{ chapter one; i'm as cold as ice }

rollercoaster diaries.

"dude!"

ayoung whipped her head around.

"are you even listening to me anymore? jesus christ, how old are you anyway?" serri smacked her friend on the shoulder before continuing to blab away about some boy who'd stood her up the night before. ayoung was still trying to figure out the situation. she slipped her hand in her back pocket and pulled out a clean ticket stub. not a single penmark to be found.

it was just a dream. ayoung took a deep breath, relieved. she fell back into a daze, staring at the empty seat across the way: the same seat upon which she'd imagined woohee to sit. she barely even noticed when a bouncy group of scantily-clad girls got on the car, skirts rolled up to high heaven and necklines cut as deep as they could without being labeled illegal. their eye makeup was spotless — it seemed as if all the girls were going for the same look, but upon closer inspection each set of eyes was detailed uniquely. the girls came to a stop, holding onto the handles above their heads and popping their bubble gum in each other's faces.

the noise only escalated. ayoung snapped back to reality and twisted around to see where the racket was coming from. she felt a pounding in her chest, suddenly locking eyes with the leader of the pack. uncomfortable and frightened, the only thing she could do was turn back, and stand frozen in place.

the sound of seven girls' heels clacking against the hard floor got louder and louder in ayoung's ears until it peaked and came to an abrupt stop.

for a second, all ayoung could hear was the thumping of her heartbeat.

someone brushed her neck gently, slowly with the frozen tips of their fingers. shivers ran down her spine, and the hand came to rest on the bare skin just above her cleavage. "were you looking at me, darling?"

ayoung gulped. in a nervous fit, she shook her head no — over, and over, and over again.

the girls cackled in harmony. 

"why not?"

ayoung couldn't say a word. 

the hand yanked away from her chest, and the girls started forward. as each girl passed, she smoothed her palm and slapped ayoung's behind. poor ayoung was still unable to move or speak a syllable.

when the last girl was about to take her turn, she swung around and stood in place.

ayoung blinked. it was woohee, in all her glory. her cherry lips, and the skin as pure and sweet as vanilla. seconds slowed to minutes, then slowed to hours. 

woohee cupped ayoung's chin in her hand, stood on her toes, and planted a kiss right on her lips, slyly slipping her hand into ayoung's back pocket.

she stepped down and smiled coyly, before spinning on her heel and swaying off to join the others, several of whom welcomed her back with high-fives and choruses of "nice!"

 

ayoung's gaze was fixed on her feet. she felt faint, catching her balance, but finally regaining her composure. serri's jaw was dangling.

ayoung reached back to her pocket and felt around, grabbing hold to what felt like an empty gum wrapper, and proceeded to look at it closer.

'call me! 812-0690'