FRIENDSHIP OR LOVE??

FRIENDZONE

 

I was standing in front of my apartment’s door. Suddenly someone hug me from back. Shoot!! Did a ert guy just hug me?? I try to use all my strength to stop this stupid ert guy. It’s not a problem to me since I’m a black belt holder in Taekwondo and he mess with a wrong girl! Well, I practically lie about the black belt thingy. I actually don’t have any of ‘em. I wanna turn and give him a punch when he suddenly rest his chin on my shoulder and even hug me tighter. Now I can’t even move, I’m too scared. But wait!! This scent.. It similar to Jiyoung’s scent. I remember I give him this perfume for his last birthday.

“Jiyoung .. Is that you? Please tell me you’re Jiyoung”, I said and started to cry. I don’t know why I cry. I lie again. I’m actually too scared, just imagine if this guy is not Jiyoung. It’s not that a ert can’t buy any similar perfume . Praying hard, God safe me.

“Hmm.. Aniyo, I’m not Jiyoung. I’m your oppa”, I heard he said. What the hell, he is Jiyoung. I could tell by his voice. And I can feel that he smiling right now thinking of how stupid I am to think that he is some random ert guy. Then, I just let him hug me. That husky voice, that scent.. He is Jiyoung.. He is my Kwon Jiyoung.. The guy that I love the most.. He is my first love and the first guy that melt my heart with his smile. The fact that he hug me right now, how I wish we can stay in this position forever. But I have to come back to reality, he only take me as his best friend not his girlfriend . You have to wake up Yunee!!  I remind myself. Then, he let go of his hand from me and turn me to face him. How I miss this face so much.. How I wish I can touch his cheek.. his nose.. his lips.. Arghhh, so many wishes. Without me knowing it my tears fallin on my cheek. This time it wasn’t because I scared but more like because I’m hurting inside.

“Hey, why are you crying?”, he said while wiping my tears with his cold finger. “I’m not some random ert guy okay, see.. I’m Jiyoung”, he said and hug me again.

“Hahahah, I know oppa, you’re Jiyoung the ert guy”, I to stop my tears.

“Yah!! Pabo yah!! What did you just call me?”, he said and knock my head.

“Hhahaha I know you heard me”, I laugh and show my tongue to him. He just smile and look away. “Oppa, what happen? Do you have problem? You know you can always tell me right. Maybe I can help you.” I said curious. He seems different tonight.

“Yunee-ah, I fall in love with one girl but I’m scared to say it. It seems like that girl don’t have any feeling towards me.” That is what I heard from him. I look at him and how sad his reaction right now. To be honest, that words killing me softly. So finally he fell in love? And that girl is obviously not me. I don’t know what to say, I feel like crying but I gotta be strong. Don’t cry Yunee.. Don’t let him see your condition..

“Oppa.. It’s worth it to try and confess your feeling to her,” I can’t believe it that I manage to say that to him. “Have you confess to her yet?” I ask him again.

“No.. I’m too scared that she’s going to leave me after that. I’m scared that our friendship will end after that.” He said again and smile. This time his smile look bitter.

“Oppa, listen to me,” I said. “You’re a great person I’ve ever know. You’re beautiful inside and outside. And who the hell will say no to you? You’re one of a kind. So, be confident and say what you feel to her. There is no harm to try okay. And I’m sure what you think just now won’t happen, be positive,” I added and try to smile. I look down, I didn’t dare to look at his face at this moment. Then I can feel his hand lifting my face.

“You’ve tried it before and you failed. I broke your heart, I said no to you”, he said while looking straight to my eyes.

“Oppa.. That was a different thing. I was your best friend and I’m so stupid to confess my love to you. But what is past is past. Please don’t talk bout it anymore will you..” I said. It was a bitter memory that I don’t want to remember at all.

*Flashback*

“Jiyoung oppa!” I shout at him from back. He was reaching for something from the kitchen’s cabinet  using a chair when he suddenly lost his balance and the last thing I remember is I suddenly feel something soft on my lips. I try to open my eyes and I just realize that ‘something soft’ is actually Jiyoung’s lips. He practically fell on me. OMO!! I accidentally kiss him?? . We then broke our so-called-accident-kiss. He look shock  and I try to wake up but.. Jiyoung.. He refuse to do the same.. In fact, he hold my hand and kiss me again. I was like what the hell just happened?  Did he know already? That all this while I actually love him more than a best friend?

I couldn’t move. On the other way, I actually want it too. I want him to kiss me, and that is the reason why I can’t hardly refuse to his kiss. He then deepened our kiss, hoping for me to do the same. I don’t know how to react. I mean, I love him but I still confuse whether this is real? But I couldn’t take it anymore. That is when our kiss turn into more passionate one. I swear we could go further but honestly I can’t go on. This is so wrong, completely wrong. I push him and we broke apart our kiss.

“I’m sorry..” He said to me stuttering. “I didn’t mean to.. I’m sorry” he added and I can tell that he feel guilty right now.

