chapter one. " ex-wife"

Birthday Parties

A/N: I'll post the second chapter too, because Myungsoo doesn't appear in this chapter, and when I read, I like the main characters appearing like within the first few chapters, and because this story is only going to be like 12 chapters, I can't be prolonging things.... wait wtf am I saying? LOL ANYWAAAAYS, enjooooy, the second chapter will be posted with this one! (: Oh and yes I know that Taemin is like... the same age as Sungjong, but like  please MY FIC, I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. ROLOLOLO. 

 

 

 

Birthday Parties

 

 

 

 

His first victim was Lee Howon, his son’s friends older brother, Sungjong had been thrilled when he first met the 20 year old male, broad shoulders, decent face, and a beautiful attitude. His son, Lee Taemin was more than happy to his father allowing Howon and his little friend (whom Sungjong can’t remember the name of) coming over more often than not.

 

At first Sungjong dealt with Howon (who said he should start calling him ‘Hoya’) slowly at first, small subtle touches, more flirty smiles, more giggles – one day (actually night by a lit pool side) Hoya has enough and takes the leap, granted him and Hoya didn’t last long because Sungjong does have a child, and Hoya needed to begin his career as a member of a famous boy band nowadays – and he can’t be prouder to say, I got ed by that hunk. –

 

His second victim, some cranky guy with 4 children with a woman he’s falling out of love with, Sunggyu, or something, except Sunggyu ran away the next morning and now whenever they see each other Sungjong is more than just thrilled with the embarrassed eye avoiding Sunggyu does.

 

His third victim, a guy named Sungyeol (one of Hoya’s band mates) who had practically screamed every time they kissed, Sungjong, after 5 times having with Sungyeol decided to break it to him that he’s actually 26 with 2 children, Sungyeol – ran away.

 

Obviously Sungjong isn’t an expert at making heteroual men (all ages) into one night stands, because let’s face it, some people will forever be the most homophobic ever.

 

Still, Sungjong doesn’t have much to lose, considering he can already sense his son radiates gayness, so he doesn’t need to worry about corrupting his child anymore.

 

“Your birthday party is tomorrow, are your friends dads and moms coming over?”  Sadly Taemin is already 5 years old, and soon Taemin’s friends won’t need their parents by their sides when they come over, and Taemin’s birthday parties is how he practically picks out his choices, he sighs dreamily, thinking about how he’ll hunt heteroual men later in life – when he’s old, ugly, and alone.

 

“I think so” Taemin mumbles in his toddler tone, throwing his car across the living room to switch it with a dolly, “Minho-hyung said his daddy wants to meet you first before he leaves him here.”

 

“You talk so well” Sungjong grumbles, still oftenly amazed at how well Taemin speaks – even Taemin’s teacher is often wooed about how smart his son is, “where is Jinki?” He yawns out, stretching his body out onto the couch and flickering the TV channels until a reality show Hoya is starring in comes on, Sungjong settles on that.

 

“He’s with…” Taemin pauses, looking up at the TV – little eyes widening when Hoya and his band mate Dongwoo starting making out. “Daddy two – w – what daddy two guys are kissing

 

“So?” Sungjong yawns out, “as long as you like a person you can kiss them, Taeminnie.”

 

“Don’t teach him weird things, dad!” His 9 year old son hollers from upstairs, skipping down the stairs with his friends Jonghyun and Joon.

 

“I’m not teaching him anything weird, I’m teaching him that gender doesn’t matter, Jinki.”

 

“” Jonghyun snickers behind Jinki, and Sungjong grins because he knows that his son calls himself ‘Onew’ at school, often being teased by his friends because Jinki rhymes well with a lot of things.

 

“So I can kiss Minho-hyung?” Taemin asks innocently.

 

“No!” Jinki screeches,

 

“Why not?” Sungjong – the father – shrugs out, hoping off the couch to stretch his body out, “well, not till I deem him worthy enough for my little man.” He says ruffling his youngest child’s bowl cut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The birthday party started early, because it’s a bunch of brats, it starts at 8am and even though Sungjong hates being up so early, he cannot deny he’s excited in finding a man, or a one night stand – Jinki (who had become aware of his ‘trickery’ every time they have gatherings at their house) began the morning with stealing all of the houses keys so his dad can’t lock any room.

 

“Stupid brat” Sungjong grumbles, elbows on the countertop as his coffee brews. Making his morning worst, his youngest child, Taemin was anything but calm, choosing to annoy his non-morning father by bouncing everywhere.

 

“Happy bwirthday to me! TO ME!” Taemin screeches loudly, jumping on the couch as they wait for Taemin’s mother (aka the witch, Sungjong’s ex-wife) to come over and pick up her children to bring them out for breakfast.

 

Truthfully Sungjong would prefer his children never seeing that woman, considering she packed up her bags and left Sungjong with his two children, claiming she wanted nothing to do with them, but still demanded that she gets to see her kids whenever she pleases.

 

Jinki, being older and a bit smarter than your average 9 year old – doesn’t like his mother, but Sungjong and Jinki both know they must wait till Taemin understands that his mom is a before they can cut all contact off with her.

 

“I don’t want to go, dad.” Jinki mutters behind him, pouring himself a glass of milk and copying his dad by leaning onto Taemin and his mini-table, giving his dad pitiful looks.

 

“How old is Taemin today?” Sungjong asks tiredly, and Taemin chirps a loud bright ‘SIX’ from the living room, “you realized when you were… 8, 7? So only like, 2 more years.” He yawns out.

 

“I don’t want too!” Jinki whines out, “Taemin can go with mom himself.”

 

“No” Sungjong says sharply, “what if she tries to sell him off or something? Oh god, the more I think about it… I’ll give you my cellphone again, call the house, or Hoya if you think she’s going to do something funny, you can’t go anywhere but the Morning Fruity place, you know the route, right?”

 

“Okay, Okay, yeah, I do.”

 

“Mommy is gonna sell me?” Taemin asks curiously, and Sungjong shrugs looking down at the birthday boy.

 

“Yeah, if we aren’t careful.”

 

“Mommy is weird” Taemin agrees, and Jinki groans.