The Thankful Heart

Thankful Heart

#FLASHBACK#

It was the same, each and every day. After school, I would usually turn right. Right was where my dreams are. Left was where my hopes grows, my own home. From a couple of years back, it was the same, always the same. My routine was to take a right turn. It had always been that way, but not today. As hard as it is, today onwards left is where my steps would take me, because yesterday, all of my dreams were shattered to pieces. All I have now is hope, but hope just seems so dim. Every night, it pains my heart to think that after all this time, all my hard work didn’t seem to pay off as I expected. I was numb. I don’t know what to think anymore. All I ever wanted was to be able to perform, share my voice out to the world. But now it’s just impossible. I was rejected. I was pushed away from my own dreams. I’m not a good looking person. I’m not tall, and I’m surely not the first choice when it comes to showing off their good looks. All I have is my voice. A precious possession of mine that makes my dad smile when I dedicate him a song, a voice that gets my mom all emotional when I sang the song she loved. My voice, heard no more.

“Seobie, a phone call for you dear,”

“Yes mom. I’m coming!”

“Hello, Yang Yo Seob here.”

“Seobie hyung?”

“Yes? Ki Kwang?”

“Hyuuuuungggg!!! How are you? You doin well?”

“Yeah, I guess I’m getting better. How’s life?”

“Hyung, actually I’ve been accepted to another copany.”

“Chincha? Wow, congratulation Kwangie.. *sob* *sob*”

“And hyung, I’m lonely, would you come?”

“What?! You *sob* kidding me?”

“Nope, I’m being serious hyung. It’s a new company though. It’s called CUBE entertainment.”

“But,”

“No but’s hyung, just come, alright?”

“Who else is there with you?

“Me. Just me. You’re coming right?”

“I *sob* would, *sob* I..”

“Awesome!!! Now I’m not lonely anymore!! Thanks hyung. I’ll text you the address later. But I don’t have your phone number.”

“It’s XXXXXXXXXXX. Kwangie, I”

“Ok got it. See you tomorrow hyung. Bye~~”

“Kwangie, I..”

Clik. Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

#END FLASHBACK#   

A few years past, now Yo Seob and Ki Kwang had debuted along with Yoon Doo Jun, Yong Jun Hyung, Jang Hyun Seung and Son Dong Woon. Their group is called BEAST and they’re starting to get a lot of attention from the society. Their song “Bad Girl” was a hit and it raises their popularity in a short time.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay Kwangie. I understand. *sob* It’s all for the *sob* sake of entertainment. But, it hurts when you *sob* talk about me like *sob* that.”

“I’m sorry hyung…”

Earlier, Beast attended a radio talk, and Ki Kwang was too excited about it. A fan called and asked about what Ki Kwang thinks is the cutest about Yo Seob. And his answer was shocking, even to the other members.

“He’s so cute while eating. He looked like a starving pig with his cheeks stuffed with food and talking while chewing his food.”

It causes Yo Seob to blush badly and when he heard the fan and the radio crew laughed badly, he was embarrassed. He never felt that embarrassed before.

 

Ki Kwang POV

I totally deserve it. If tonight Seobie hyung is going to get his revenge, I’ll bear it. I wouldn’t mind if he told everyone about my sleeping habit, or about how long I take a shower or anything about me. I’m going to be alright. Since that day, the day I said that Seobie hyung looked like a “starving pig”, he seems to be getting a bit distant. I need to set up things straight. Tonight in the Hello talk show, I’ll apologise to him. I have to.

#later that night#

It’s now or never. I’m going to apologise to him. I’ll try my best to make him forgive my mistake. I just couldn’t live without hi being happy around me. Life at dorm just if Seobie hyung keep remaining silent. I can’t have that. I hope he will forgive me.

 

Yo Seob reached for Ki Kwang's hand, it was awkward. Not just for him, but also for Ki Kwang but the urge he felt in him pushes him and he had waited a long time. Finally, the opportunity was right in front of him. The MC for the show asked if there is anything the Beast member would want to say to each other and right at that moment, Yo Seob reached for Ki Kwang's hand.

“Ki Kwang ah… You already know but Thank You for giving me the opportunity to work with you when I was lost. I hope our friendship does not falter and let’s keep doing well.” Yo Seob said as he suddenly lower his head. His hands were brushing off the sparkling jewels that fell from the corner of his eyes.

“Ah… He’s really crying!!” The leader, Yoon Doo Jun said as he patted Yo Seob’s back.

“What? What is this? Hyung why? Why are you thanking me?” Ki Kwang was taken aback by Yo Seob's action. He was shocked to what he expected didn’t happen.

