White Forever

White Forever

It was the first snowfall, something we thought we'd never see this year. A cold chill went down my spine.

“YAH! Who was that?” I screeched. Mir's eyes bulged out and Joon was casually looking at his nails. I knew it was the latter, for Mir was much too innocent. “Nice try Joonie, but you stick out like a sore thumb on my suspect list.” I mehrong-ed him and skipped away giddily. I giggled as his shocked face came into view.

“Hey, where do you think you're going?! The nerve! Blaming me for everything!” I sped up as Joon came closer. I kept looking back and laughing at how funny he looked, red rosy cheeks puffed out in anger and determination as he tried to catch up. “Minyoung! Watch out!” Joon suddenly screamed.

I looked ahead at the black Sudan slipping and sliding every which way. I gasped. I had stopped so sudden that I, too, started sliding on the ice. That was the day the snow turned red. It was also the day that I, Jung Minyoung, had lost my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks passed until finally, it was my funeral. Mir and the rest of my friends and family were crying. All of them were, all but one. Joon was standing off to the side. He didn't dare sit. He didn't cry, he never cried. I didn't know exactly what was going on in his head, but I knew for a fact he was beyond upset. That's when I realized how important of a role I had in his life.

I thought we were only friends, but apparently I was wrong. I guess it's true what they say, you never know what you have until it's gone. It hit us both hard. We had been friends for six years. Not once had he said “I love you”, but now he wished he had.

And secretly, I wished he had, too.

My heart ached just watching him, I wanted him to see me, to feel my presence and know that I was there with him. But what can I do? I'm merely a lonely spirit moping around at her own funeral, how pathetic.

One by one, everyone left. But Joon stayed. After my mom left- it was tough for her to say goodbye- he finally made his way over to my casket. I watched as his head bobbed a bit and he brought his flushed face down to my pale one. After about ten minutes, I got curious. He still hadn't moved from that position. Did he seriously fall asleep like that? I tried peeking from a different angle.

That's when I saw a shocking sight. He wasn't asleep. He was crying. The bobbing of his head suddenly made more sense. His sobs were silent, but every once in awhile, they would catch in his throat. It got so bad he started to hiccup. Normally I would laugh at the sight, but his vulnerability was too much to handle. My heart was ripping into pieces. But of course, I'm dead. I don't have a heart anymore.

But that didn't stop me from making a promise. “Lee Joon, I'll love you forever. Even in death, I'll pray for you.” A calm feeling overtook the room, and for the first time since my death, he smiled.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To cheer you up a bit after my lame attempt at angst/tragedy :P lol

White Forever - MBLAQ