Harsh Goodbye's.

Skyhigh

A/N:\~ Crappy and rushed. Orz. Short update.

Comment&Subscribe!


Chapter One.

"When you feel like there's no way out, Loves the only way." My headphones got snatches out harshly from my ears, bringing me back to the harsh cold reality. Also, unusually silent reality... I looked up and saw the vice-principle looming over me.  'HOLY !-' I slapped my hand to mouth, realising what I'd just said. I gulped uncomfortably, staring at my lap. When I dared to look up and meet her eyes however the sight was unnerving. She wasn't glaring at me... Or producing steam from her ears... she simply sighed and rubbed her forehead. So that's when I knew that there was something wrong, something bad had happened, and I dreaded knowing what it was.   I sat, digging my fingers into the chair, processing what Ms Shirley had told me.  'Car crash... no surviours... I am deeply sorry... my prayers...' The words replayed in my mind making me feel extremely nauseous. My throat clenched and I couldn't produce no words, or even a tear. I sat there motionless, call it shock, but I somehow felt no remorse or grieve. Scrapping my chair back and picking up my bag, I turned and strode out of the office, slamming the door shut for extra measure. I ignored the looks from the students and teachers alike, I don't need your pity, I have a heart made from metal. Indestructible metal.

^^^^^^^^

  I walked through the main office and out the doors with my head held high but inside I was falling fast. I had no choice but to go back home and face the facts, I wasn't going to cry, crying is for weak people. And I was everything but that. I opened the door to my house and immediately wished I hadn't. My head pained as I stared at the object laying on the stairs in front of me, a soft rabbit toy, belonging to none other then Mika; my little sister. My head throbbed and my insides where clenching.  'Why am I always alone?' My vision became blurry and my fingers clenched, I fell to the ground with a thud. That was going to be one hell of a bruise. 

^^^^^^^^^

I awoke to unfamiliar surroundings and bright lights, it made me dizzy. I tried to get up ignoring the hazy throbbing in my skull, shielding my eyes with my hand I looked around to find my self in a hospital. I hated hospitals with a passion, they only bore grave memories.  'Ahh? Finally awake? That must've been quite a bump, you've been out for two days now!' I peered closely to find a doctor sitting at the edge of my bed. I slowly registered what he had said, processing everything including the fact that I'd been out cold for TWO days?! That means... oh gosh I missed the funeral. I guess he noticed the wounded expression in my eyes- either that or he read my mind - because he told me the news I'd been dreading.  'They had to go on with funerals... without you... I'm afraid. However your aunt attended the funeral so don't mull of the situation too much.' He produced some files from the table and spread them out in front of me.  'It also seems that this Aunt Choi is now your legal guardian, which means you shall be moving to Korea with her.' He said it so bluntly that I wanted to punch him, I wanted to hit him, make him feel the pain I was feeling. But I didn't do that,I just put on my vacant expression and nodded mutely, and I knew in that moment everything would go wrong. 

^^^^^^^^^

(A day later, London City airport) I plugged in my headphones and wheeled my over-sized luggage into the airport, I grimaced remembering that as a kid this place had once seemed magical to me, however now not in these circumstances. No. It felt more like a prison. Oh how I hated small places. I settled on a bench opposite my aunt and drank my milkshake, I had ignored all her pleas of co-corporation and so she had long stopped trying to make me talk. My luggage was rushiliy packed and I hadn't slept well, I was tired, annoyed and wanted nothing else then to be snuggled up with one of my plushies back at home. Or what I had once called home. I stared at the Korean flag and mentally cursed it, you and my warped nationality. Although both my parents are- WERE Korean, having strong heritage from both China and Mongolia made me awkwardly much more tanned then other Koreans.  I knew at once this would be a problem, as well as my skin colour, my accent was heavily accented. I knew my time in Korea was going to be difficult but what could I do? I'm just a tanned, high school kid from Britain. A unknown. Someone to pity. A girl who lost her family. A unsociable . My soul lies as far as way from Seoul as possible, that It is if I have a soul.  "Terminal 3. Boarding now Flight 89B to Seoul. Repeat. Boarding NOW Flight 89B to Seoul."  My cue, time to face the music. 


~Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss. ~