Run

Run

"EUAAAAAAACK! Let me off, please! The game just started!" yelled Kai as he ran for what seems to be in slow motion.

 

Uprising star Kai and his other group members were casted as special guests for the popular variety programme, Running Man. This was a special episode which involved special 'powers', as featured in other episodes, and of course, they had their individual powers from their group's concept.

 

He rushed into an opening elevator and furiously pressed on the close button, heart beating as fast as a hummingbird's. Lucky him, he got away from the legendary SpartaKook, and found the spell to activate his power.

 

Getting off on the tenth floor, he ran into a random office room and requested to hide in there. He looked over the border and noticed a female staff off the building with a smile tingling on her face. "Excuse me!" Kai tried to whisper as loudly as he could to catch her attention.

 

When she looked up into his eyes, he felt himself unable to speak for a couple of seconds or so. Snapping away from his mesmerised state, he asked if she had seen any silver envelope from the RM team.

 

Her voice sent his heart aflutter when she replied, "What you're looking for seems like it's a mile away, when it's only nearby." She nudged her head towards the table he was sitting at with a knowing smile hanging on her face. Sending her a grateful smile towards her way, he began to flip through random things on the table.

 

The hint on the card was a part of a puzzle, not just any kkwang card. He found her chuckling at his "Assaaa!" from earlier and shouted a word of thanks while making his way out the room.

 

__________

 

The episode ended and the EXO-K members were in their car, on their way back to their dorm to catch up with some sleep. The car was alive with noise from everyone, everyone except Kai. Immersed in his thoughts about the girl that caught his attention, he didn't even realise that they had reached their dorm.

 

For the next couple of days, she was always on his mind unless he slapped himself to get out of it - he might not even see her again.

 

As the days went by, his mind still occupied by her captivating smile and honey-like words, albeit a little lesser since his schedule had been a lot busier.

 

Lucky for him, EXO-K had been invited to film another variety programme in the 'S' building, where they had filmed Running Man in.

 

"Oh yes, hello sunbae, hello, hello sunbae.. Ah! PD-nim how have you been? Hello.." He greeted as he walked past the corridors during the interval while filming the programme.

 

"ARGH I'm losing my mind!" Knocking his head into a random vending machine he was passing by. He scrunched his face and rubbed his head, obviously annoyed. Slipping his hand into his pocket to find some spare change for a cola, the sound of coins dropping into the machine nudged him up. A small hand hit the cola button while he just blinked at the action.

 

"Here, have a cola. Congratulations on your win on the Running Man episode Kai-sshi." That voice! His breath got caught in his throat as he turned around to look at the person. Beaming back at him was her, with a can of cola in her hands.

 

Grinning, he turned back to the machine and bought a bottle of orange juice. Spinning around, he took the cola and slipped the bottle of orange juice into her hand. "Thanks! I'll drink it well, so you drink yours well too~" He sung with a special glint in his eyes.

 

Her eyes rounded for a while, until she smiled and bowed a little with a 'thanks'. They leaned against the wall and drank their drinks in silence, making small talk once every few minutes. It wasn't an awkward silence....just a peaceful one where they just absorbed each other's presence.

 

She gave a little squeak realising that she had taken a fairly long break and it was time for her to get back to work. After explaining to him that she had to go, she gave a small wave and a thankful smile, turning to go back to her desk.

 

"Wait!" Kai latched his hand onto her wrist, stopping her. She hiccuped and turned around, with a questioning gaze.

 

"I.. Wai-... I couldn't keep you off my mind all week.." Wincing at how hard this was, he looked at her smiling face. Gathering his courage, he choked out, "W-Will you go out with me? I know I'm not the best person to get with, considering my status and all.... But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get you, and I swear", he nervously paced around while looking at the ground and continued to blabber, "I'll protect you, from fans, media, or anything.. I don't know what's wrong with me but I really really really like you, and you seem to keep interrupting my thoughts with your smiling face and your voice oh gosh... I'm willing to do anything for you to try and I really hope you'll go out with me because I-"

 

His non-stop chattering made her laugh as she pulled him into a hug, "Why not?"

For now, her work could wait.