My beautiful jagiya.

You're Beautiful.

 

The next day you sighed, laying on your bed. Did Jaehyo really mean everything he said? How would he prove to you that he cared for you after everything that had happened between you? You closed your eyes, rolling over onto your stomach. Your gaze lifted to peer out the window above your headboard. It was dark and cloudy outside, a light rain falling from the skies. That moment your phone buzzed and you blinked. You reached over, picking it up and eyeing the caller ID. Your eyes widened before you gulped, answering the call.

Y-Yeoboseyo?” You said.

____-ah, please come to the door. I got proof…” Jaehyo said on the other end of the line, sounding exhausted. You slightly questioned how he got your number but quickly dismissed the thought as you quickly made your way down the stairs. You opened the door and took a few steps out into the rain, looking around until you spotted Jaehyo waking up towards your house.

Your jaw dropped as he became clear in your vision. His hair was messy and wet, his clothes partially torn. He had a bruise on each of his cheeks ad his bottom lip had a large cut in it. Your eyes widened as you quickly ran to him, your hands instantly cupping his cheeks gently, thumbs brushing over his bruises. He closed his eyes and froze at your touch before speaking.

“____-ah… I told Jiho that I told you about what happened before and why… I also told him that I…” He paused, his eyes opening to stare down at you. You blinked as yours and his eyes locked. You brought your hands away from his face and cleared your throat.

“You went to all that trouble… for what?” You shook your head. “You made it clear back then. It’s true, why should I think that a guy like you would like a girl like me?” You said, your voice shaking as your heart felt like it was shattering all over again from the memories.

“Stop that. Stop saying that.” He said as he gripped your left arm with his right hand, his left hand coming up to your chin to tilt your head up. You looked up at him. “Look at me. Do you think this was for nothing? I love you!” He said, his brow furrowing.

“You what…?” Did you hear him right? Did he say love? Your brow furrowed as a sudden overwhelming feeling came over you. Your lips spread into a smile before your hands came up to cup his cheeks again.

“I love you…” He said, his expression softening as he felt your touch on his face. “I always have. It hurt me so much that day to say such things to you…”

Your smile grew wider as the memories of that day in the 8th grade slowly disappeared. Tears began to flood your eyes before falling. You felt his hand come up to brush away the stray tears that fell before he leaned forward. The tip of his nose brushed against yours and this time your heart flew. You felt happy for the first time in years.

“I love you, too.” You said before leaning forward slightly, pressing your lips against his as gently as possible. You saw him wince and tried to pull back but he kept you there, pressing his lips back against yours passionately. Was this really happening right now? You broke away from the kiss and opened your eyes.

“Hm?” Jaehyo asked, smiling down at you.

You shook your head, a large smile on your face. “Nothing… I’m just happy.” You brought your hand down, fingers locking with his. The action caused your heart to flutter before you turned around, tugging lightly on his hand. “Come in, I’ll disinfect the cuts.”

Jaehyo chuckled, following but stopping just as you reached the door. You turned, blinking up at him questioningly. His expression was soft as his eyes were staring down at you lovingly. Your head tilted.

“What is it, Jaehyo?”

He smiled widely at the fact you didn’t use honorifics and suddenly wrapped his arms around you, pulling you tightly against his chest. You felt his fingers comb themselves gently through your hair and you could hear his slightly fast heartbeat.

“You’re beautiful… My beautiful, beautiful jagiya...”