“I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t.. err.. I shouldn’t kiss you back.” Honestly, I don’t freaking know what to say. But I’m totally sure right now that I should tell him what I feel. “Jiyoung oppa.. I have something to tell you” I said. I have to be brave and confess to him. Yes I should!! “Actually, I … errr.. I… I Love You”, I don’t know how I got the courage to say those three words though.

“Yunee-ah…” I can tell that he lost his word right now. “If it was because of the kiss.. Yunee-ah, I’m sorry. It would never happen again.”

“Oppa.. it’s not just because of the kiss..” I said to him.

“But.. I don’t feel the same thing sorry.. Just now was my mistake, I can’t control myself. Sorry I have to say like this but I don’t love you.” He said again. I swear it hurt so much when he said like that. I almost cry but I don’t want him to see my fragile side so I hold it back. And I don’t want things get awkward between us as I’m scared to lose him at the same time.

“Oppa.. I understand.. So don’t worry.. I will forget my feeling towards you. But don’t let this ruin our friendship ne.” I force a smile. “Let’s forget what happen.. Let’s stay like this forever okay. We’re still best friend right??” I added and hold his hand.

“Yunee-ah..” He look at me in confuse.

“Aigoo oppa!! Just promise okay!!” I don’t to pressure him with my feeling anymore.

“Ne..” That is what he said to me.

*End of Flashback*

And until today we're still best friend and nothing can change that fact. When I’m still walking with my memory, he said something.

“So will you help me?” He said while looking at his shoe. “Help me to confess my feeling to her.” He added and smile. No doubt.. I’m super hurt right now. But I gotta help him though.

“Okay, how can I help you then?” I ask him. He smile and omo I kinda know what he’s up to. “Aigoo, don’t tell me you’re thinking what I’m thinking right now.” I’m sure that is what he want me to do now.

“Oh come on!! You promise to help me already!! Pretend to be her and help me practise with my love confession. Pweatty pweatty pweassee” He said while give me his puppy eyes.

“Urghhh.. Stop using your puppy eyes. I love Gaho’s eyes more than yours.” I . At least it help me to forget how pain is my heart now. “ Okay fast, I’m waiting” I said.

“Yah Yunee-ah!! How can I practise in this cold weather!! I almost freeze!! Let me go inside and practise after you make me a cup of hot chocolate.” He said. I almost forgot that from just now we only stand in front of my apartment

“Aigoo, that is your own fault. Who ask you to back hug me just now. Okay come in fast!!” I said while unlocking the door. “You can go straight to my room and take your hoodies that you left it last time. It can help you to ease the coldness. I’ll bring your hot chocolate later.” I tell him. I go straight to the kitchen and make two cup of hot chocolate as he wish.

I go inside my room and see him standing at one point ..shirtless Did I tell you guys already? Yeah I saw him shirtless.  “Yah pabo!!! Where is your shirt? Put some clothes on you will ya?!!” I scream to him.

“Aigoo, don’t shout will you. I can’t find my hoodies.” I heard he said. “Calm down, it’s not like I’m goin to do something on you. Unless you want to,” I can see he smirk at me.

“Pfft yeah right!! Now hold this let me find it for you.” I said and ask him to hold the hot chocolate. Trying to hide my nervousness. “Here your hoodies, put it on you faster!!”

He give me the cups and heading to the bathroom It’s kinda funny. He can just wear it on the spot but he go to  the bathroom just because he saw how panic I am just now seeing him shirtless like that. He then come out after a few minutes. I let he drink his favourite hot chocolate, I can see he smile like a kid now. How childish..

“Faster let’s begin our practise so you can go home fast!! It’s kinda late already!” I practically said it so that he didn’t see how fragile I am in front of him.

“Haisshh, you won’t let me drink in peace won’t ya?”That is what came out from him.

“No!!” I said and give him my so-called-innocent look. “Okay let me give you some tips. First you needa look straight to her eyes when you confess.” He then stop what he did just now and start to focus on me. “Second, you needa be sincere about what you said, don’t give her cheesy, corny or whatsoever words just to impress her. The most important things is tell her what you actually feel bout her deep inside.” I added. I can see that he nervous right now. So I said again “ Nervous is cool, but don’t let it control you okay.”

“If I already said what I gotta say. Would it be okay if I kiss her?” Finally he said something. Then I give him are-you-serious-look. Out of so many questions, I never expected that he will ask me that question though.

“Boys are always boys.. aigoo..” I said. “Well it’s depend on her answer. If she love you back, a kiss won’t harm her. If she didn’t feel the same, you can kiss her too but you’ll get two things from her. A slap and another slap. Hahahah” I added and laugh.

“How if she didn’t say a word? How if she stay in silent?” He ask again. This time he look serious. “Can I still kiss her?”

“Yah oppa!! Are you a ert???!! Haishh, maybe you can lean a lil bit and see whether she want it too or not.. I don’t know.. What? You think I’m a ert like you. And I don’t know why I said this to you. Haishh ..” I scold him.

