Smile for me....

Cold hearted

(Yoseob's POV)

"YangYo!~~" Kikwang said as he ran up to greet me. We did our secret handshake.

"Hey!~~" I said. We walked through the hallway. All the girls were smiling at me. I smiled back. I love it when people smile. It brightens up my world. I'm not a player or anything like that. Heck...Ive never even had a girlfriend. Ive had many chances but...those girls were not for me.

"Yoseob oppa..." a girl came up to me and held out a card. I took it and read it. It was another confession.

"Its a nice card. Its really sweet but...mianhe...Im not the one for you. Im sure there is someone out there waiting for you." I said as gently as I could. "Eyyysh!" I scolded, jokingly of course. "Come on! Smile! You look so much prettier when you smile! Smile for oppa, nae?." I gave her some candy from my pocket. I always have some. I have a really big sweet tooth. I also have them because people smile when I give them out. :)

"Komawo oppa" She smiled and went back to her friends.  Kikwang went up to me.

"Another one?" He said. I nodded. "It amazes me how none of these girls get heart broken when you turn them down. You've got to tell me your secret. Every girl I turn down goes all emo the next day" I shook my head.

"Kwangie...Its simple. "SMILE"

"You always say that"

"And I always will"

We continued walking to our class. I sat down at my seat. My seatmate's late again...

"Kim Hana. Late again, I see...Detention after class" The teacher said. This happens on a regular basis. The only reason she wasnt kicked out yet was because she has top grades. Im serious. She's #1 in the whole country. She's about 3 years younger than me. 15 and in senior year. I used to admire her. The thing is....

She ignored the teacher and went to her seat next to me. I smiled and said hello. She ignored me, sat down and slept. The teacher shook her head at the sight. This was a daily routine for us. I'm slowly getting irritated. I just havent confronted her about it yet because every time I get close, she walks away, ignoring me. Ive been trying the whole year I was here.Yes, this is my first and last year in ____high (A/N: You choose which highscool or make up a name :))

"Okay!~~ You guys have a project. A partner project. Im not going to go through all the trouble with all of you complaining who your partner is so you guys will just have to make do with your seat partner" The teacher said. Everyone groaned. I admit...I also didnt want to be partnered up with her. In the other projects we have together she would say she'd meet me at a place then not come, then come back the next day with the project already finished.

"Your project is about getting to know eachother. Since this is your last year, I thought you all should get to know each other more. You guys will be spending winter vacation together. I already informed your parents. I found it amazing that none of you had anything important to do" The teacher chuclked. "You guys HAVE to spend time together. I'll be collecting videos, pictures and confessions by the end of the month. Im not taking any excuses. If you have somewhere important to go to, bring your partner with you. This is final."

I looked at my side and saw Hana scowling. She HAS to spend time with me the rest of the month. And thats 2 and a half weeks.

"That's it for today class. I'll see you all next month!~~" Mrs. Jang said as she rushed to the door when the bell rang. We all peeked to see who she greeted. It was her husband Jang Hyunseung. Our drama club director. They looked really happy when they smiled at eachother. I looked back at Hana. She was just staring at them with no expression.

"I guess that means I dont have detention" she mumbled as she packed her bag and headed out. We have no other classes today since all the other teachers already left for their vacation. I followed her. I had to tell her where we could meet up this week. I lost her but then I heard shouting.

"YOU STUPID B****! FIRST YOU ACT LIKE YOURE ALL THAT AND NOW YOU STEAL MY YOSEOB OPPA FOR THE WHOLE WINTER!?"

"YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE!"

"NO WONDER YOUR PARENTS LEFT YOU!~~" Girls were pushing Hana around and throwing insults at her. One particular girl slapped her. Hana tried to look unaffected. I know she was. Especially with that last comment. I saw a tear run down her cheek but she still tried to look strong. Another girl was going to punch her.

"YAH!!!!!" I said as I ran up to help Hana. I was too late. The girl already delivered her blow. Hana sunk to the floor immediately without even a whimper.

"Yoseob oppa!" one of the girls exclaimed.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING?!" I said. She looked shocked because I never get angry.

"Oppa! She...She's trouble!"

"NO! YOU'RE trouble! Stay away from her." I said firmly as I piggybacked Hana to the infirmary. She had alot of bruises.

"Put me down" Hana said. The infirmary is still far. The school is big...

"I didnt need help. Put me down" She struggled to get of me but I had a firm grip on her legs and Im quite tall (not very) so if she let go she would fall and get hurt. And...she's weak. She may act tough but in the inside...she's as fragile as glass.

We were fighting the whole way to the infirmary. Well...she was. I just smiled. :)

 

"Kamsahamnida!" I said to the nurse when she finished puting a bandaid on Hana. hana just got off the bed and took off.

"Yah! You should've said thank you!" I said when I finally caught up with her. She was a fast walker.

"Thank you"

"Not to me! To her!"

"Next time" I grabbed her wrist. "YAH! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME!?"

