Chapter 13

Lunatic Shadow

 

The next day was filled with silence. You stayed inside your room from the time you wake up and you haven't seen your brother nor Myungsoo yet. "What could they be thinking…"

 

You decided to walk downstairs to get something to eat, or to drink at the very least. You found no one and seemed like the house was empty. "Oh great. I'm alone." You walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge to check on something edible that you could get for breakfast. Good thing Sungyeol left a box of chiffon cake for you to munch on if ever you get hungry. "Nice. It's a diet."

 

After taking your breakfast, you took a bath just like how you would during your school days. You're somehow feeling weird because the house would be usually noisy during the day. You tried to take some time cleaning yourself. You were like a little girl playing in the water but it did not take too long since you might catch a cold.

 

"Okay. I think I'll just pay him a visit today." you told yourself. You got dressed on your favorite clothing and you tried to curl your hair but it was an epic fail. You didn’t put some light make up on, hence you only tried to make it as plain as possible. After you were done fixing yourself, you got downstairs feeling excited only to find the front door and the back doors... locked.

 

"What the…" you murmured to yourself. You checked on the windows if you could sneak out but it was useless. It seemed like even the windows were nailed from the outside. "What the hell is going on??" you muttered in aggravation. You were getting pissed. You tried to pull your phone out from your pockets before you could even realize that your phone was confiscated last night.

 

"Maybe he's out with Myungsoo… But why did they have to lock me in?!" you cried out, your face fuming in too much anger. You never thought that they would go that far just to make you stay away from Youngmin. It's starting to feel more unbearable with Sungyeol always treating you like you can't do things on your own. "I hate you…"

 

You went back to your room, stomping your feet uncontrollably and your mind filling it with raging anger. Locking you up inside the house was the worst they could've ever done to you.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

"I'm worried about her. I don’t think this is right." Myungsoo muttered from his seat. He's inside the car with Sungyeol, road tripping to a place he doesn’t even know where.

 

"Don’t worry about her. She'll be fine, and what we're doing right now is for her own good."

Myungsoo let out a sigh, "Yeah I know. But don’t you think she'll freak out when she finds out that she's being locked up inside a cage?"

"I know she will. Bu t I had to do it, or she'll get herself into trouble again." Sungyeol replied.

"Fine then, if you say so. Anyway, tell me where we're going."

 

"We're going to visit my oh-so-caring and oh-so-loving dad. You know, I need some money."

 

Two hours later under the heat of the sun, they arrived at such a big place. It's where your father lived. "Wow. Your dad must be this rich." Myungsoo uttered in awe. They pushed on the door bell and waited for several minutes until someone would get the gate opened for them.

 

"Excuse me?" a woman who looked like she's on her thirties asked as soon as she saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

Myungsoo politely uttered, "Uh, we're actually looking for a person who lives here. His name's… Sungyeol, what is his name again?"

"Lee Dong Hoon." Sungyeol uttered coldly.

 

The woman smiled at them and said, "Oh… He's my husband. Is there anything you need from him? Did you told him you were coming?"

 

Sungyeol tried to calm himself when he was already raging in anger. There he was, facing the woman who's the reason for his mom's death.

 

Myungsoo shook his head and said, "He actually doesn’t know."

 

"Oh I see, why don’t you come inside and wait for him to come back? He went to the market to buy something." the woman said.

 

Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol in as they both entered the huge house. The ambience was really nice. There were flowers blooming around the garden and there was a playground for little kiddies. "Seems like he managed to create a bigger family huh." Sungyeol murmured.

 

They entered the house and waited inside the living room while they were given a nice cup of tea, and some sweets.

 

The woman, who appeared to be the new wife of Sungyeol's and your father went to the kitchen to prepare for lunch. The two were left waiting. Several minutes later, a girl, who looked like she's just about the same age as you are, came in, until she noticed that there were two guys seated next to each other, looking nervous and uncomfortable. The girl had long, copper brown hair and she's pretty tall. She had big puppy eyes and her lashes were unbelievably long, and curled.

 

"Excuse me? Who are you?" she asked as she placed her bag down.

Myungsoo couldn’t help but get intimidated with the girl, "Uh- are you, I mean, do you live here?"

The girl nodded and said, "Yeah. I'm the daughter of the owner. My name's Lee Seong eun."

 

Sungyeol snapped. He glared at the girl with such anger and the girl was frightened. She ran upstairs and slammed the door to her room, closed. "I can’t believe this Myungsoo. We shouldn’t have gone here." he muttered. He clenched his fist and stood up from his seat, "Let's go Myungsoo."

 

He turned around to leave until the person they've been waiting for arrived. "Where are you two going? You just arrived." he said.

