Baby, I'm Missing You

Baby, I'm Missing You

 

Baby, I’m missing you

 

The Sun shone through the white curtains and I woke up, blinking my eyes furiously. I rolled over, to be greeted by the sight of my son, Choi Yoogeun sleeping peacefully. He was hugging the teddy bear that his dad had gotten for him, during his 2nd birthday. Yoogeun is already four; the years just flew by so quickly. Unknowingly, he had left us for two moths already.

As hot tears ran down my cheeks, my hand went to the two rings on my necklace. It was our wedding rings. Mine had the words ‘I’m Yours’ on it while his was carved with ‘Mine Forever’.  Those four words may look like nothing but it meant so much to us. It was the name of the songs that brought us together. He had proposed to me with the song ‘I’m Yours’ by Jason Mraz; and I answered his serenade with Taylor’s Swift ‘Mine’. It had been one of our best moments together, but my favourite hadn’t been this. Instead, it was the time where we picked out our rings.

His hands slipped through mine and our hands fitted just perfectly. His eyes scanned the rings inside the glass cases while my vision was glued to his every move. His brows were knitted tightly together and he stared hard at the glass case below him. I chuckled at his seriousness and he turned to me with a confused expression. Unable to resist his expression which made him looked like a lost puppy; I reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose. “Baby, we are not having a competition here, quit being so serious before you melt those pretty little diamonds with your intense stares.” I teased.

He looked at me and let out a low laugh. “Neh, Yeobo. But, did you see any rings that you like? Or were you too bust looking at my handsome face?” He teased with a playful smile on his face. I slapped his arm and look away as my cheeks got rosy.

“Yeobo, I was just kidding. Look!” he exclaimed.

I turned, only to be met with his lips on mine.

“Am I forgiven?” he spoke against my lips.

 I pushed him away and went to look at the rings. I was embarrassed by what just happened. He had never been so open with the skinship in public, especially when there was so many pair of eyes on us. The most he had done was to kiss my cheek and held me by the waist.

‘Did the wedding mess his head up? Or was he spending too much time with Skinship Jjong? Or did he want to have s-?’

My thoughts were interrupted by a pair of hands going around my waist and a head lying on my shoulder. “Yeobo, forgive me already. C’mon, you’re just embarrassed right?” I could feel his hot breath on my neck. Unused to all this intimacy, I pry his hands away and changed the topic.

“Oppa, I like that ring, but, it seems too plain. Can we customize it?” I pointed to a pair of couple rings a few centimeters away from us. The rings were silver in color and there was a tiny diamond on top on the ring for the woman. The man’s ring was plain, but you couldn’t deny the good workmanship that was present.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him mumbling the words “Stupid Hyung. Doesn’t even teach me the right thing! Now, Yeobo is mad at me.” I smiled and grabbed his hand but, not before making a mental note to kill Jjong Oppa later.

“Baby, I’m not angry so cheer up. Now, let’s concentrate on finding our rings, okay? I want to add our words on our rings and inside too.” he smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.

“Thanks Yeobo. How about we put the title of our songs on the ring, so as to remember that night forever?” My eyes lit up upon hearing his suggestion.

That night had been full of surprises but the most romantic part and my favourite part was when he serenaded me. I had returned his serene with a song of mine.

So, we decided to engrave the words ‘I’m Yours’ on my ring and ‘Mine Forever’ on his; since the word ‘Mine’ was too short.

We also carved some words inside our rings.

After making sure that the staff understood our needs, we exited the shop with smiles on both our faces.

My favourite memory, because it showed how important I am to him. He treated our marriage as one of the most important thing in his life. He didn’t tell me directly, but, rather, showed me through his actions. He wanted to remember the day he proposed, the day I said ‘Yes’ to him.

This was why I love you so much, Choi Minho.

The tears are flowing freely right now, like a leaking tap. I just couldn’t be bothere to wipe them away. My heart felt so empty without him, I miss him so badly. I would give anything to have him here. His hugs, his kisses, his touches, his smiles and his Everything….

I remembered our first meeting, where he saved me from the evil Queekas-Secret. He had appeared like a shining knight in amour and saved me just before Zinger threw yet, another punch to my face. I was the nerd of the school while he was the Kingka, along with Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin. I hadn’t known why he was so good to me when he could have any girl that was a thousand million times prettier than me.

