Cafe

Homey 'The Cafe'

   

Kwon Yuri's POV

         

It was such a nice cafe which I'd been a regular for days instead the one before. Don't let me started on why I stopped the previous one, it just annoying and I could tell you hundreds of reasons on that. Starting from their simple décor on the wall straight to the lazy workers and snobbish manager, they are just simply maddening.

 

But the new cafe is everything I wanted to have, the simple decorations with the nice warmth ambience, the friendly workers with the efficient services, the heart-warming manager and barista plus even those customers are so much entertaining. Besides, there is this small stage on the corner, which sometimes some of the workers will come up and sing.

 

Even some of the customers even come up and play there after all, it’s an open stage, and just like the cafe's name, 'Homey', everyone seems to be one big family under one roof. And to top everything, I even make few friends with the regulars there already. I simply could sit and watch others there for hours without being disturbed out from my so-called lone zone.

 

I will always come in the evening for a snack after a hard-working day, but today I'm a little bit early as I take an off day. So as early as a bird for me which is the afternoon, I arrive there only to be welcomed by the usual smile. "Oh, you're early today Yuri. Like usual?" I just nod to answer the waitress, Seohyun, and with a smile she leads me to my place, besides the big glass window, facing outside.

 

Soon after, she comes back to me with a glass of their sweet vanilla caramel latte and a few slices from varieties of desserts as well. "They're on the house." "Thanks Seohyun," I grin at the sight in front and with a slight bow, she retreats her ways back to behind the counter. She swiftly sandwiches herself between her best-friends slash co-workers, Kyuhyun and Yoona.

 

Kyuhyun soon wraps her in his arms while staring at the game console in his hands with a beam, he is definitely teaching her the game-tricks yet her cheeks are flushed from the contact. Hence Yoona takes the cue for her to leave just in time for the new customers come in. The tall, lanky man struts in with his hand holding the girl's hand beside him. She is tall as well and she is wearing a skin-tone legging that accentuates her slim, long legs even more.

 

He goes straight for the counter and greets Kyu, while Yoona escorts the girl to his usual table. Done with the long-lists of their non-stop orders, he briskly walks his legs towards her. He sits down and swiftly pecks her cheek which she playfully glares him down in return. They soon fall into a deep staring game but Yoona comes in and places the food in front of them which both gleefully accept and as soon as the waitress out of their eyes, they quickly dig in the food.

 

Out of sudden, the cafe is booming with a new music, which a bit rough and loud, which I hastily grow to like. Anyway on the small stage, there is a boy who looks a bit like a monkey dancing around comically, and even with those laughter he brings in, he is the best. Soon as it finishes, he walks his way to the nearest table, over the happily clapping blonde-girl. She looks a bit foreign to me but her loud, husky voice fails me as she speaks fully Korean with a bit dialect.

 

Her voice soon dies down as there is this sound of bickering and laughing from the entrance. Several students of the nearest high school come strolling in and I quickly recognized one of them as Krystal who is Jessica's sister, my bestfriend. Well she doesn't seem to notice me as she keeps smacking her hand on the boy's head in front of her and poor that tanned-man, he definitely struggles to grip away from her.

 

Well after all, based on my experiences to never mess with the Jungs, they've got all the icy deadly glares, the dolphin screams, the cheeses lines and remarks, the worst jealousy yet the best sarcasms and laziness. Plus they can put you down not only physically but mentally, they're the top on that.

 

While the two bicker, the couple behind them previously is now nearing the tall couple from earlier. The girls, I've just realized to have the same high round cheeks and the same smile when they grin at each other genuinely. They are talking animatedly while for the men, the taller of the two is now explaining something but being ignored by the latter. Heck, do I see the school boy just pout?? Oh god he even does the puppy eyes to the tall man, and hell breaks loose, he receives a smack on his nape.

 

But not from the man, it's from the girl, "NOONA," he rubs his nape slowly while glaring on her. But not for long when she starts to pull his ear and he keeps mouthing sorry to her plus a help from the tall man. But the other two are only laughing at him in amusement, nowhere near to help yet both are already down for another batch of conversations.

 

Another boy, a pretty looking one from the school-troupe soon makes his way to the monkey boy and they quickly engage into a deep conversation with a few gestures of popping and locking. The blonde also shows some of her moves and damn, she’s as good as those boys, or even better as her moves are more fluid and sharper, maybe because she’s a girl so she has the flexibilities more? Who knows but soon enough the poor-tanned boy appears in with his glass in hand, not before plopping his down beside the girl.

 

He is eyeing the girly-looking boy and the monkey boy dancing goofily around before leaning his head on the girl’s shoulder. And from his gestures, he is complaining something to her, maybe on Krystal. But where is that girl now?