 

"We're going home. Thanks for the nice cup of tea, your y wife offered us." Sungyeol uttered in annoyance.

Dong Hoon, his father walked towards him and pulled on his shoulder so he could see his face, "What did you--"

 

"… We meet again dad." he uttered with a sly smirk on his face.

"Sungyeol?"

"Who else dad? It's your loving son. But we're leaving, so goodbye."

Dong Hoon frowned and asked, "What do you need?"

 

Sungyeol paused when he was about to walk away with Myungsoo. "I need you to change the name of that pretty daughter of yours. It was mom who created Seong eun's name and not you, so don't just give it away to people who doesn’t even deserve to have it."

 

They both left the house and started driving back to Seoul. It was a long trip and Sungyeol was not on his normal thinking so Myungsoo drove back instead.

 

"What a surprise." Myungsoo broke the ice.

Sungyeol had a cold expression he couldn’t wipe off. What he saw was really shocking. His dad remarried a younger version of his late mom, and he even named their daughter after Seong eun. It was an insult, to think that his dad seemed to have built a new family, similar to what he once had.

 

"Maybe I should get a part time job, don’t you think? I have to take Seong eun to a specialist. She needs some sort of a treatment and maybe you knew, I can't let her stay insane forever. Imagining things and seeing Youngmin as Kwangmin. It's just not normal. Her stupidity had already reached a different level."

 

"I know a job. Maybe you'll fit it." Myungsoo suggested.

"I never imagined that I would stand as her father someday. It's very challenging, but I feel uncomfortable at the same time. I don’t even have a girlfriend and now I'm a dad?"

"Maybe I can't understand your feelings now, but I'll always be here, just in case." Myungsoo uttered with a smile on his face.

Sungyeol tapped Myungsoo's shoulder and said, "I know. Thank you."

"No worries."

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

"He's so dead." you cursed under your voice. It's the afternoon and you haven't had lunch yet. You're hungry and you're so bored. You had already changed back to your normal clothes and you even cancelled your day out with Youngmin because you were obviously locked inside the house, much to your anger on your brother.

 

You stayed on bed for a couple of hours until you heard a click on the door to your room. "Open it and I'll kill you Sungyeol." you thought they arrived.

 

Your eyes were shut closed and you waited until someone would speak up, but no one did so you decided to get up and take a look on who might've attempted to enter your room. "What, there's a ghost inside the house?" you uttered when you were about to lock the door back to how it was.

 

"Hmm… You think I am?"

 

You slowly opened the door when you heard a familiar voice speaking from outside your room. You weren't afraid at all, since it sounded like him. "Kwangmin?" you uttered his name.

 

"Wrong ~ but somehow, I think it's right. I'm Kwangmin, and I can be Youngmin too." he spoke once more.

You walked outside of your room and saw Youngmin standing near the stairs. He must've been waiting for you to come out. "Since when-- how did you get inside my house?" you could feel a hint of happiness on yourself. You felt saved, and free.

Youngmin smiled at you and said, "Managed to break the locks. I saw Myungsoo and your brother this morning. They were fixing the windows and shutting every hole closed."

 

"So they really did huh. Anyway, thanks for breaking in. You don’t  have any idea on how long I've waited for someone to save me." you uttered in gratitude. You left your room open to invite him inside.

 

Youngmin walked inside your room and leaped on your bed. It's his first time seeing your room. It looked just like how he had imagined it to be. "Want to get away from this place? I know a secret hide-out. They'll never find us there."

Your face glowed in excitement, it's exactly what you wanted to happen, leave the place. "--Really? As in… somewhere far from here??"

Youngmin nodded and said, "Yeah. Somewhere nice."

You did not hesitate to go with him. You got prepared in an instant, and you even spared some of your time packing some chiffon cake and some snacks.

 

You found out how Youngmin managed to sneak inside your house and that was through the window on the kitchen. You never imagined that a person would even fit to pass through that small hole. It was too risky to even try but Youngmin succeeded in his attempt.

 

"You're one good spy. Tell me how you do it. It's amazing." you uttered in awe.

Youngmin let out a chuckle before he lead you inside the car. It was Kwangmin's, but he's using it now. "You should've brought some clothes."

 

"Clothes?" you asked in confusion, you thought it was just another day out but seemed like you won't be home until tonight, or until tomorrow.

 

"Mm. Yeah, you'll see why, when we get there."

 

 

***lalalalalaaaa ~ So where's he going to take Seong eun? ooozeee ~ -_-"

I updated twice today. This, and the previous chapter. It's a treat for my one week absence. Anyways, I am too excited about the DKFC ! (SNSD,INFINITE,EXO,Ukiss,Tahiti,and Tasty CONCERT) 9 days to go !! ***