Taemin Gets An Idea

Hey Pretty Girl, Are You Sure You're Not a Boy?

Taemin's P.o.V~

 

I'd stolen a quick glance from the paper that was in my hands, to look up at my surrondings. Seoul was really pretty. Especially this time of year, when people are getting ready for christmas, just like the western countries do. I took a deep breath and exhaled deeply. Walking home from my horrid boy's only school was the best part of the day. As much as I loved my friends and school, it didn't help me towards my goal in life. My goal was to be the best dancer, ever, and at my yound age, it would be such a big acomplishment.

As I thought about my goal even more, the sad memory flew back into my mind. The day I auditioned for a music company, and they'd rejected me. Harshly. I sighed, staring at the same brochure I'd been looking at for the past ten minutes. It was one of the best schools in Seoul no-- it had to be the best in all of South Korea. Its academics were great, but I was focused on its music program. The school also specialized in music and the arts, such as Singing, Dancing, Acting, and so on and so forth. This school would sharpen my skills and as soon as I got out, I'd be wanted by every and any music company. Sadly, the school was an all girls school.

"Pfft, they only want girls to bask in the glory, huh?" I silently muttered to myself.

I glanced at the brochure in my hands and flipped through its pages, that I'd read repeatedly until I could recite its words from memory. I sighed at the paper and folded it neatly, then stuck it into my back pocket. If only I'd been born a girl--

"Yah!" Lee Taemin!"

I turned around only to see my 'umma' or at least that's what he called himself.

Kim Kibum, or 'Key', was one of my only friends at school, quickly rushed up next to me.

"Oh, mianhae hyung." I said laughing, suddenly remembering the promise I'd made to him. "I must've forgotten"

"Yeah, I figured." He started, once he caught his breath. "You were probably reading that brochure still, right?"

"A-Aniyo!" I said, shooting my hyung a glare. "I was just enjoying my favorite time of the year, thats all."

"Ah, you can tell your umma, Taemin." He said smiling. "I mean, you can't help being a creeper oppa. I mean, who doesn't want to have all the girls to himself at an all girls school--"

"Yah!" I yelled at him and playfully smacked his arm.

Key chuckled, putting his hands up in defense. We continued walking, chatting like our usual selfs, until I saw a couple of girls. I reconized the embroidery on their shirts, and their plaided skirts. That uniform was easy for me to spot. It was that stupid all girls school's uniform. I frowned, as I watched them pass by us, carrying their instrument cases and dancing shoes. They giggled as they walked passed us. They must like their school.

"Hey," Key suddenly said, tearing me away from my trance. "You're being a creeper oppa already?"

"No." I scowled. "Those were the uniforms for--"

"Yeah, that stupid school you like so much." Key said, scoffing.

"Hey! Don't call it stupid!" I said, glancing at him.

"You call the school stupid all the time, Taemin" He retorted, with his diva-ish tone.

I only sighed and slumped my shoulders, remembering all of the times I would call the school stupid, or even worse things. We'd stayed silent after our somewhat of an arguement and made it to my house. Usually my parents were out working and Key, being my 'umma', didn't like the fact that I was alone for hours, so he decided that he'd stay with me until I went to bed, or when it was time for him to go home.

I slid my house key into its lock, and unlocked the door. Key and I slid our shoes off and entered my warm house.

"Ah" Key randomly breathed out. "It feels so nice to be warm, the cold weather can be so cold!"

"That's why they call it 'cold weather' hyung." I said, teasing him.

He rolled his eyes playfully and began to unpack our bags. He usually helped me with my homework early, so we could do what we wanted for a few hours before continuing to study again.

"Oh Taemin!" Key said, finding my papers for my english class. "How do you say 'teacher' again?"

"Key!" I whined out. "You know I sound awkward in english."

Key was Mr. 'I know everything when it comes to english!' and he loved to attempt to help me.

"C'mon," He said. "Just say it with me, 'Tea-ch-er'" He said slowly.

"Teacher?" I said, trying to manipulate how he had said it, but he only stifled a laugh and continued to go through my papers.

I shook my head, not really caring what he'd thought of my english. As Key began to unpack my things even more, and even start to organize some of them, I flopped my skinny body onto the couch and the TV. As soon as I clicked on the TV, Key's head turned to look at me. Bad move Taemin, bad move.

"Yah!" He called out. "No TV before homework!"

"C'mon hyung!" I said, sending him some puppy dogs eyes. "Just this once?"

Key's nose twitched as he watched me do various forms of aegyo, that I knew he couldn't resist. In the end, he sighed, and sat next to me. I smiled happily, as I flipped through the channels. I stopped ona channel, that had nine dancing girls on the screen.

"Sowoneul malhaebwa~!"

I started humming the tune, and follwing some of the arm movements. Key looked at me and started cracking up.

"You like these kinds of songs?" He asked me.

"I guess" I said, still following the arm movements. "It's just really catchy."

"Aigoo~" Key said after a while long of me dancing to the song. "My little Taeminnie could been mistaken for a girl!"

"Hyung~" I whined. He knew I really disliked being called a girl.

"Seriously Taemin!" He said. "You should cut your hair! It's too long!"

"Ah, It's not long." I protested. "It could be longer!"

"Then you'd really be mistaken for a girl." He said shaking his head, and turning his attention back to the TV.

I pouted my lips, suddenly thinking about it. I could be mistaken for a girl? I never really though I looked all that pretty, in all honesty. I just thought I looked like any other boy.

"Are you sure, Key?" I asked, looking at him.

"Yeah!" He said, now copying some of the girl groups dance moves. "Actually, the first time I saw you, I thought you were a girl!"

"Hmm..." I mumbled, thinking for a bit.

Then I got an idea. The best idea ever, if I do say so myself.

"Hey hyung!" I said, getting up for a bit. "Could you do some of my homework for me?"

"Mwo?" He asked. "Why?"

"Please hyung! I just remembered something I need to do, its important!"

He raised an eyebrow, contemplating on letting me go out on my own.

Finally he said, "As long as you study and understand how I got those answers, sure."

"Yes! Thanks hyung!"

"Don't stay out too long!" He commanded.

"Nae!" I yelled back, before grabbing my wallet and racing out of the house like a mad man.

I had the best idea ever and this Idea would guarantee my spot into that school.

 

~~~

Banana_Milk's Comment Corner~

Kekeke, our little Taeminnie has an idea! Oh, and sorry if it's a little short for a first chapter ^^"

~Jung-Ah