The New Student

The Demon Inside

            Clutching his head as if he was in pain, Kyuhyun lay on the floor stuck in a horrifying delusion. He may have been lying on the floor of his bedroom, but that’s not what he saw. Darkness, never ending darkness clouded his vision as the demon possessing his body began to torture him. “You useless host… You have failed your mission! You must now face your punishment!!!” It screamed in his mind. “No… I’m sorry! Please! You can’t!” he muttered under his breath. “You think I will listen to a pathetic mortal like you? Think again you fool!” It yelled once again. A blood curdling scream erupted from the young teen as he felt a knife cutting into his stomach. Tears formed on the corners of his eyes and began to flow freely, “Please… stop it…”

            He slowly began to lose his consciousness as more cuts were distributed to his already abused body. “Oh? My useless host is losing consciousness? We can’t have that~” The demon mused to himself. After hearing those words Kyuhyun’s eyes widened. He knew exactly what was coming next. The feeling of coldness erupted all throughout his body. It started from the core of his body growing and growing till he couldn’t stand it anymore. A white flash passed through his eyes before he passed out.

            “Oh… How disappointing…” the demon said before leaving, for now that is…

            The sound of his sister’s worried voice woke him up. He was on his lying on his bed with his injuries wrapped in bandages. The demon may have been in his mind, but the injuries he got were physical and very real. Ahra didn’t realize that a demon was giving him the injuries she just thought that he was being bullied. “Cho Kyuhyun did you get bullied again?” He sheepishly scratched his head and nodded.

            “I swear… You’re a strong boy! You should fight back!”

            “But Ahra!” He protested.

            “No buts! Now go and get ready for school!”

            Kyuhyun sighed in resignation and stalked off to get ready. He took a quick shower and the warm water stung his injuries. He turned the nob and the cool water felt better on his skin. He got out dried his hair and pulled on a shirt and some pants. Shaking his head, he walked down the stairs for a quick breakfast. After he was done he went over to where his bag was laying on the floor. He slung it over his shoulder and yelled out a quick, “I’m leaving!” to his sister.

            He hopped onto his bike and rode off. His mind was filled with dread, unbearable dread. He didn’t want to face him at all. Nor did he want to explain all these injuries to his friends. Getting of his bike, he walked through the gates and went to his first class, English.

            Kyuhyun was greeted by an overenthusiastic hug given to him by an overenthusiastic monkey. He winced then scowled. “Yah! Hyukjae get off of me!” he scolded the older male.

            “Where’s that hyung you disrespectful dongsaeng!

            “Hmph. With the way you’re acting I’m still not calling you my hyung.”

            “Hey…,” Hyukjae noticed something weird about the younger boy’s response to his hug. “Were you bullied again?”

            Kyuhyun turned away and mumbled something incoherent.

            “You were weren’t you? Aish… How many times have I told you to defend yourself? Don’t you learn anything from those videogames you keep playing?” he almost yelled.

            The class bell signaled the end of their conversation and Hyukjae gave him the look saying, ‘This isn’t over. I’m going to find out what’s really going on later…’

            He smirked and then went to his seat. If only he knew… Resting his elbow on his desk and leaning his head angainst his palm, he watched as a new student was introduced into his class. He was tall and handsome. He took a quick sweep around the room and saw that the girls had already fallen for this new student of theirs. “Hello everybody, my name is Choi Siwon,” he introduced himself and then bowed. The teacher nodded his head and then told him, “How about you go sit next to Kyuhyun-ssi over there. Kyuhyun raise your hand!”

            The brunette raised his hand lazily and then put it back down once again as the man sat down. Something felt different though… Something was different about this boy and the demon inside him didn’t like it.

            ‘Who is this boy? I demand to know who he is!” It screeched in his head.

            "How am I supposed to know? I only met him today," he whispered as quietly as he could. The bad thing about having to respond to a demon was that he couldn't respond mentally.

"Then find out you imbecile!"

"I don't want to."

"YOU WILL FIND OUT!!"

"No," he whispered harshly.

            That was the last straw for the already angered demon. "You will regret this decision of yours to defy me foolish mortal," it hissed in his mind before a burning feeling slowly overcame his body. He shut his mouth tight to prevent himself from crying out in pain. Sweat slowly started to drip down his face as he scrunched his face up and clenched his teeth. The feeling of lava being poured all over his body was the feeling he was experiencing right now. He lowered his head down onto his desk and vered his head with his arms. Making it look like as if he were asleep.

            Siwon stared at the boy next to him. While others would probably think he had just fallen asleep, he saw otherwise. His eyes widened at the sight he saw. A huge demon was floating above his body. It was in the shape... of a woman. She had curly brown hair, big, kind brown eyes, pale skin, a kind face, but with black demon wings sprouting out of her back. Though the image was all wrong. Her face was flickering, distorted. It switched from that kind face to a pure black one with blowing red eyes and sharp teeth. In her hands she held a bucket and out of it lava was pouring out onto the boy below.

            She turned to face Siwon. "Oh? It seems that you can see me... No wonder the demon possessing this boy is so interested in you," she commented. He looked back down at... what was his name? Kyuhyun? He looked back down at Kyuhyun and saw a dark aura surrounding him. It took the form of another demon, but this one was male. It had the exact same look as him. The same brown hair, the same eyes, the same pale skin, but this one had wings and pitch black eyes as well. He also looked older. He looked like he could have been Kyuhyun's father, just younger.

            He scowled and then mumbled something under his breath, "Go away..." The female demon looked curiously at him and said, "What did you say boy?"

 "I said go away," he said a tiny bit louder. This time his fingers latched onto the small cross he had been carrying in his right pocket.

The demon narrowed her eyes and scowled, "Don't you dare use that on me boy... You win for now."

            She left and he watched as Kyuhyun's tense body loosened up. To his horror he realized that the boy had lost consciousness and was now currently falling onto the floor.

Phewwww.... I finished. Sorry guys! I had to fly over to my grandparents and cousins and I didn't have time to access the computer. Sorry it's late! And I'm going to change the foreword too because I just realized that I had begun typing the story itself in school and I forgot who was who when I typed the foreword at home. Mianhe!!!

Anyways. Kyu's best friend was supposed to be Hyukjae and I accidentally typed in Sungmin. So sorry! But Sungmin will be making an apperance too. He'll also be Kyuhyun's friend too. I'm confusing aren't I? OTL so um yeah. Cliffy I guess? ehehehe. Um um um um oh yeah my authors notes will always be in this color blue ok? so yeah Bye! I'll see you next chapter! Also, is there anywhere where I can get one of those cool banners for my story? I at making them... and um... yeah that's all for now! Bye!!!!

~Kyo