He solved this mystery when he asked me to be his girl. “____ ah, will you please be my girlfriend? You may think that you’re not worthy of me. But, in my eyes, you’re beautiful while the other girls are just plain pretty. Behind those thick glasses, I see a girl who has a beautiful heart and a beautiful face. So, ___, will you be my girlfriend?” His exact words were imprinted in my head. Those words had struck me hard and had me falling even more in love with him.

Recalling all this memories seems to have stopped the tears and instead, put a smile on my face. My gaze went to the angel sleeping beside me and I lightly brushed that laid on his little forehead. Yoogeun looked so much like him. Their facial features and personalities clearly showed that they were father and son. Flashbacks came to me like a photo album, each memory captured and printed clearly; as Yoogeun started smiling in his dreams.

The time when he knew that he was going to be a father; calling everyone he knew. His parents, Shinee, his Super Junior hyungs and even his great aunt.

Every shopping trip we went to usually results in going to a toy store, a baby store or a store for expecting mothers.

He would go on and on about the things he was going to teach our child, determined to turn him or her into an athletic person like him.

He would fret about the littlest things I do.

Every of my outfit must be approved by him before I could go out in them. High heels were not allowed; so for the past 34 weeks, all I could wear were slippers, sandals and sneakers. He would ask me if I need anything every five minutes. Asking if I wanted food, drinks or anything else.

I remembered getting pissed at him for his controlling moves and ignoring him for a week. I had spend the week at the home of my best friend, Hyoyeon. Shinee had come to me one by one, pleading me to go back to him.

He called countlessof times, only to get his calls ignored or hung up. His attempts at visiting only resulted in having the door slammed in his face or me yelling at him to get lost.

His sincerity finally got through me and I ended up forgiving him.

His and Yoogeun’s first meeting had him carrying the sleeping baby in his arms, with tears filled in his eyes, gently whispering the words, “I am a daddy.” before planting a kiss on Yoogeun’s forehead.

He had came over to me when his parents were taking care of Yoogeun , saying “Saranghae, Yeobo. Thank you so much. I love you.” “I love you too, baby.”

When Yoogeun started his first step, he had hugged me so tightly and kissed the baby countless of times. When Yoogeun spoke his first word “Appa”, he made Yoogeun say it to everyone. When Yoogeun fell sick for the first time, he didn’t sleep well for three days straight, worried sick.

He had never been a father, much less raised a son. But, he had been the perfect father figure for our son. His love for Yoogeun was never ending, just like his love for me. He had showered us with his care and love.

Every morning, I would be greeted by a “Good morning Baby.

Every night, before we got to sleep, he would pull me into a kiss and tell me “I love you.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a thumb on my cheek. It was then when I realized I had been crying again. Yoogeun’s face was right in front of me, with his little thumb gently wiping the tears off my cheeks. I caught hold of his thumb and smiled through the tears.

“Umma, ulgima. Appa wouldn’t like it.” Yooguen said, his big eyes staring into mine.

I was so grateful for a child like him. When I had break the news to him, all he did was nod his head. I wasn’t sure if he had understood what I meant but, I couldn’t bring myself to explain everything in detail to him.

When, Yoogeun did realize the missing presence of his Appa, he then really got the meaning of what I’ve said. He had thrown tantrums and kept crying, even in his sleep. I was at loss for what to do and could only bear with Yoogeun’s tantrums. When the child wouldn’t stop after 3 days, I finally broke down.

Shinee had helped us through this. I didn’t know what they had told Yoogeun, but, Yoogeun had came to me and apologize saying the words, “Umma, You still have Yoogeunnie.” I could only hold him in my arms, with tears spilling out of my already swollen eyes. Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin Oppas had help me gathered myself back. I’m so glad he had such good friends.

Looking at the child in front of me, my fingers wrapped around the two rings which said ‘____♥Minho’; somehow the rings gave me courage and the words just found its way out of my mouth.

“Yoogeun, how would you like to have a dongsaeng?”

Yoogeun started shouting excitedly “Umma, you mean we are going to have a baby? I want to teach him to be a Power Ranger!”

Baby, I’m Missing You.

 

 

A/N: How was it? :O Was it any good? Hopefully I'll get subbies for this! ^^ 

If anyone would like a minstal/ Yoogeun POV, just say it~ Thanks for reading! ^^

PS, If you're wondering where Minho went, he died because of a car accident. ><

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED! <3