“What? I’m just curious since girl are unpredictable.” He said to me.

“Whatever. Well, I wanna go to the bathroom. Practise what I told you and I’ll be right back.” I tell him. Aigoo  I don’t know how I manage to give him those tips. I’m so screwed up. I wash my hand and come out from the bathroom. “Yah!! Oppa!! Have you practise all of ‘em already??” I ask him. But no one seems to reply me and he’s not here. Then I spot him standing at the balcony of my room. He look miserable. “Oppa!! Come in, its cold there!!” I call him. He didn’t move at all. I can see him shivering and freezing. Then I go to the balcony and pull his hand “Oppa!!! Don’t be like this, it’s cold. Come inside. Everything gonna be..” I try to tell him when he suddenly hug me.

“Oppa…” I don’t know what happen. I try to push him this time. But he hug me even tighter.

“I’m sorry.. I’m sorry for everything” That’s the only thing I heard from him.

“Jiyoung oppa!! Let’s stop this ne!! And its kinda late, maybe you should go n..” I said when he cut me.

“Aniyo, I don’t wanna go. I’ve got something to tell you. But for now let me hug you for a while please”. I can feel his breath on my neck.

I turn my body to face him. I see his teary eyes and it make my heart ache. “Oppa, why are you doing this? You’ve done nothing wrong to me for you to say sorry. Let’s end this and go back home. You have a big day tomorrow, you need to prepare for your confession.” I said to ease him.

“I don’t have to prepare anything. I just wanna be with you” He said again. Then he lean and try to kiss me when I suddenly slap him.

“Jiyoung oppa!! What are you thinking you’re doing right now?!!”. I don’t mean to slap him but I just have to. He’s gone too far this time. “I thought we’re best friend but I never know that you treat me like a that you can kiss ‘em whenever you like.” That’s it, I can’t hold my anger this time. As much as I hate to say this, I’m confuse, mad and I don’t practically think what I said. “Just now you’re talking about how you going to confess to that girl and how you afraid to lose her. Now what?! Jiyoung-shii You shouldn’t do it to someone you didn’t love. Don’t play with other’s feeling. You should’ve  j….”

“But I love you,” I swear I hear him saying it.

“What???!! What did you just said??” I said curious.

“I love you.. I love you and I love you… I wanna kiss you because I love you. Can’t you tell?” He finally said it.

“But you.. you.. Ohh, I know. You’re just practising what I told you rite. This is just a joke rite. Aigoo, I almost fall for it.. hahah” I try to laugh. I still can’t believe what he said.

“Do I look like I’m joking rite now Yunee-shii??” He said. Well, to be honest he look serious rite now and I never see him like this before.

“But.. But… last time when I tell you I love you.. you said you didn’t feel the same way. How.. now…” I lost my word.

“I’m sorry.. Truly sorry , back then I said that because.. because I thought you’re joking. Plus you only say that after we accidentally kiss and my mind can’t really work that time. And I was so busy with my schedule, my album and everything. I’m scared that I don’t have time for you. I’m scared that being with you will harm you. But after that incident, I finally realize that I really love you and I don’t want to be just  a bestfriend.  I wanna tell you but thinking how I broke your heart back then.. I’m scared.. I’m scared to lose you..” He blurt out everything.

“And how about that girl you told me? You said you love her?” I ask him again

“Are you stupid or what?” he said

“Did you just call me stupid?” I half mad

“Yeah I did because you are. That girl is you Pabo!! All this time I’m talkin bout you!” he said while knocking my head. I still can’t believe this. Am I daydreaming? But wait, it’s night right now so maybe this is nightdreaming? LOL I think I am stupid right now.

“So Yunee-shii.. Do you love me back??” He said while looking straight to my eyes. “I’m not going to say any cheesy, corny things to you. I just love you.” Did he just confess his love to me? And the funny thing is, he kinda follow my tips. I can’t help but smile. “So that smile means you love me back?” He ask and try to lean when I cut him.

“Yah ert mind!! Stay away from me. Who said I love you back?” I try to .

“Well, you just said it baby..” He smirk at me and try to lean in. I try to stop him. I just realize that he is so dangerous.. Aigoo..

“Aniyo!! Yah!! Remember when I said you’ll get two things if you kiss a girl when she already said she didn’t love you back. You’ll get those two.” I kinda warn him.

“Haisshh, yeah I almost forgot bout that.” He said and let me go slowly. I’m glad he listen to me. “But you know what Yunee-ah?” He ask me.

“What??” I ask him back.

“I don’t mind to get those two things if I can have this..” He added. I turn and…. He kiss me. Yeah he finally kiss me. How I wish I can slap him right now but.. This time.. I just can’t.. I just lost in his kiss and it’s turn passionate as we can’t hold back our feeling anymore. “Jiyoung-oppa.. I love you,” I said to him. “I love you more” I heard his husky voice whisper on my ear. And we kiss again.

                                                                            *THE END*