chapter thirty six.

Pandora

▲ YEEUN - HELLO TO MYSELF


She sighed, and a tear fell from her fragile face. So confused about what was going on with her life now. "What would you do if I never came into your life?" Minyoung looked up and found Sehun suddenly beside her, looking at the ground. "What if I was... Your fantasy?  A figure that your mind created, but not real?"
Minyoung sighed and rested her chin on her arm that was on her desk. "If you weren't in my life, by now, I would be insane. Stress takes over that I've gone completely crazy. I'd cry myself to sleep every night, hoping the nightmare would end. I'd be dead by now..." she whispers the last part.

"Commiting suicide won't solve anything, Minyoung." Sehun sighed and looked at his folded hands. "If you never came into my life..." He suddenly paused and lets out a half laugh. "Never mind..."
Minyoung kept an emotionless face, "Why is everyone suddenly disappearing from my life? First Jaesun, now Ilsung..." She heaved a sigh. 
“Do you think I’m... Hallucinating? Because of the blue pills I took a long time ago?" she asked. He looked at her, his lips curved into a smile, but he did not say anything. She tried to look at him through her blurred eyes. Every time she’d blink, her vision was getting more worse. She wiped away her tears and got a clear look of him. He was still smiling.

He reached to touch her fragile face, and she closed her eyes, but felt nothing. She opened her eyes and found his smile gone. Suddenly, it seemed as if he was fading away. As if his own image was fading away like a hologram. He at last touched her cheek and smiled at her, making her close her eyes. When she opened her eyes, he was gone. Looking down at her hand, she realizes the ring he had given her a while ago was gone, and it was on her finger just a while ago. She looked up and around, finding no one around her. Her vision begins to blur more with the tears. "Sehun... Sehun... Don't go..."

"Sehun!" Minyoung shouted. Her eyes shot open, and she panted. Her tears were getting mixed with her sweat. Minyoung sighed and swallowed the lump that was in , burying her face into her hands. "Just another nightmare..." she whispers to herself. Slowly getting out of her bed, she shuffled to the kitchen, grabbing a cup, pouring cool water into it. She sighed as she chugged the whole glass down. *The fourth time this week... Why am I suddenly getting these nightmares? Expecially ones about Sehun leaving?* There was a sudden knock at her door. Curious, she walked towards her door and opened it, finding Sehun in front of her, panting and in his sleepwear. He panted as he looked at her. "Sehun... What are you--"
He pulled her into a tight hug before she could finish her sentence. "I had a nightmare... And I want to spend the night forgetting about it with you..." he whispered into her ear.

Minyoung sighed as she Sehun's hair. Sehun looked up at her as he rested his head on her lap. "What was your nightmare?" he asked, after telling her about his.
Minyoung looked at Sehun and blinked a couple of times. She hesitated to answer him, "N-nothing... It was nothing..." she said. "Sehun... What do you think would have happened to me by now if you hadn't come into my life?"
Sehun sighed as he looked at Minyoung. "Without me, you still would have found someone who could try to change your life. Like... Ilsung."
"But what if you and Ilsung never appeared in my life?"
Sehun reached up, touching her cheek. "I think you would still be fine. But, you might have not been able to stop all this studying and stress overcome you..."

Minyoung touched Sehun's hand that was on the side of her face, leaning into it. She certainly loved his touch. "What are your future plans?"
Sehun suddenly looked elsewhere. "To be honest, I haven't thought of that yet... But, I still have a lot of time to think of that, right?" He looked at her with soft eyes. "Are you tired?" he asked, sitting up. Minyoung shook her head. Sehun smiled and pulled her head towards him until it rested on his shoulder. "Sleep..." he whispers. "I'll be right here, and the first person that you will meet when you wake up." Minyoung glanced at him before closing her eyes. Her arms found their way around Sehun and she slowly fell asleep. *With you, I don't think any nightmares will come.* A smile crept on to Sehun's face as he her hair, the other arm around her waist.

Daytime soon came. Minyoung eyes fluttered open from her deep slumber that felt like it was only a five minute nap. Waking up, she realized Sehun wasn't with her. She looked around, finding herself alone in her apartment. Her thoughts suddenly turned to last night. *Did he really leave, for school? Or is this another one of my nightmares?* Slowly, she stood up, walking into her kitchen. Looking at the kitchen table, she found breakfast waiting for her on a tray. There was a sticky note stuck to the tray. Reaching forward, she snatched the sticky note from its place. 'Sorry I wasn't there for you when you first woke up as promised, but practice again. Don't worry, I didn't really leave your life forever. I'll be back as soon as this festival is over. Stay healthy. Game's next week, can you come?' Minyoung sighed as she looked at the breakfast that Sehun had taken the whole morning to make. She sat down in her chair, propped her chin on the palm of her right hand. She was in no mood to eat anymore. Sighing once more, she shuffled to the bathroom to freshen up, then to her room.

Minyoung sighed as she slipped on her reading glasses and sat down at her desk. She looked at calendar, realizing that it was already February. She hadn't noticed the snow around her ever since winter came, she never realized that it was even Christmas when her school had a three-day break. She didn't even notice that her own birthday had passed. She stared at her books that sat in front of her. She still hasn't done her assignments that were assigned days ago, and usually, she would have finished it the day before the assignment was given. Sighing and closing her eyes, she remembered the first day she entered the high school as a sophomore.

Minyoung sighed as she stuffed her hands in her blazer pocket. *Another year at Center high, and everything is still the same.* She felt glares being shot at her, mocking, teasing, and insults from the students around her. But there was just one person out of that crowd that felt differently towards her. He was treated the same, but it was as if he was invisible. No one cared about him, talked to him, or even bother to see him. It was like he was a ghost to the school. But he was welcomed by a group of boys who were a tad like him. He didn't understand why Minyoung got all the attention if she was hated by everyone at school. In his eyes, she was like him. He had different feelings for her than the others. He felt the need to protect her from the harmful world, but never understood what love really was.

The boy knew almost everything about her, everything that went on in her family, only because he lived right across the street from her. Minyoung was the hardworking middle child; Hyunchan was the youngest, the one that never bothered to even care about school; and Jaesun... He was the one who always got what he wanted, but in the end, regretted everything. The three shared a strong sibling force that seemed that it could never be broken. But there was a strong wall between the eldest and the two youngest that could break their relationship once they grew older. The boy could see them, day by day, their relationship was becoming a giant gap, but his eyes always landed on the sister of the three. There was just something about her that pulled him towards her. Every time he got the chance to look at her from eye to eye, he sensed that she needed attention, but the kind of attention that she wanted⎯kind, caring, and friendly attention.

Minyoung sighed as she settled into her seat, looking out the window. But she felt eyes on her⎯not the kind of glares that she received each day, but something about whom ever was looking at her, made her feel relaxed and calm, it was friendly. She turned her head, but turned it towards the door, purposely. She glanced over at the corner of her eye, finding a boy who sat just two seats diagonally in front of her, looking at her. He then ducked his head and looked back at the front of the classroom, fiddling with his hands. There was just something about her gaze that made him feel comfortable for the first time in high school.

Her phone started ringing. Minyoung looked at her cell phone, finding Ilsung calling her. Sighing, she rested her head on the table, and turned off her phone before closing her eyes. *Please, just... Stay away for a while...*


uuurrrrr. short weird update. yep.
i still got mroe for you guys.
i'm still unsure about the ending, and i hope you guys will like it.
it's an ending that you won't find a lot in fanfics, hopefully you guys won't get angry when post it this month.