Final.

Would you leave me out with flying colors?

His breath was getting very unsteady by the minute and his head was hurting so much. Yukwon wants to leave this place so badly, it reminded him so much about Minhyuk and he couldn’t stand the pain anymore. He took one last shot and left the bar. He somehow managed to get a cab and went inside, giving directions to the driver.

 

-f l a s b a c k-

“I’m really sorry about that accident earlier, I didn’t mean to spill my drink on you.” the elder male leaned against the sink beside Yukwon, watching him clean his shirt.
“It’s fine, you don’t have to keep apologizing you know.”
“Hmm. I’m Minhyuk, by the way.”
“Yukwon, nice meeting you.” he replied, smirking at Minhyuk.

And ever since that day, Yukwon and Minhyuk got closer.

-end of flashback-

 

Yukwon smiled happily at the back seat, remembering the way they met. His happiness didn’t last long until he felt a slight pang in his chest. Groaning, he clutched his chest and told the taxi driver to drive faster.

 

-f l a s h b a c k-

“Yukwon ah.”
“Hmm?” the redhead turned to Minhyuk who was lying down beside him.

They were both at the park, lying down on the thick grass and looking up at the wide sky above them. The stars were twinkling brightly that night and the wind was blowing coolly, creating a calm atmosphere.

“I like you.”
Yukwon blushed.
“I like you too, Minhyuk.”

A grin was formed on Minhyuk’s face and he finally turns to Yukwon.

“So uh, will you go out with me?”
“Of course.” Yukwon replied with a smile.

Minhyuk face brightened and he feels like the happiest person alive. He leaned in to Yukwon and gave him a warm, loving kiss.

-end of flashback-

 

Warm tears were wetting his cheeks. Yukwon bit his lip to prevent any sobs to escape his lips. He didn't want the driver to know that he's crying. After what seemed like years to Yukwon, the taxi finally arrived at his apartment. He paid the taxi driver quickly and clumsily went out. He limped to the elevator and pressed the button repeatedly, hoping that it will make it faster. His breathing becoming unsteady again. Ding. He went inside and pressed the number 7 button.

 

-f l a s h b a c k-

It was a Friday night and Yukwon spent the night alone. Minhyuk's parents took him out for dinner with that girl his parents want him to marry. Minhyuk’s parents didn’t approve of him and Yukwon. Yukwon got slightly hurt when Minhyuk told him that. But it’s okay, Minhyuk said it will be okay and he'll find a way to get his parents' approval so why should Yukwon worry right? Minhyuk knows what to do.

Just then, Yukwon heard the doors open. He jerked his head and saw a tired but smiling Minhyuk.

“Hey Hyukkie, how was it?”
“It was great! I had fun and I have so much to tell you.” he flopped beside Yukwon.
“Oh, cool.” That was unexpected. Yukwon forced a smile and sat comfortably, ready to listen whatever story Minhyuk has for him to hear. He knew he isn't gonna like it.
“Okay so my dad introduced me to this girl, she’s Mr. Choi’s daughter. Her name is Minyoung. She’s really petite and lovely. I thought she was those kind of boring girls where they like shopping despite the way she dresses up. But guess what? She loves gaming! That is totally wicked, I hardly find gamer girls.”

Now that Minhyuk told him about this Minyoung girl, he feels as though someone just stabbed him right in his heart. From the way Minhyuk is telling the story, Yukwon can see that he likes her. He stopped paying attention to what Minhyuk said, he doesn’t even wanna pay attention anymore. He just nod at everything Minhyuk said and forced a smile once in a while.

-end of flashback-

 

Ding. Tears keep falling down his cheeks, eyes red. He rushed out of the elevator and to his apartment door. He struggled with the lock but managed to open it. He slammed the door behind him and ran into his room. Hogging through the drawers, Yukwon finally found it. He took a handful of those sleeping pills, thinking that it will put him to sleep and then pain will go away when he wakes up.

Yukwon grabbed a bottle of water and chugged it down. His breath getting shorter and his heartbeat beating faster. He thought the pain was gone since it stopped hurting for a while. But soon after the pains shot again. Yukwon screamed in pain and gripped on the covers with one hand and gripped on his hair with the other. It was too painful and the only thing he wants right now is for it to stop. He fell on the ground beside the drawer and found the letter that Minhyuk wrote lying beside him. The letter that made him miserable like this for the past week. His head was hurting even more and now Yukwon was hesitating to read the letter again. Taking a deep breath, he picked it up shakily and scanned the letter for one last time.

"Yukwon, I'm sorry I had to write this instead of telling you directly. I'm gonna have to.. breaking up with you. My parents arranged a marriage for me and Minyoung, guess they were too excited. I'm confused by my own feelings at first. Ever since I met Min, I felt different. Like there was a change in my life. It's like I've fallen in love. I know you will hate me after you read this but please read it until the end before crumpling this and throwing it away.
I know you'll never forgive me but let me make this clear. I'll never forget you. I'll never forget the time we met, I'll never forget that smile of yours, I'll never forget the way you squirm when I poke you, I'll never forget the fun times we had, I'll never forget the day you said you like me too, never, I'll never forget those.
You mean a lot to me Yukwon and I love you. But it's time for us to say goodbye.
Until then, Kim Yukwon.
-Minhyuk" 

Yukwon crumpled the paper and tossed it away as more and more tears flowed. His body suddenly getting weaker and his heartbeat slowing down. Yukwon knows he's going to die and he wanted to see Minhyuk's face for the last time.

Yukwon scanned around the room and found a photo of him and Minhyuk framed up in a pretty framed, placed on top of his bedside table. He stared at the picture, warm tears were wetting his cheeks again.

"Silly... I love you...." he half chuckled, half sobbed. Yukwon can feel his heartbeat getting slower by the second and his breath getting heavier. He forced himself to crawl to the table with all the energy he has left.

"You'll never make it, there's no time anymore."
"You're weak."
"He doesn't love you, forget about the picture. You're dying here."
Yukwon bit his and holding in his sobs. The voices inside his head were driving him crazy but Yukwon is not gonna stop. When he finally reached the table, Yukwon finds himself lying down on his side, arms no longer strong to support him.

"Minhyuk..... Minhyuk... Come back...." he breathed out, reaching for the photo frame. And just like that, the world is knocked out of Yukwon's view.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's kinda short but I hope you enjoyed it!

-A