Teardrops on my guitar

★ ☆Teardrops on my guitar★ ☆

★ ☆Teardrops on my guitar★ ☆

It was another beautiful morning with everything going on as usual. Me, him, her and our friends all sitting together for lunch and chatting. My laughter vanished when I saw him laugh with her. With his hand on her shoulder and his eyes on her, he looked at her as if she was the only one in this world for him.

It felt as if someone had stabbed me with infinite blades as I averted my gaze from them. After all, how much could my heart take? Of course, As a best friend, I was happy and glad because he had found someone for himself. Someone he was able to give his heart to. It just hurts me to know that it wasn’t me.

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see

“Yah Seonhi! Why are you all silent now? What are you thinking about? Tell us won’t you?”

I glanced at the source of the voice to see my friends a bit worried about me. I flashed a glance at him and his girlfriend only to face reality. They didn’t give a damn. He didn’t give a damn anymore. A pitiful laugh escaped my lips as I looked away from them and at my friends

“It’s nothing guys. Just random thinking. You know how I am.” 

I said as I got up from my seat and looked at him. I sighed knowing that he doesn’t care anymore.

“I’ll be leaving now. Wouldn’t want to spoil your moods.”     

Grabbing my purse and my other belongings, I walked away from the table despite their protests. Before turning around the corner, I spared them one last glance before an unnoticeabe sad smile tugged at the end of my lips.

I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about, And she's got everything that I have to live without

Seohyun was a heavenly beauty. A perfect match for him. Jet black hair cascading down her back, Eyes like almond with a hint of chocolate brown in it, An innocent and mesmerizing smile to compliment her wonderful personality. With her tall, slender and model like figure, she made the guys go mad for her and the girls go gaga over how much of an angel she was.

To put it simple, She was flawless. She was everything a girl would want to be. She was everything what I wanted to be. Shaking my head in defeat, I walked further away from them. After all, even if I was in front of his face, he would never notice me.

'He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star, He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

The rest of the day just flew by without a notice as the clock struck 6 and college was done just like that. After packing my bags, I made my way to the bus stand. Before she came, the two of us used to walk all the way home. He was always successful in talking about trival things and making me laugh. He was the one who made my day. But now, All my days seem so empty…

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny, And I can't even see anyone when he's with me

The day he told me about her, the day he broke my heart and tore my smile apart was the day I really saw him smile. It made me wonder if he was really happy with her. If he was really happy… forgetting me. While here I am thinking about him every second of my life.

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right, I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

With a click, I unlocked the door and entered the cold and empty place I called ‘home’. Dropping my bag down on the floor, I slumped on the sofa staring blankly ahead with nothing else but him on my mind. A single tear drop made its way unknowingly out of my eyes threatening to be followed by more.

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe? And there he goes, so perfectly, The kind of flawless I wish I could be

I looked up from my position to find a familiar picture lying about on the table next to the sofa. Carefully, I picked it up and brushed my fingers against the glass. It was a boy and a girl with smiles as bright as the sunshine in that picture. Me and him to be exact. A tear drop fell onto the glass of that picture as I stared at the younger version of Kyu in that picture. I slowly traced along the picture capturing each one of his attributes.

Those small, round and childish brown orbs of his filled with fun and mischief. It was a feature which never fails to make me drown in it. His lush and shabby dark chocolate brown hair through which I always used to run my fingers. His perfectly sculpted sharp nose and his perfect lips which resembled rose petals. His playful and quirky personality which never failed to amaze me and which also made me fall deeply in love with him.

She better hold him tight, give him all her love, Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause hes the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The tears which I had held in for a long time finally fell. I cried. Cried as loud as I wanted holding that picture tight in my embrace. My heart ached without him. It ached for his love and nothing more. But even I know that now, it was impossible. Now that he has her.

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light, I'll put his picture down and maybe, Get some sleep tonight

Placing the picture back on the table, I trotted back to my room with slow steps and stripped myself of clothes before stepping into the shower and letting the chill droplets of water pierce me. I felt nothing though. Nothing. No pain, no coldness, nothing.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart, He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do, He's the time taken up, but there's never enough, And he's all that I need to fall into.

“Will I ever be able to forget him and move on?”

‘Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see

-----------------------------------------------------------------