Chapter 25: Surprise

Girls Over Flowers

Chapter 25: Surprise


 

    “Chaerin,” he said, taking her hands from his face. “I told you, I can’t do that.”

    “Wae?” she pouted.

    “I promised your father-”she put her finger to his lips.

    “He said you couldn’t me, he didn’t say anything about dating me.” she said, leaning forward and pressed her lips to his. Her heart began to beat faster, she felt a sudden fever come over her. He wrapped his arms around her, deepening the kiss. He pulled away from her and brushed her blonde locks out of her face. She smiled at him.

    “Chaerin, your father will kill me if he finds out about this, you know that right?” she giggled.

    “If,” she said. “If he finds out. You’d be surprised to know just how much he doesn’t know about me.” He smiled as he thought back to her innocent behavior in front of her father that night. He brought her closer and pulled her in for another kiss.

    “Well, if you insist. I suppose it couldn’t hurt.” he said. She smiled back at him.

    Yuna smiled at Minki.

    “Look, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. It was my decision to honor my parents wishes. I know what I’m getting into.” He laughed.

    “Do you love him?” he asked. Yuna grimaced.

    “It’s not about love. It’s business. That’s how our lives are. Hee Sun knows, she’s just stubborn. Eventually Chaerin and Ga In, will go through this too. I know it doesn’t make sense now, but we are from two separate worlds. I wouldn’t expect you to understand.” she said.

    “That wasn’t the answer to my question. Do. You. Love. Him?” he asked again.

    “It doesn’t matter!” she said, standing up.

    “It does!” he shot back. “You are going to spend the rest of your life with this man! Possibly have kids, and you say love doesn’t matter? What about you being happy?” Minki asked. She sighed in exasperation.

    “It. Doesn’t. Matter. It’s business. My happiness doesn’t matter, and I can accept that. Maybe you guys can’t, but i can.”

    “Maybe I want to see you happy! Maybe I-” he stopped. “Maybe I-I-I... Perhaps, I want to be the one to make you happy.” Yuna’s face turned bright red.

    “Minki,” she said, reaching out for him. He shook his head.

    “Never mind. I hope you're happy with him.” He rushed past her, fleeing the room; leaving her confused and alone.

    Hong Jun shook his head.

    “Stop Ga In.” she wrapped her arms around his neck.

    “Why? Aren’t I pretty, oppa?” she asked, batting her eyelashes.

    “Don’t play that game with me, Ga In. I’m not like that.”he said. She cocked her head.

    “What game?” she asked.

    “I know this comes as a surprise to you, but I actually don’t sleep around. I’m not out banging every girl that bats her eyelashes at me. I don’t do that. I’ve never done that.” She raised an eyebrow.

    “So...wait. Does that mean you’re a...?” she asked.

    “Wha-wha-What?” he asked. He rolled his eyes and shook his head at her. “What’s it to you whether I’m a or not? I said I’m not like that. Excuse me for having morals.”

    “I want it.” she said.

    “Want what?” he asked.

    “Your V-card.” she said. He blushed.

    “Look, I decided to be this way for a reason. I want to be with someone I love. Not some one night stand where I’m forget the girl’s name the next morning.” she smiled.

    “Aaw, that’s sweet. You’re so romantic! Kinda makes me want you even more.” He rolled his eyes. She obviously wasn’t getting the point.

    Jaejoong paced back and forth. His parents were flying into Japan. They said there was something important they needed to discuss with him.

    He thought back to the incident at the bar. Did they find out? What was going to happen? They said that Junsu would be with them as well. He ran his fingers through his hair. He hadn’t seen Junsu since he had become the heir to the company. He had run off somewhere, without so much as a word, or even a letter. No email, no call, nothing.

    There came a knock at his hotel door. He went over and answered it. It was one of his bodyguards.

    “Your parents are waiting for you, sir.” he said. Jaejoong nodded.

    “I’ll be right there.” he went to fetch his coat and took a deep breath. He stepped out of his hotel room, and hoped for the best.

    “He finally arrived at the office. His stomach turned somersaults as he rode the elevator to the top floor. He stepped out, and headed towards the office.

    His parents sat at the head of the table, his brother at the other end. He took his seat next to Junsu.

    “Well, I think you know why we’re here, Jaejoong.” his father tossed him a newspaper. The front page contained a picture of him and Taeyeon outside the bar. He saw Hyorin’s shoulder, but it seemed that she had been photo-shopped out of the picture.

    “The media is in a frenzy. Everyone says that you’re cheating on your fiance with this...baker.” His father shook his head.

“Do you have an explanation for this, Jaejoong?” his mother asked.

    “Look, Taeyeon and I are just friends. We didn’t do anything like that. It was actually a misunderstanding.” he explained.

    “Misunderstanding or not, it upset her mother so much that she called off the engagement.” Jaejoong and Junsu’s eyes widened. Junsu spoke up.

    “Appa, Oma, I understand the seriousness of the situation and all, but what does this have to do with me?” he asked. His mother smiled at him.

    “Well, she wondered if we had any reliable sons,” she looked over at Jaejoong, who hung his head. “and we suggested you. So you are her fiance now.”

    “What?” both the boys looked at each other in shock.

    “Yes, and don’t disappoint us, Junsu. We’re counting on you. You, on the other hand,” he turned to Jaejoong. “You are going to make things right.”

    “Well, how am I to do that, Father?” he asked.

    “You defamed the poor woman as a harlot by making the media think that you were dating her. We’ve spoken with her parents, and it’s been decided that you shall marry her instead.” Jaejoong’s jaw dropped. Junsu looked from his parents to his brother. He couldn’t believe what was happening.

    Taeyeon’s phone rang as she exited the bathroom. She ran over to pick it up, tripping over her towel. Hyorin giggled.

    “Yoboseyo?” she said. She listened intently as the person on the other line began talking. Her face began contorting into a confused expression. A few minutes later, she hung up, and sat on the chair next to the desk.

    “What is it?” asked Hyorin worriedly. Taeyeon looked up at her.

    “That was my mother, I’m getting married.”


END OF CHAPTER 25