Make Up After a Fight

I Wanna Make Up Right Now

You emerged from the bathroom and wiped your eyes again, hoping he wouldn’t notice how red they were from crying. You could see him sitting on the couch with the TV on, but the sound was muted. You quietly walked into the kitchen and picked up his phone off the ground and placed it on the table. You hoped it wasn’t broken; you didn’t mean to drop it so hard when you were angry. As you walked into the living room, he looked up a little, but put his head back down and stared at the floor. You walked over to the couch and crawled on to his lap facing him with each of your legs straddling his and put your arms on his shoulders and around his neck. He gently placed his hands on your hips and you looked into each other’s eyes for a couple of seconds before he began to pull you closer and lean in. You tilted your head slightly and met him halfway. Your lips stayed connected with his for what seemed like an eternity, but in reality it only lasted about 4 seconds. You pulled away from each other at the same time and smiled. You stared into his beautiful brown eyes for a couple more seconds, then rested your head on his right shoulder. He brought his arms up higher on your back and hugged you tightly.


“I’m sorry I got mad, Siwon,” you said after a minute. “I just get so insecure. I’ve been screwed over by so many guys in the past, that I always think you’re going to be like one of them. The first months will be great and then suddenly you’ll get bored and stop talking to me and leave like it was nothing; like we were nothing.” You suddenly felt tears rolling down your cheeks again and you tried to wipe them away. “When I saw you had so many texts from girls in your phone, I overreacted and assumed that this was the end already. I automatically thought that you were like all the other guys. I’m sorry.” You lightly kissed his neck and attempted to wipe off any tears that had landed there.

“Babe, look at me,” Siwon said quietly. You brought your head up off of his shoulder and faced him, but you laid your eyes on the bottom of his neck. “Look me in the eyes,” he said and lifted up your chin. You nervously looked up and saw for the first time, the evidence that he had been crying too. “I should be the one apologizing” he started. “I’m sorry I yelled at you. I’m sorry I made you upset. It’s just a misunderstanding. I’m sorry I made you cry.” He started to brush the tears off your cheek. “I never meant to hurt you. And I never want to be one of those guys you had to deal with in the past. I’m different. I’m not going to leave you, okay? No matter what. Do you believe me?”

You smiled a little and nodded. He smiled back and let you lay against his shoulder again. He nuzzled his head into your neck as well and you both stayed in that comfortable position until your phone buzzed on the table. You got up and saw that your mom texted you, saying that she wanted you home soon. 

“I gotta go now,” you said. Siwon got up and walked you to your car outside, then hugged you tightly. 

“I’m sorry again,” he whispered.

“I hope your phone is okay,” you joked.

He laughed and kissed your forehead. 

“I love you. That will never change.” He smiled and gave you one more goodbye kiss.