Page 16: Miho and Jun's mom

Lucky Star

 

16

“Nee-chan!!!” called Min ho as he entered Eun hye’s office.

“What are you blabbing about?” Eun Hye complained.

“Is that true that mama returned?”

Eun Hye nodded.

 

*

I didn’t expect that Jun’s mom was this beautiful. She was pure Korean but born and lived here in Japan.

I greeted her politely, but she gave me a nutty stare. I felt nervous.

“Why are you here?” asked Jun.

“I’m here not for you,” his mom said to Jun “but for this girl” she looked at me “You’re Miho Ueda, right?”

I confusedly nodded.

“You live with my son in one roof” she started, looking at me from head to toe. “I also heard that he supports your study…”

“That’s true but I’m not a gold digger!” I insisted.

Jun intruded. “Will you please stop interrogating her?!”

 

“Move!” her mother pushed him. “Like what I said I’m here for Miho. Back to you Miho, I want you to answer me… how many times have you slept with Jun?”

Her question shook me. “No, we didn’t do that yet!”

“Really?” She didn’t believe me.

“Mama!” Jun got mad. “If you don’t have good things to say just go and leave!”

Her mother smirked. “Actually, I’m here to get Miho”

“What?” Jun and I questioned.

“I just can’t stand seeing my own son violating the law of chastity, that’s why I decided to get Miho.” She came closer to me and grabbed my hand. “From now on, you’ll live with me”

“Hey, what are you talking about?” asked Jun, stopping her mother.

“I’m serious, I’ll bring Miho. Just get her if you’re ready to marry her!” She grabbed me out of the house. Jun tried to stop her but knowing her mother, it might cause public scandal if he insisted and besides, the world marriage bumped on his mind.

 

*

As Jun’s mom drove her car she noticed me from the side mirror.

“Don’t worry, I’ll call my butler to pick your things” she assured. “But for now, let’s relax.”

She headed the car to the mall. We made shopping. After that, we went in Ocean Park.

“Wow, this is my first time being here!” I commented.

Jun’s mom smiled. “To tell you the truth, this was the first place where I brought my children’

“Really?”

“I’m not sure if you know this already, but we used to be poor, so I did lot of efforts just to save money, and it was worth it, when I saw how happy my kids”

 I smiled, thinking that she was indeed a good mother.

 

“Is there any place you want to visit?” she inquired, but of course I said none. “I already have lots of clothes and accessories; you also brought me in this wonderful place- so this is enough. Thank you very much, ma’am!” I said

She patted my head. “Why ma’am, you can call me mama!”

“Mama?”

“Yes, since Shinyoji will marry you soon”

I gave a half smile. True, her words were uplifting, but I still doubted if she was real.

“Any problem?” she asked

 “No!” I answered quickly. “I’m just surprised because you allow me to call you mama. I thought you will reject me for your son.”

“Why will I do that, according to Eun hye and Min ho, you love each other.”

“Miss Eun hye told it also?” I was shocked, I didn’t expect her to say such thing, but if I would analyze, Miss Eun Hye stopped from intriguing me.

“Yes, Eun hye assured me that you love each other.”

For once, it made me happy, but there was still question on my mind. “If you really believe in our love, why do you want to get me?” I asked.

 

“To say you the truth, I hate what my son did. If she really wanted to have you, he should ask for your hand. If I’m your mother, I’ll definitely kill that guy”

 

Jun’s mom got me, I just saw myself staring at her. I loved the way how she said if I’m your mother.

 

“Mama?!” I called.

“Yes?” She replied.

I smiled, happy because at last, there was somebody I could call mama. “Thank you” I said “Thank you for accepting me!”

Mama smiled and hugged me.

 

*

Jun phoned Ushio. As this moment, he wanted to learn more about me.

“What do you want to know?” asked Ushio.

Jun answered after few seconds. “I want to hear about Miho’s family”

“Her family? As far as I know, I’m her only family” said Ushio. “Our father died in a plane crash, her mother left her, only grandpa took care of her, but granpa died due to sickness.”

“Is that so…” Jun commented.

“Another thing, Jun” said Ushio “I know I’m not in the right place to say this, but Nee-chan always dream to have a complete family so please marry her”

 

*

Mama’s house wasn’t big as Miss Eun hye’s place but it was still elegant.

She left me in the living room for a while. As I wait, I sat on the sofa and entertain my self by looking the paintings on the wall. All were a masterpiece. There were also lots of antiques. Maybe those things came from different places; well I was informed that Mama travel to do charity with her husband. I just was wondering why Min ho chose to live with Miss Eun hye than to this place.

Another minute passed, I was too bore to wait so I decided to walk around. I went upstairs to see more paintings. All were really amazing. I was still fascinated from the painting when I heard a male voice.

 

“So, you want that?” the voice said, then he laughed.

 

“It’s Jun!” I said running to the direction where I heard the voice. It was inside of a room. I slowly opened the door and then saw Jun sitting on the bed with a girl. They were both half and they were started kissing.

I couldn’t believe what I saw. I didn’t know what to do, I just shouted“ Stop!!!” and then walked near them. I started to pull that girl. “What are you doing with my boyfriend?” I asked angrily.

The girl looked at me and then to Jun. “So, you have girlfriend, you cheater!” She stood up and fixed her self

“Wait, Maria…” Jun called.

“Goodbye!” the girl said as she left.

“Maria!!!” Jun called again but I grabbed his hand. “Where do you think you’re going, and why do you want to chase that girl?”

“Do you know what you have done?” he asked

 “Of course!” I answered “I save you from the claws of that girl!”

“Save? You’re making me die!” he said. Jun talked as if he was other person. “Look, we almost do it, but you intruded. Do you know how painful it is for a guy?”

“I don’t understand you” I replied.

“Okay, since this is your fault, you need to pay. Come here!” He grabbed my waist. “You’ll be her substitute.”

 

“What’s happening here?” It was Mama, when she arrived, Jun let me go. “I saw a girl a while ago, is she one of your girlfriends?” she asked.

 

Jun smirked. “Not anymore, because this girl interrupted” he looked at me “she ruins my day!”

“Hey what are you talking about?” I grumbled.

“Miho, that guy in your front is my 2nd son; he is Shinji, Shinyoji’s’s twin brother.”

“Eh?”

“Shinji, meet Miho, Shinyoji’s girlfriend”

8140-wxaayq2pde-t.jpg Jun Matsumoto as Shinji Hoshimura

Mama’s introduction cleared everything, and my mistake, since I didn’t realize that this guy wasn’t Jun. They looked really the same.

****** 

Yey, I reached chpater 16, but there will be more 9 chapters.