Chapter Three

A 'Good' Bye

I was in a room waiting for that moment when I'll be called. My mother, my sister and Eunji ,my best friend, were with me. I was sitting in front of a big mirror and someone was fixing my make up and hair. Through the mirror I saw my mother tearing a little, I smiled at her nodding that everything is gonna be ok.
Soon, we heard a knock on the door. My heart started beating really hard, as I know it was time.
"Hyemin-ssi! Are you ready? They are waiting for you!" a familiar voice called for me. "Hyemin-ssi!" He repeated the calling.
"We'll be there in a minute, Sungmin-ssi! Thank you" Eunji answered.
"OK~! I'll tell them!" He shouted excitedly.
Eunji turned to face me grining. "Eonni! It's time...Are you ready?"
I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. "Yes... I am. I can do it" I forced a calm smile.
"Come on, deary! It's your the day you've been waiting for!" my mom took my hand as my sister opened the door for me.
I thanked her and stepped out of the room.
I can't believe it's happening. I'm getting married to my beloved one.

*three years ago:

After that night I spent with Yesung, we decided to not see each other until Yesung found a way with his company issue.
I wasn't supposed to even call or text him. But once a week I would get a text from unknown numbers like "how r u doing, sanmul? Kissue~" or "I miss u, baby. Kissue~" and "I lobe u <3 kissue~" I knew they all were from the same guy, Jongwoon.
A few months passed with the same routine. But, one morning, as I opened my door to go to work, I saw a bunch of red roses with a card. I picked them and read "MEET ME TOMORROw AT MY PARENT'S HOME AT 11 AM! Kissue~"
I smiled at the words and smelled the pretty roses imagining Yesung's face.
"Min-ah!" I jumped in surprise "Are you seeing someone without telling your bestfriend?Ha?" Eunji shouted from behind.
"You always like to ruin romantic moments. Don't you?" I replied annoyed.
"Tell me! Please PWEEA~SE" She pouted.
"Umm...You can say that. Kekeke" I ran to work promising to tell her later.
"YAH! KIM HYEMIN! Tell me now~" she ran after me.

Next day, I reached Yesung's parents' home. I was greeted by his mother "Hello! Hyemin-ah, Long time no see~.Come in, deary!" She was cheerful as always.
"Thank you, eomeonim!"I bowed "How have you been?" I greeted back.
"I'm doing well. Oh, just go to the living room... He is waiting for you" She winked. I felt my cheeks getting red.
I went to the said room and JongWoon was there smiling gently.
"You always come in time" he said while hugging me.
"That's me ,oppa" I rested my head on his chest enjoying this precious moment.
"Umm... Min-ah" he said breaking the silence. I looked up in his eyes as he continued. "there's something really important I have to
tell you". A slight sadness appeared in his eyes.
"What's wrong,oppa?!" I started getting worried.
He looked down, "I'm joining the army in two months… "
"BOWH!!!!" I gasped. "That’s soon! I mean.., you have one more year before 30th, right?! "
"Ne… but I asked for going a few months ago… and it’s decided now. Mianhae" he said sadly.
"Wae?!!" I asked him not understanding anything. Oppa! Why are you leaving me now?!
"I-I-I have no other choice. I mean…" he sighed. "You… I don’t know…"
"Oppa! Is that because of us… you wanted to escape, right? "I said not looking at him.
"Mianhae… I was really lost at that time and I thought if  I went there I could forget..." he said. "Hyemin-ah! Look at the bright side". He smiled suddenly.
"What do you mean? What bright side? "I wondered.
"After I come back, we can be together… we can get married! " he grinned.
"Be together? MARRIED? OPPA! Do you have a fever? "I put my hand on his forehead.
He laughed and took my hands in his. "No… No! I’m totally fine. Hahaha… I’ll be free! I can date after the army. That is written in my contract… can you believe it? "
"Jinjja?!!! " I started jumping in my seat "That’s  AMAZING!!! KYAAAA" I hugged him tightly.
He laughed and hugged me back "It’s so real, baby… so, will you wait for me? "


*Present:

I started walking nervously down the hall that lead to the church's door when I saw my dad standing by the door smiling.
"He must be so proud of you,Min-ah" Mom whispered then pointed to the said man with her eyes.
I nodded nervously as I continue walking slowly to my dad.
"Oh my God! My baby looks so beautiful today" dad commented as he hugged me carefully.
"Let's go sweety. Your husband-to-be is waiting" He said that then kissed Mom.
When we stepped inside, I got ten times more nervous because millions of pairs of eyes were on me. So I took a deep breath and forced a smile.

*Yesung POV:

Time passed really slow as I waited for my bride. I started getting nervous and impatient that I started bitting my nails.
"Oh please Sung~! Stop that bad habit of yours, will you? Do you want me to blackmail you again?" Kyuhyun, my 'best man' said coldly.
"She will be here soon. Minnie said she's ready. So calm down! Will you?"
"O-Ok..." that was all I said.
I'm not in a mood to deal with that evil maknae now. I don't know how I said yes to him for being my best man. It didn't suit him at all! Oh yes he threatened to blackmail me...Agh~
Yes, yes... He's right... I HAVE to calm down myself... But I can't... My mind is really blank right now... Come on, Min-ah!
Why are you so late?
I'm going crazy~
Soon, I heard Kyu wispering a "wow~" so I looked up to see Hyemin walking to me like a princess. She's my princess. I was speachless.
when our eyes met. At that moment I felt like time just stopped. I wanted to run and hug her in my arms but I wasn't supposed do that at least not now. Agh~
She started coming closer and closer and her smile was so charming. I smiled at her when she stepped just in front of me. I bowed at her father as I took her hand then turned to face the alter.
The wedding ceremony started.
After the prayers‏ ‏and saying "I do"s. I turned to face Hyemin to say my vows as I looked in her eyes:
"I, Kim Jongwoon, take you, Kim Hyemin, to be my wife, to have and to hold for better or worse for richer or poorer in sickness or in health until death do us apart. With this ring I marry you".
As I put the ring in her finger, her eyes twinkled more and she took a deep breath to say her's: "I,Kim Hyemin, take you, Kim Jongwoo to be my husband , to have and to hold for better for richer or poorer in sickness or health until death does us apart.with this ring I marry you".
her hands were shaking while sliding the ring in my finger, so I hold her hands to calm her giving a 'it's ok' nod.
The priest's voice raised: "Now I annouce you as husband and wife! Congratulation!" he paused then looked at me "You may kiss the bride!"he smiled.
I looked at my wife who was blushing deeply. I was trapped in her eyes when our eyes met. I leaned closer and put my hand on her soft cheek then pressed my lips on hers.
Eventhough we had kissed thousands of times before, this kiss was like our first kiss. No it was 100 times better.
People started cheering for us and Suju came closer then carrying me & my wife while singing and cheering.
'I can't believe that from today I'll be living with my beloved one forever.'