Amazing

Remembered, Yet Forgotten

 

We’re strangers anyways. But I still can’t forget.
No matter how much I try to forget and forget, there’s only you.
You're not coming back to me. I can't see you again.

Drop. Tears fall. This is what it's like, you not being here.
- INFINITE, "Amazing"

 

Each channel passed with a blur as your mind started to drift elsewhere. Suddenly, you stumbled upon that one voice, snapping you out of your thoughts. The voice that seemed to always catch your attention, whether you liked it or not. You shook your head and wanted to ignore it, but your body just wouldn't listen, your thumb hovering over the button on the TV remote.

"-ah, I see. So let's move on... Hoya? I heard you had a girlfriend in the past," the MC stated with a sing-song voice that instantly pissed you off. You scoffed and turned your attention to the group being interviewed, and of course, it was none other than INFINITE.

But your eyes had stuck to Hoya, and after hearing what the interviewer brought up as the topic, you couldn't help but listen.

Hoya nodded his head, giving an open-mouthed smile that showed off his canine teeth. "Ah~ Yes, I did."

You bit your lip and set down the remote at your side. You knew you were going to regret listening to this, but you were too curious.

"Do you miss her?" the MC asked.

Hoya thought for a moment. "I... don't know... do I?"

You felt a pang in your heart as the MC and the other INFINITE members chuckled lightly to Hoya's response.

"Aigo~ What a cold-hearted man!" the MC joked and Hoya forced out a small laugh.

"Ah, no, I just... I liked her, really, I did. She was very kind and considerate towards me. She really treated me well. It's just... I never really thought about her much anymore."

"Yah~ This boy is so mean~!" the MC joked again. "What happened exactly?"

"I... well, when I found out that I passed my audition at Woolim, I knew that I finally had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live my dream. And it was then that I immediately decided to break up with her. But, the thing is, now that I look back on it, I realized that I just did it without giving any thought. My feelings of living my dream just... took over, I guess. To put it simply, I really don't know. I do feel bad that I forgot her after all these years..." he paused and let out an embarrassed laugh, "and even more that I actually forgot what her name was and what she looked like exactly."

You felt another painful stab in your heart, clenching your fists as your tears threatened to fall from your eyes.

"You don't even remember her name?!" the MC yelled in shock and laughed it off, while the other members had a shocked expression but only chuckled at Hoya also.

"Oh my~ I see," the MC's laughter died down and he nodded his head. "Then let me ask this. Do you regret leaving her?"

You stared at Hoya through the TV screen as he was deep in thought. After a while, he finally started. "I do, actually. But... I... really wanted to go towards my dream. Surely... hopefully she understood my reason for leaving."

I did understand, you pabo. I understood your dreams more than anyone else.

"But... I just don't have time for that kind of stuff anymore, you know? Besides, the past is the past. I'm living my dream now with these 6 beside me." Hoya let out a breath and a small smile. "And she's probably forgotten about me anyways."

Like how you've forgotten about me.

"It's been a long time, so surely she's already found someone new who'll be with her longer than I have. But, for now, I've chosen to just forget about it and focus on my career."

Is this what the idol life did to you, Hoya?

"I really hope she's happier now." He finished with a half-smile and tiny nod of his head.

You quickly shut the TV off and brought your knees to your chest.

I've never forgotten about you. Memories of us; I have to admit, I really miss them.

I miss you.

Lee Howon, you were my one and only.

But... was all of this worth it?

Were my tears worth it whenever I pathetically cried over you? When you broke up with me without a single thought, even though I still loved you? Do you really regret leaving me, Hoya? You seem now as if our relationship was nothing. Was... was that our relationship to you? Was it really nothing?

Was all of this pain worth loving you after all these years, when you were the one who said that you decided to forget about me and can't so much as remember my damn name?!

~ ♥ ~

You opened your eyes, harshly adjusting to the bright light of the living room. Realizing you had fallen asleep, you slowly sat up and rubbed your eyes. The back of your hand felt something wet against your cheeks, and you wiped it away quickly realizing they were tears.

"Crying myself to sleep again because of you. How cliché." You scoffed and shot up off the couch, shaking your head. You looked to the clock hanging on the wall and then to the window, the sun in the middle of the sky, finding that you only had fallen asleep for a few hours. You let out a big, tired sigh, looking around the little apartment before trudging your way to the comfort of your bedroom. After deciding that you were too tired (perhaps just too lazy) to do anything productive today on your day-off from work, you lied down on your bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Why do I always think about you everyday? You rested your arm on your forehead.

Oh right, because my stupid heart still loves you, you giant idiot.

You buried your face in a pillow and let out a groan. Stupid conflicting emotions.

~ ♥ ~

You had gotten this little apartment after you graduated, thinking that you could forget it all by moving away from Busan to Seoul. Maybe the hustle and bustle of the city would take your mind off things.

But what the hell were you thinking moving to Seoul? You knew Hoya was somewhere in this city... is that the reason that brought you here?

And you did know that Hoya was in INFINITE (not that you were being a stalker or anything of the sort, but the commercials, TV interviews, music videos, and online updates seemed pretty obvious), so you had found out of their dorm's location, which was in Mangwon-dong. You decided to move to a little apartment away from the area, so you moved to Cheongdam-dong which is about an hour away.

But oh sure, why the hell not; they just had to move into a nearby building a few days ago for their new dorm here in Cheongdam.

What. A. Coincidence.

 

A/N: And I present chapter one. This is all over the place, I know, but it's only the beginning.  Sort of a preview or whatever I guess. But, gasp! So what will happen now that INFINITE has moved near your apartment?