Freedom

When do we start living for ourselves?

 

Hyoyeon carefully placed her heavy bag on the concrete and started to stare at the cars driving past in a chaotic blur of headlights with the occasional loud beep.
 
She wondered what kind of people they held, as well as where they were going.
 
Maybe some were fathers going home during rush hour to their loving wives and energetic children.
 
The pedestrian light had turned green bringing her attention back and causing her to slightly scoff and shake her head at what she had been thinking.
 
Turning up the volume on her iPod, she crossed and made the rest of the journey home.
 
As soon as the door was opened she was greeted with the usual cacophony of sounds.
 
Her feeble greeting of "I'm home" was drowned by the sea of shouting by her mother who was pacing around the living room, pausing once in a while to gather more breath or sigh at the man silently sitting with a blank expression on the couch.
 
Hyoyeon didn't even need to assess the situation; it was all too familiar.
 
Quickly making her way to the kitchen, she randomly shoved amounts of rice and side dishes into her bowl as well a separate bowl of stew to take to her room. 
 
She sighed a sigh of relief as she heard the beautiful click of her bedroom lock.
 
This room was her haven.
 
Her parents never bothered her in here unless it concerned the one point they were proud of her for; her school ranking.
 
Although being in the top five in the year had its perks, there were more cons than pros.
 
For one it was of utmost importance that she maintain that position, and this led to less time dancing. 
 
Dancing had always been a passion of hers.
 
She loved watching all the groups on television like HOT and SES dancing.
 
When her parents hadn't come home yet, she would copy them in front of the television, sometimes even making up her own dances.
 
Of course she could never become a dancer or anything like HOT and SES; being a dancer was an unstable job according to her parents.
 
But when it danced, it felt like all her worries would melt away.
 
The sharper and harder the moves, the more satisfaction she would get out of it. 
 
It was around 10:00 pm when she had finished all of her homework.
 
It was definite that mum and dad would be in bed by now; they had demanding jobs that would require them to rise early in the morning.
 
Grabbing the bowls from earlier, she traipsed silently into the kitchen and carefully placed them into the sink.
 
She the television in a similar manner, keeping the volume at a minimum although both parents were heavy sleepers.
 
On the screen was a re-run of a music show.
 
Feeling right at home, she began to copy all the moves, from the waves to and locking.
 
As she watched and copied a smile began to appear on her face; a small one at first, but what gradually grew into a beam.
 
If this was freedom, she thought as the last few words faded, it was indescribable. 
---------------------------------
 
So I had to rewrite this whole chapter cos I accidently deleted the whole thing before TT^TT
Please give this story lots of love I know it's a different style to my other ones :)
I also opened a request shop please give that a look too ^^ 
THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT  :D
 
YoseobistheB2ST~