I dragged her to a cafe near the school. I sat her down at a table.

"Stay"  I said. I went to order coffee.

"Mind telling me why youre like this?" I asked. She was drinking her mocha.

"Like what?"

"Cold"

"It doesnt concern you"

"It does"

"How?"

"We have to get to know eachother, remember?"

"She never said we had to get to know each other well. Knowing my name is enough for you. And you already know I like mocha. That's more than enough"

"Why dont you smile?"

"I smile"

"No you dont"

"You just dont see me"

"I do see you!"

"All the time?" I sighed. 

"Can we go somewhere more private?" I said

"Why?"

"Please?" I looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Fine...its only because I dont have anything else to do"

"Whatever you say :)"

 

I lead her to my house. It wasnt far away.

"Why are we here?" She said.

"Come in" She looked at me. "Please"

She sat down on the couch. I brought us some water.

"Why are we here?" She repeated.

"Can you smile for me?"

"Mwoh?"

"Smile for me"

"No"

"Why?"

"Youre not someone I should show it too"

"What if I wanted to be that someone?"

"What's your point?!" She was getting irritated with all my questions and favors.

"I have no point"

"Im leaving" I pulled her to the couch and I stood up.

"FINE! You want to know what my point is! Im freaking fed up with all your frowning and coldness and ....EVERYTHING! I want you to notice me! Ive been trying this whole year and all ive got was a freaking thank you! And that was only awhile ago!" She looked at me dumbfounded. I softened up. I dont know where that anger came from. I tried to smile.

"Chua-ae...ani....Saranghae...I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. I used to think to myself that...if I at least wont have your love...I could at least get you to smile for me...I thought that would be enough. It wont be enough. But...it would ease me to see it. I want to know you Hana. I want to be the one that makes you smile and laugh. I want to be yours. Well...Im already yours actually...hehe...*sigh*The question is....will you be mine?"

"I-I-I...Yoseob...Is this true?" This is the first time I've heard her stutter.

"Yes..It is. With all my heart. I love you. Ive loved you for a long time."

"You cant say that. You barely know me"

"Barely...but I still know you....I know how you like to dot your i's with circles instead of dots :) I know that you hate it when someone gets in your business. Which I'm sorry for. I know that youre the biggest sleepyhead ever. I know that you hate pickles because you always throw them out whenever your meal has them. You love marshmallows. You like mocha, obviously. You hate bitter things eventhough you, yourself, are bitter. You smirk everytime you see the teacher make a mistake. That doesnt count as smiling by the way... You dont like attention. You like teddy bears....You-"

"How do you know all of these stuff?"

"Im....your secret admirer...." I said sheepishly.

"Mwoh? I dont have one"

"Havent you noticed all those marshmallow treats and sticky notes in your locker?''

"You put those?" I nodded "How did you know my locker code?!"

"I asked one of the janitors to help me with that...."

"Stalker..."

"Secret admirer" I corrected

"Stalker" She said more sternly

"Secret Admirer!" I said as sternly as she said it. She just drank her water. "Arent you going to answer me?"

"What?"

"My question"

"I know that. What else do you answer? Answers?" She said seriously.This is the first time ive heard her joke "*sigh*I dont know...I barely know you too"

"Then get to know me"

"The other girls wont like that"

"I dont care about them"

"You wont say that when you find out one of them died from suicide because they couldnt have you"

"They're not that insane!"

"Who knows?" She shrugged. She got up "I have to leave...Ive got a job to do"

"Which one?"

"You know about that too?"

"I know almost everything about you"

"Crazy Stalker" She mumbled. She walked out the door.

"Wait! Y-Yah! It's SECRET ADMIRER, TO YOU!~~" I shouted out after her. Then I realized I had something else to say. "WAIT!~~WHAT TIME ARE WE MEETING TOMORROW?!"

"I DONT KNOW! FIND ME!~~" Then she ran out my my sight, laughing. Wait...was I hallucinating? Did she really laugh?

 

*the next day*

I knew exactly where to find her the next day. She was at her usual spot at a cafe drinking her mocha with marshmallows on it.

"Hi!~~" I said

"You really are a stalker"

"Secret Admirer" I corrected. She smiled. Wait...SHE REALLY SMILED!....at me.


 

Ahhhh!~~Was it good? Please comment!~~

KEKEKE...IM A BIG IUSEOB FAN :)

CHECK OUT MY OTHER FICS, PLEASE.

THEY ARE IUSEOB, BTW:3

BACK TO YOU

Lee Jieun Was perfect...well almost. She always did the right thing. She sounds annoying, doesn't she. The thing is...she didn't annoy anyone.they all liked-loved her. Too bad she died...by ACCIDENT. So she goes back!:) Not as herself though... She went back and Decided to keep following her dream... apparently  she's being followed too... by something we all can't escape from. FATE

MEOW-VE YOU

What'll happen when Jieun meets a random cat on the street and takes it home with her?