1

Stray kitten

 

 

I remember not too long ago I had found a stray kitten on the way home from work. She wouldn't stop crying, so I took her home with me. I guess kitten isn't the best word to describe her, but a human child with cat ears, and a cat tail. She was quite destructive at first, and liked to bite a lot. I had a very hard time keeping up with all of her energy, but didn't give up on her. Eventually, she warmed up to me quite a bit, and became very clingy. I found it hard to believe in just six short months, she had already become an attractive young lady. She was shorter than me still, but if I had to guess we were about the same age.

 

I couldn't deny the growing attraction between us. The way she looked at me always made my heart flutter. Her eye smile, and sudden bursts of aegyo were enough to push me over the edge. One day she was being too cute, and without thinking I kissed her. Our relationship has been different ever since. I'm not quite sure what to call it, but she insists I'm her husband. I've tried to explain to her before we aren't married yet, but she always says we are. I gave up on arguing about it, and came to realize it's quite nice coming home to a 'wife'.

 

The reason I must be recalling all of this now is because I'm walking right past the place where we first met. It was a short walk home from here, and I couldn't wait to see a certain someone. I opened the door slowly, and stepped inside to a seemingly empty home. I raised an eyebrow, and looked around until out of no where a large shadow pounced on me. I hit the ground with a thud, and heard loud purring. I giggled feeling her my cheek as a greeting.

 

“Jinri! You're home! I missed you!” I smiled feeling her nuzzle her cheek into the crook of my neck. I rubbed down her lower back, and got up from the ground. I couldn't help, but laugh when I noticed she was still clinging to my neck, and not letting go.

 

“Ahahaha! You're way too big to do this now Soojung.” I waddled over to the couch, and sat down. She still maintained a firm grip around my neck, and peered up at me with big sparkly eyes that I couldn't ignore. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and felt her lean against my embrace. I leaned down, and planted a kiss on one of her fluffy little ears.

 

“If so then why aren't you pushing me away?” She pouted a little, and I could only pinch her cheek in return. She smiled softly, and sat in my lap. I gently rubbed under her chin, enjoying the smooth sounds of her adorable purring.

 

“It's still cute that's why.” I her hair, and observed her flipping through random channels on the tv. We got caught up in watching a random news report, and remained quiet with each other. I knew that she didn't like it when we weren't speaking, and felt her tug on my sleeve.

 

“Did you miss me?” Her voice was leaking with curiosity. She always asked me this everyday. I wasn't sure why. She knew that my answer would always by the same each time.

 

“Of course. I'm always thinking of you.” My hand brushed softly across her cheek before landing a gentle kiss on her lips. I smiled at the sudden shade of red that had spread across her faces in a mere second. She tugged harder at my sleeve this time which usually indicated she wanted me to lean down. I did so, and she whispered shyly into my ear.

 

“I love you.” I could feel the warmth of her breath tickling the inside my ear, and felt the familiar fluttering feeling return. She pulled away, and turned her attention back to the tv, so I couldn't see her face. I knew this was because she was embarrassed, and didn't want me to know. I placed my hand on top of hers, and felt her jump suddenly at my touch. I smiled warmly, and pulled her closer to me. She tried to bury her face into my arm, so I couldn't see her expression. I wouldn't let her, and lifted her chin so she was looking right at me.

 

“I love you too.”