How do you know if you like someone?

If only I could see you

Hui-Fen's POV: 

"How was your lessons today?" asks mum as she picks me up from work "Fine" I reply as she helps me into the car and soon we're on our way home. "Mum" I say as she hums "How do you know if you like someone?" I ask her "Why do you like someone?" she asks "N-No, a girls at my class today asked me because she thought she liked someone and she didnt know" I say "And what did you say to her?" asks mum "Well I couldnt really answer her because I dont know... I've never really liked a guy like that" I reply to her 'I'm on fire with these excuses!'. "Well for me, when I first met your father I instantly took a liking to him and I knew I liked him because everytime he was there talking to me my heart would start racing and everytime I tried to speak to him I would stutter" she explained as I nod my head "But I guess it's different for everyone else" she adds as I nod again... the reasons she just gave... they're actually VERY similar... oh no... can I? 

Lay's POV: 

*the next morning* 

"Where's dad?" I ask mum as I wonder downstairs "Out working on the car" she says rolling her eyes as I go to see how he's doing. "Need any help?" I ask him as I roll up my sleeves "No I'll be fine" he says as he sits down to catch his breath "You sure?" I ask him as he nods "Just go get me a drink" he says as I nod and make my way to the kitchen. "Do you ever remember what it was like when first began to like someone?" I hear someone ask and when I peak into the living room Mrs Lim is there talking to mum "Of course... I use to make a fool out of myself, why?" asks mum as I lean in closer "Because I think Hui-Fen may like someone" she replies...oh really? "Has she told you who?" asks mum "No, she hasn't admitted it... but I'm pretty sure she does-" and I walk away before I can hear anything else. So, Hui-Fen likes someone eh? >:D. "Hello Yixing" says her dad as he answers the door "Is Hui-Fen in?" I ask him as he nods and shows me to the garden. 

"Guess who?" I ask her as I place my hands on her shoulders and I feel her jump "You scared me" she says as I sit next to her laughing "Now a little birdie told me you like someone" I say as she opens to say something then shuts it again. "I'll take that as a yes" I say grinning "N-no" she says "Come on you can tell me, I wont tell anyone" I say as I nudge her and she blushes "I don't like anyone so just drop it" she says... nah I dont want to! "Come on Fe-Fe tell me" I say "I SAID I DONT LIKE ANYONE" she shouts and it makes me jump... this is the first time in a while she's snapped at me like that... since when did she become so aggitated about things like this? 

*flashback*

No one's POV: 

"Hui-Fen" called a young Lay as he and Hui-Fen were at the park one day sitting on the swings "How old do you reckon you're going to be when you get married?" he asked as Hui-Fen scoffed. "Who has time for marriage?" she asked as she thought for a moment "I at LEAST want a decent job with a decent house and a lot of money before I even THINK about getting married" she added as Lay smiled, he knew Hui-Fen's answer would be as straight forward and as blunt as that because that was just the way she was. "I want to be married before I'm at least 30... no... 29" he said as he thought about the right age for a moment "Good luck trying to get a girl who would want to marry you" Hui-Fen said as she began to laugh but stopped when she saw the expression on Lay's face "I was just kidding" she said as Lay began to laugh "Gosh you panic so quickly" he said as Hui-Fen playfully pushed him and he had to grab hold of the swing to stop him from falling. 

"How about we make a deal" she said to him as she hopped of the swing "What deal?" he asked "If neither of us are married by the time we're 28 we marry each other" she said "R-really?" asked Lay as Hui-Fen nodded her head. "Pinky promise?" he asked as he held out his pinky "Pink promise" replied Hui-Fen as her pinky locked with his for a moment sealing the deal, "Now come on, mum gave me money and I believe its ice cream time" she said as she grabbed his arm and dragged him to the shops. 

*end of flashback*

Hui-Fen's POV: 

AAHHH!!!, I didn't mean to snap at him, I just go carried away by all of his questioning and earlier when he nudged me and placed his hands on my shoulders... WAIT why am I even thinking about this? "Alright I'm sorry" I hear him say and I can hear the sadness in his voice and then it goes silence... great he's probably gone of all sad now... "I'm sorry" I call out but I expect him to not hear it. "That's ok, friends argue all the time" he says and he's still next to me as I nod and he takes my hand and again my heart skips a beat and then speeds up again "W-what are you do-doing?" I ask him "I'm taking you somewhere" he says and at his voice my heart skips a beat... wait... am I falling for my best friend?!?