 

Channeling my eyes from them, my sight falls on the group of boys sitting and lounging near the table beside me. They are talking in Korean and some Chinese, so maybe tourists or some of Victoria's friends as she's a Chinese native after all. Still fixing my eyes on them, I scrunch upon the three boys who are talking in mix languages, a bit secluded from the main table. They are talking in complete English when, "Amber we're in Korea and you guys aren't back in Canada already."

 

The Dino-looking boy grunts her voice low and his other friends are laughing at him and the warned-trio. His doppelganger glares him playfully before catching him off guard with her broken Koreans, and that is totally cracking the whole group to burst into a complete laughter, especially the guy in pink beside him. But isn't 'Amber' is a name for a girl and 'hyung' is the call-name for a boy to a boy, so what is... she?

 

Next to their table is filled with another co-ed group, but this time all are Koreans. How’d I know? Just a lucky guess maybe… but maybe they’re all involved in musicals or theatres maybe as one keep recalling their schedules while another keep bubbling like crazy. The petite little girl there whom likely a leader swiftly hits the table and everyone soon heeds in hush. They stop talking and staring at the girl as to wait for her another words. “What? There’s an ant there.”

 

She ignores the frowns she receives and keeps smiling to each of her peer’s words especially the eye-smiling girl beside her and shortly she stares at the stage and sighs. “What now?” the small-face boy across her asks her in exasperation. “Oh nothing, don’t you guys wanna have a singing competition like the oldies? I see an empty stage there.” Her friends beaming and hurriedly encourage her, especially the guy in white which easily convinces her, curtly she stands and walks to the stage. Choosing her song carefully, another mellow and beautiful melody booming out and her heaven, honey-voiced perfectly belted all the notes there to the tunes of the Japanese song.

 

"Having fun my dear?" I turn my head only to see the once empty-seat is now filled by a man. He grins sweetly at me and pecks my temple before pulling me in his arm. "I'm sorry that you have to wait but Sica halted me earlier ranting on her love life." We both chuckle, "She spilt them to you? What is it this time?" “Nothing much, Heechul being a for not taking her along to the new mall, Jae is mad at her but she doesn't know why, I bet she knows yet ignores it as she just hates to say sorry and Donghae~ well he's the sweetest of all, he stained her grey, newly-bought Siberian-husky plushy."

 

"He is? He's doomed." "Hahaha, you should see his expressions when his coffee unintentionally pouring down on the face of the dog. And now every morning, there'll be new flowers send in here but still she doesn't want to talk to him."

 

I smiled at his story as he finished it while he continuously sipping on his glass of cold Americano. "When does Seo or Kyu come in to put your glass?" he eyed me playfully while scratching his head slowly, "It's from this morning, so I just took it along." Oh god this man. And before I could utter out my warning to him, he starts to ask me on how my day is. Plus with a pout and a glare, I still answer him and story him every single thing I witness anyway.

 

We are suddenly fallen into a deep silence, a welcoming one, but almost immediately I can see he is rubbing his eyes already. "Tired babe?" he barely nods and I quickly stand up from the seat with his arm holding onto mine. "Let's go home but just let me say a few words to Kyu first." He let me go and walks to where the man is, which near Victoria the barista now.

 

He walks straight to his room and takes up his things maybe, not before reprimanding Kyu on the cafe matters. He struts beside me, before shouting over, "Krys wanna have a ride? We're going home." Krystal gladly accepts and happily skipping toward us, not forgetting another smack on the boy's head but this time with a peck on his cheek as well. She waves to her friends and leisurely ignores her brother glares which eventually glues on her previous act.

 

"So unnie, how's your appointment? You're pregnant right?" As we’re out from the door, she blurted the quest. Aish this girl, I eye her down from the corner of my eyes while she fidgets with her skirt’s hems. Nice move for not being interrogated Krys. The man beside me is totally dumb with his jaw drops down. "You're pregnant, since when?” Oh did I tell you another reason for me to like this cafe is because of this stupid already-two-months husband of mine as well. He could wait for my answer later on, right? But now I’ve got some revenge to do first.

 

“Don’t change the subject on me sweetie pumpkin. Who’s the boy earlier?”

______________________________________________________________________________________

     

# i'm not really in my mind while writing this so bear with me on any errors~ this was all in Yuri's pov while she was there in the cafe.. where she studied every single person to witness all of these ^^v
## i've also mentioned some of my favourite idols which were the SMTowners' :) so you guys could take a guess on that LoL there's also my otps and shippings which do sail smoothly in me~