Chapter 14

A May-December Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the success of the second date - he had managed to hold Amber's hand even though again, she declined his offer to send her home, Sehun had high hopes. He was in the swing of things for the next few days, whistling constantly, even in a quiet study hall until D.O. threatened to wring his neck. The young man was confident of a hat trick and swiftly followed up with the last date request before he lost momentum.

Only to be derailed by the woman’s one-sentence text message reply - I need to take a raincheck, am really busy at work.

He understood of course, Amber Liu wasn't any university fangirl who had all the time to hang around him. She was a full-fledged working member of the public. So Sehun didn’t think twice about this - perhaps with the extra time, he could come up with a better ideas for a date - until that Thursday.

The barista was at his usual spot behind the coffee machine. Fully immersed his tasks, he shrugged away the squeals that his female co-workers let out, out of sudden. A deep, melodic voice rang out to penetrate through his haze of concentration and this was followed by another squeal behind him. The handsome - yes, even Sehun was not oblivious to his good looks - stranger stood before him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your order. Could you repeat it again?” Sehun said, realising that this man was probably the reason for his co-workers acting out.

“An ice latte and a cappuccino please. I’m having them here,” said the man with a disarming smile. Even though Sehun’s back was towards the waitresses, he could sense they were swooning away.

Nodding to acknowledge that he heard it the second time round, Sehun got to work. The lady boss it seemed also noticed the unfamiliar face and had made a beeline for him.

“I’ve heard great things about the coffee here,” This individual overflowed with charm so easily and naturally, that was it difficult not to be impressed, even though it wasn’t directed to Sehun. “My friend works in this building.”

Soo Young too displayed her own winsome grin and personally received the beverages the barista made. Sehun didn’t pay anymore attention to the good-looking man until minutes later.

When Amber came in to the coffee shop.

His radar homed onto the woman, she had yet again been a no-show earlier this week however, Sehun was riding on confidence and didn’t think twice about it. This high took a nose dive when she walked to her usual table. Where the same man had parked himself at.

Initially, Sehun had thought she had gone to say hello to Soo Young who was still engrossed in making conversation with the man. However, Amber didn’t move off when the coffee shop owner floated back to the counter sheepishly. Instead, she settled herself right across the man and they started to touch hands.

The scene unfolded before him like Amber and the other man were part of a movie. He could only take everything in from where he was. The two of them spoke familiarly as though they had known each other for ages and he continued to hold her hand as though it was the most normal thing to do. Who was this man, Sehun thought furiously as his fists unconsciously clenched.

The bell from the kitchen rang. Before one of the waitresses could retrieve the plate of toasted bagel with smoked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter