Chapter One

A 'Good' Bye

*Hyemin POV:

I was sitting in my office trying hard to figure out a design for new summer collection. Yes, I`m a fashion designer working for SPAO fashion company.

But as usual Yesung wearing our designs would control my mind again…

“Hyemin-ssi! Can you sign these papers please?” the worker boy asked me politely.

“Hyemin-ah!!!”  Eunji, my office partner, called me but I was deep in my thoughts.

“Earth calling HYEMIN!!! Can you hear me?!” she raised her voice enough for me to hear.

“Ha?!” I blinked. “what`s up?!” I asked without noticing the papers in front of me.

“You need to sign some papers” she said while giggling a bit pointing to the papers.

“Oh! Mianhae” I signed them and thanked the boy.

  “What`s wrong with you, Hyemin? Are you tired?” Eunji asked me worriedly. “You can go home. We`ll finish soon” she said.

“Aniyo! I`m fine. Thanks Ji” I forced a smile “I have to finish this design”

“We have enough time before summer” she winked and sat next to me. “You were thinking about him, right?”

“I... I wasn`t” I looked away trying hard to get back to my work.

“You can`t lie to your best friend. Right? Min-ah!” she hugged me playfully.

“You got me. Yes I was, happy?!” I shouted a little.

“Ok ok calm down. You can tell me ha?” Eunji softened and put her hand on my shoulder trying to calm me.

“I can`t get over him… I.. I tried a lot but… it`s so hard” I teared a bit.

She hugged me “Min-ah! You should be strong”

“I know alright! But I can`t!” I started crying. “I can`t forget anything about him”

 

 *Two years ago:

One day Eunji and I were called to our boss's office for a new job. He told us that SM entertainment signed with SPAO and we had to help Super Junior's stylist with their comeback.

“OMG!!! Can you believe that?! We`ll work with them! With SUJU!!!” I said jumping up and down excitedly.

We started fangirling like crazy, we are ELFs after all and we are so in love with Suju.

 We got to SM and were guided to a room to wait for the stylist. The door opened and a tall girl entered the room.

“Welcome to SM ladies! Sorry for keep you wait. Shall we- OMO! Is that you? Kim Hyemin?! Am I right?”

“Ooohhh! JAEHYUN EONNI!!! I CAN`T BELIEVE MY EYES!” I ran and hugged her tightly.

“God! It`s been a long time. How were you doing? I miss you!” she said happily while sitting next to me.

“I miss you too eonni!  I`m fine and working for SPAO, when did you comeback from the states? Don`t tell me you are SUJU'S STYLIST!!!”

“I came back three months ago and no I`m her assistant. She will be with you tomorrow” She answered smiling.

“Am I missing something here?!” Eunji interrupted us jokily.

 “Mianhae Ji!” I giggled a bit. “This is Jaehyun eonni. We studied fashion designing together and we are friends. Eonni this is my best friend and working partner, Lee Eunji”.

“Nice to meet you, Eunji-ssi!” Jaehyun said cheerfully.

“Same here, Jaehyun-ssi” Eunji smiled back.

“So girls! Back to work?” Jaehyun looked at us as we nodded.

“Good! As you know, Super junior is making their come back! And we want something new and creative to their fashion styles.  So we-” she was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Come in!” she said loudly.

“Sorry for interrupting!” a guy with a deep familiar voice said giving something to Jaehyun. “Jaehyun noona! You forgot your cell phone in the practice room”.

 “Thank you a lot! Yesung-ssi. That`s so kind of you!”  Jaehyun said bowing.

“No problem! See you next week, noona.” He said, then looked at me with his breath taking smile and left the room.

My eyes were widened and I felt my breath chocking in my throat as I realized who was in front of me.

 

*Present:

I was crying hard as memories passed through my mind while walking back home. I didn`t care about people staring or where I was walking. Why should I? My life`s a mess… no, I`m a mess…

I made my way in the streets, still crying. Then I bumped into someone.