“He’s been trying so hard for 6 to 7 years and he thought it was his last chance. But now he’s in a big group all thanks to Lee Ki Kwang who gave him hope when he was lost. The thankful heart he has for a friend who gave him hope when he was lost. Aww… it’s so touching that I’m feeling like crying.” The MC said as he added a little bit more about what Yo Seob just said.

Ki Kwang was still taken aback. He was speechless and kept turning to Yo Seob to see whether he’s still crying or not. He couldn’t stop himself from thinking. Was it the reason why Yo Seob was kind to him? He knew Yo Seob since high school, and from back then he was like that. But never would Yo Seob scold him, or show any sign of anger to him if he ever did something that would surely anger Yo Seob if it was done by the other Beast member. Like that one time when Dong Woon accidentally ate Yo Seob's ice cream and all day long Yo Seob was throwing his tantrum on Dong Woon. But when Ki Kwang did something similar, nothing happened. Yo Seob simply said “You can have it, I can buy a new one,” while smiling his sunshine smile to Ki Kwang. Yo Seob was always kind. Too kind and now Ki Kwang realised what was happening.

~*~

The show ended and Doo Jun noticed that his lover was still being emotional. He had stopped crying but his face clearly shows that he could burst any moment.

“I need to do something,” Doo Jun thought. He immediately scooped Yo Seob away from the rest of the member, away from Lee Ki Kwang. He took Yo Seob away to a nearby park, which was unoccupied since it was already late when they finished recording the show.

“You alright Seobie? Babe, are you okay?”

“I’m alright Doo… I’m still thinking about Ki Kwang. I felt so bad ignoring him these past few days. I was just thinking. I wanted to say that to him for a long, long time. But after saying it, I felt much more embarrassed and I don’t know if I could face him after this. What should I do? Doo Jun, please help me,” Yo Seob buried his face on Doo Jun’s chest. He let out all the tears he held back during the show and hoped that eventually he could gather his courage to face Ki Kwang and apologise for what Yo Seob had been doing,--avoiding him. His heart ached so badly but he kept it a secret. He didn’t want anyone to know, not Doo Jun, not the other member, especially not Ki Kwang.

#Back at the dorm#

“Hyung, is that why you are being so kind to me?  It’s because of what I did? It’s because I called you to join Cube? Tell me hyung. Is it?”

“Kwangie, *Sob* I’m so grateful for what you have done to me. I could never be here now if it wasn’t for *sob* you. I didn’t have the chance to tell you this. I’m sorry,”

“No hyung, I’m the one that’s supposed to be sorry. I never even thought that what I did gave a big impact in your life. I just thought that all I did was just a common thing. And after that awful mistake I made at the radio talk, you ignored me. I know, I noticed it. Woonie also noticed it. Even Junnie hyung and Seungie Hyung noticed it. But you never lash out on me, and it’s all because of that silly request I made to you?”

“It’s not just a silly request!! It means a lot to me. Because of you, now I’m in BEAST. Because of you, I’m now happy. And because of you I found someone that loves me as much as I love him. Because of you I found Yoon Doo Jun. and for that I’m very thankful. Thank you Lee Ki Kwang. Thank you, thank you.”

Yo Seob broke down in tears. He could not handle the pressure of the emotions that he has. He was feeling thankful, happy but guilty at the same time. Ki Kwang walk towards Yo Seob and hugged him. Ki Kwang was already in tears. All the other BEAST members were already in tears. They understand exactly how Yo Seob felt. To be turned down. They all knew it well. Being the “recycled” group, they know too well how it felt. Hurt. But the chance given to them was the hope that gave them strength to struggle. Struggle and prove that they are worthy of their place, worthy to be called as BEAST. Soon, all of them were on the floor hugging each other. When the tearing session was over, laughter filled the room. All of them were grateful that they were in a group. All of them. Jun Hyung was glad he met Hyun Seung. Ki Kwang was glad he met Dong Woon. And Yo Seob was glad he met Doo Jun. And they all were glad to have each other.

“But serious hyung, you looked so cute while eating. You looked like a starving pig with your cheeks stuffed with food and talking while chewing your food.”

#SMACK#

“One more time and I swear I’m going to stick a carrot in your !” Yo Seob said as he glared to Ki Kwang. They stared at each other then started to laugh.

“But serious Kwangie, THANK YOU and I’m very sorry for ignoring you.”

“I’ll forgive you if you promise me one thing,”

“What?”

“Stop thanking me and just live.”

“Okay, thanks.”

“YAH hyung!!!!”

Laughter filled the room again; the entire BEAST member decided to spend the night in the living room, talking until they were tired and fell asleep next to each other. Right before Yo Seob close his eyes and drift to dreamland, he muttered:

“Thank you Kwangie, for giving me a chance to live. For bringing Beast into my life, and for giving me the chance to meet Doo Jun. Thank you.”

~*~