Never Forget

Never Forget

 

Taemin’s POV

     Everything’s warm.

The feeling of your skin.

The heat trapped underneath the bed sheet that we shared.

The gentle kisses that we often shared.

The love that we made.

Jinki…Do you remember?

 

     You’re laugh is precious to me.

You would always laugh at things, even when they weren’t all that funny. You were the sunlight to any situation, and people adored your company. Especially me.

“Was it really that funny?” I ask as I sit next to you on the leather couch. The television in front of us play the past; replaying my embarrassment.

You continue to laugh joyfully as the me in the television puts on a bald wig and ridiculous glasses. I smile to myself, remembering the bet I had lost back then, as well as a pinch of dignity.

The scene after that cut to me standing on the side walk, waving to the many business men and women who walked past, all staring at my ridiculous getup.

“Have a nice day.”

I remember saying that over and over with a bright smile on my face as you recorded me, laughing too hard to hold the camera properly.

“This is why I don’t have bets with you.” I say, laughing as well. You delivered a few last chuckles before picking up the remote from the counter in front and shutting the machine off.

“Want to watch the other clips?” I ask, grinning widely with my body completely turned to you. You glance down at your watch and scowl, “Shoot, my boss is going to kill me.” With that, you took off in a hurry, jacket and bag flying as you locked the door behind you. I watched as you leave, waving just like I did in the video,

“Have a nice day.”

 

     Sleep was always something I looked forward to.

Because then I could observe you better.

You would always laugh, and call me a creep, but it was true.

I would always leave the lights on for you, and this night was no exception.

I watch as you climb under the covers, resting your soft cheek on the low pillow underneath and let your eyelids flutter closed. I sit on the chair beside your bed, resting my chin on my arms that laid on the backing of the chair.

You deliver one last yawn before your breathing becomes softer and softer, until it’s barely audible, and then I know you’re in a sweet state.

I don’t know how someone can look so perfect when they sleep. With your soft brown hair that rests just above your eyes, and those plump lips that are slit partly. Watching you always makes me smile, and I don’t hold back this time. Slowly reaching over, I want to caress that soft cheek of yours, but I stop, and decide to let you sleep in peace tonight.

Slowly rising from the chair, I take my quiet exit, leaving the light open as I close the door behind me.

 

     You were always a bookworm.

“What book is that?” I ask while peering down at the cover. Sadly, your fingers were blocking the title. But I shake away the negative. Just seeing you do something you love is enough.

I lean closer to examine the many small pieces of writing on the page, and squint in order to get a better view, “What’s it talking about?” The story seemed very tense, as a lot of dark atmosphere was used, and many exclamations points stood out.

“Why’s the man being so mean to his wife?” I ask, pouting a bit as I read a paragraph. You smile in response and flip to the next page. I quickly start reading, hoping to be in the same state of mind as you are in the book.

 

     After the library, I headed home with you. I did most of the talking, as always. “I can’t believe that poor woman had to go through that! I mean, of course it gave the story more depth and conflict, but that was so mean of the author! Don’t you think?” I look to you, and you remain silent, so I continue, “And how come her mother didn’t do anything about it? Gosh, just thinking about her makes my blood boil…Don’t even get me started on the father! He…” And I rambled on and on.

Pretty soon, we arrived back in the house. I followed you as you hung your jacket before dropping the borrowed books down on the couch in the living room.

I couldn’t help but smile as I saw you pull out our book of memories from the shelf nearby. Hurrying over to the couch, I sat next to you as you flipped open the book, revealing the wonderful pictures that were taken back then. I remembered every single one of them, right down to the last photo we took together: We were sharing one set of headphones, and posing goofily on front of the camera, taking random snapshots. Many were blurry, but you kept them anyway.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. You stood up from the couch and rushed to answer the door. I turned my body back to look, wondering why you were acting in such a hurry.

When you opened the door, there stood a tall looking man with messy black hair, and he was smiling down at you. I watched as you two hugged, and you leaning up to place soft kisses on his cheek.

Oh…

A smile spread across my face. A wide, sincere eye-smile that I learned from you.

I continued to watch as you went back to the couch to retrieve your stuff, stuffing your keys and wallet in your pocket. I saw your eyes travel to the memory book.

“You don’t have to take it.” I assure you, but you take it anyway, and tuck it beneath your armpit before going back to the man and locking arms with him.

I watched as he headed out the door first, gently holding onto your hand. My smile still lingers, and as you look back at me, giving one last smile and closing the door.

But I’m not upset.

Because knowing that you’ve finally moved on.

That you’re not going to be alone anymore.

That makes me happy.

 

 


 

On a scale of 1-10, how surprised are you? I guess if you watched the MV already then you wouldn’t be all that surprised but oh well.

I hope you don’t mind me squeezing in my ninja!OTP at the end. I think all of you can guess who Jinki’s “new” boyfriend is, and hopefully don’t get offended that Ontae didn’t exactly end up together. Anyways, I won’t ramble on for too long, sorry that this oneshot is quite short (still kinda on writer’s block) but I hope it was worth reading.

Leave your comments, questions, rants down below and maybe I’ll reply to some of them. See ya

-AngelicJoker