“Sorry.” I mumbled, continuing to walk. But then the guy stopped me, "Are you ok, miss? Are you crying?!" The guy asked. The voice was so familiar to my ears, so I looked up at him, wiping my fresh tears.

“K-Kyuhyun?!”I was shocked to see him. “OMG!!! I should go, s-sorry!” I tried to walk, but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. “W-Wae?!!!” I asked confusing.

“Hyemin!! Thank God, I found you. Please stay, we have to talk.” He said with a serious face.

“I shouldn`t talk to you, I don`t want to cause another problem. Please, let me go.”

“No, you are coming with me, arasseo?” he smirked.

We reached a quiet park and sat on a bench. I was so worried, I don`t want to be seen with another idol.

“You were crying because of hyung, don`t deny that.” Kyuhyun softened.

I nodded shyly and sighed heavily. “I can get over it, I just need time” I forced my words not sure about anything, anymore.

“I know you as a strong woman, but you can`t hide your suffering from your old best friend, right?” he smiled bitterly, understanding my case.

“I missed those days, when we were sharing secrets” I smiled to the sweet memories. “Kyu! Why am I having such bad luck? Why did I lose everyone I love?” I asked knowing there`s no answer to my questions.

Silent moments passed, and then Kyuhyun stood up and offered me his hand. “Let`s have a walk”. I nodded following him...

We started walking in the park admiring the beautiful nature around us, chatting about memories and random stuff.

“Can you wait here? I should make a phone call. I’ll be right back, ok?” He said and walked a bit far from me.

Soon it was getting dark and I began feeling hungry. I should go home.

“I’m sorry!” Kyuhyun said with a grin on his face. It’s weird, was there any good news that he got through phone? Wait, why should I care…

“No problem, Kyu-ah!” I said while looking at my watch. “It’s getting late! Thanks a lot for the walk, umm… I should go home. It was-” 

“NO... NO, YOU SHOULDN’T GO NOW!” He suddenly yelled. “I-I mean… umm... let’s go eat dinner. I want to spend more time with you” He pouted.

“O-Ok!” I nodded. I couldn’t resist his cute face…. Sigh.

“YAAAAY! LET’S GO GO!!!” He said excitedly. I laughed at his childishness.

 

We reached a cafe. My eyes widened as I realized where were we, Handel and Gretel!

I stopped, looking up at Kyuhyun. “Oppa! What are we doing here? I don’t want to be here, please!” I freaked out. What are you planning, evil maknae!

“Don’t worry, Hyemin-ah! He isn’t here. He has work at this time” Kyuhyun said as he put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

“Are you sure?!” I glared at him. He nodded pushing me inside.

“Welcome to our café! Please have a seat” Jongjin greeted us. “OMG!! Kyuhyun Hyung! Hyemin Noona! Glad to see you guys. It’s been a long time”

“Thanks Jongjin!” we greeted back.

“Oh! Why don’t we go to the private room” Jongjin winked.

“Private room?!” I asked surprised. “What do you mean?!”

“It’s a new room for us to get away from fans’ eyes” Kyuhyun explained pointing with his eyes at the crowd.

“Oh! I see” I nodded understanding what he meant.

We went to the said room. As I stepped in there, the door shut behind me and I heard a ‘YES! WE DID IT!’ from outside.

“WHAT THE HECK! YAH! OPEN THAT STUPID DOOR, AISH!”

 

 

*Kyuhyun POV:

“YES! WE DID IT!” Me and Jongjin shouted with victory. “Good job, Jongjinie!” I grinned “Now, we have to wait till he comes, then…”

“I know… I know, Hyung!” Jongjin nodded smiling widely. “Do you think it will work? Our plan?”

“I’m sure about it. I haven’t failed in any plan before... Buwahahaha...” I laughed my evil laugh like crazy.

“Jongjin-ah! You have to make sure he will come through the back door... GO NOW!”

“You are really that evil maknae! I’m going now...” he winked and went to the said door.

Please... it has to work... I have to do something for these idiots... I can’t watch them like this anymore...