Nine or never

Nine or never

 

Nine or Never

 

 

 

yuri’s diary

“Right now,it’s Girls’ Generation! Tomorrow,it’s Girls’ Generation! FOREVER, it’s Girls’ Generation!” That’s what everyone -the public, the media, our lovely SONEs and the members - always say. But it seems like we would never be able to last forever, I mean, 10 years has been a long time already and it’s been awhile since we had our last time off to really bond together. Today,we were supposed to have a fanmeeting for our anniversary but it was cancelled due to our schedules. Although we are still living under the same roof,something was  just wrong, something felt weird. We just seem to be not as close anymore......

Ever since Taetiseo debuted, they easily captured the hearts of many within days. Mr Lee Soo Man decided to let the trio continue their careers as Taetiseo. They are doing extremely well, topping charts and setting records for highest album sales and even receiving several awards including “Best female group” and “Best global act”.Just a week ago, they even debuted into the American market and swiftly climbed their way up to the #1 spot on the Billboard charts!



Along with Taetiseo, Jessica went solo as well. Musicals offers came flooding in and  we witnessed sica choosing the lucky musicals that she would like to feature in. “Queen of musicals” was the nickname given to her by SONEs. She further proved that she was worthy of the nickname by receiving an award for the success of  her fifth musical.

The others were busy too. Sunny and HyoYeon are invited to be part of the permanent casts of “Invincible Youth Season 4” and “Idol Olympics”. They are probably catching chickens now,or perhaps making kimchi with Shin Young unnie......

The 1990-ers are going solo as well,with YoonA involved in several dramas and SooYoung filming a Hollywood movie. That’s right! She made it to THE Hollywoods! But their success does come with some sacrifices such as coming into the dorm at 4am and leaving at 6am to prepare for filming. To add onto that, our friendship is hanging on the thread. Even though I’m roomates with YoonA , we spend less than an hour a week together.

I am also currently working on my solo debut as a trot singer. Although I must admit that this is a great experience and a good way of reaching out to fans of an older age group, it’s not as fun as preparing for other albums. We used to fool around while practicing with Jessica complaining about how she will be melting soon if she doesn’t have an air conditional. But right now,I am just alone within these four walls……

 

Although Girls’ Generation is being represented worldwide,it seems like we have forgotten about our humble beginnings, and our close bond we once had. I hope we could be like how we were in the past, holding surprise parties as the dorm,eating late night supper together and complain about our swollen faces the next day,telling each other how pretty we are,having my late night talks with YoonA and fooling around while filming. But I guess it’s all just a wish...
 

Kwon Yuri.

 

 

Yuri closed the diary in her hands and got ready to enter dreamland. She climbed onto the bed effortlessly and pulled the blanket, just enough to cover her. She looked over to the other end of the bed and saw the empty space where YoonA was supposed to be. She sighed and closed her eyes. Minutes later, she was dozing off already,with her tongue stuck out.

 


Just then, the bedroom door opened and eight angels entered with a cake. On the cake were nine lighted candles, every candle was unique. The different candles form the word “together”, with the last candle being a heart. Surprised by the sudden increase of noise level,Yuri woke up and saw the other eight members. She could hardly believe what she saw and couldn’t speak at all. Just then, the kid leader broke the silence with her speech “ahem ahem, alright. Today is the 10th anniversary of us,Girls’ Generation. I would like to --” “Just start the celebration already!” TaeYeon’s speech was cut short by the hungry shikshin.

The nine girls walked to the living room and celebrated their 10th anniversary. “Right now,it’s Girls’ Generation! Tomorrow,it’s Girls’ Generation! FOREVER,IT’S GIRLS’ GENERATION!” These words echoed throughout the dorm as the girls happily share the cake.

The next morning

“Oh no! I guess we ate too much yesterday! Look at my chubby cheeks!” “My face is swollen!” “How are we suppose to go for our schedule!?” Complaints could be heard throughout the girls’ house.
“I guess we are together even though we are separated, because we are connected and we can only shine brightest when nine different people become one” Yuri penned down on her diary..

 

~END~