Never Knew I Needed

Never Knew I Needed

He paces back and forth in the practice room after everyone had left. All that was going through his mind was… you. He had known you for a long time… actually since high school. Hitting it from the start, he had never failed to place a smile on your face. At first, he would’ve never thought he would ever fall so deep for you, but as time went by feelings changed.

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you, I had no choice over.

Ruffling his hair in frustration he looks at himself in the mirrors. No one was there, it was him and the practice room.

“____-ah, how long have we known each other?” He swallows hard and begins practicing what he should say. “Ever since I’ve meet you, I had never thought that I would have fallen so deeply for you, let alone become your best friend…” His eyes were closed but his lips formed a small smile. “But… I want to be more than that. I’ve already said that I’ve fallen so deep in love with you. You’ve been there for me every time I needed you. When I became the leader of VIXX, things became tough, but even then you were my shoulder to lean on. … All I’m asking now is… can I be yours? I want to protect you, be your man and give you everything you need…”

“Well, someone’s practicing for an acting career.” You walked in and commented.

He froze at the spot, his eyes opened only to see your reflection in the mirrors. You were beautiful in his eyes, hair tied in a bun, with a simple collar dress, accompanied with a thin cardigan. Lost at words he only stares at you.

“Hey oppa.” You cooed and waved. “So who’s the lucky girl?” You smiled and waited for a reply.

“…huh?” He blinks and shakes his head. “Oh… wait which parts did you hear?” He swallowed hard.

“Oh, I only heard your last line.” Nodding slowly you cross your arms waiting for him to reply.

His heart raced, he continues to look at you through your reflection on the mirror. He swallows hard again, he mumbles softly.

“Who?” You tilt your head trying your best to hear his repeat.

“You…” he whispers the second time before looking down from your reaction.

Your eyes widen, you stared at him. He… likes you… That means, he felt the same way after all? Biting your lip, you sighed in relief. Before you had thought he loved you as a sister, he never gave you the sign of being more. Tears welling up in your eyes, you walked over to him, hugging him from behind as you silently sobbed.

Hearing your sobs, his eyes widen, quickly turning to face you with his hands on your cheek. “Why are you crying?” He asks in a worried tone.

Lightly, you hit his chest and whines. “I thought you only saw me as a friend… it broke my heart a lot you know.”

He only hugs you closer after a moment of realizing what you had said. He was stupid for not noticing your intentions if he had looked back. His hands wraps securely around your waist. He smiles and restates his words with confidence.

“____-ah, we’ve known each other for a significantly long time... Ever since I’ve meet you, I had never thought that I would have fallen so deeply for you, let alone become your best friend, but knowing that you were always there for me made me happy. Thank you so much for your support and love. Today and on, I want to be the one to support you, protect you and most importantly love you. So… will, you be my girlfriend?”

Sniffing and wiping the last of your tears, you lift up your face to see his. You consciously move closer to him, soon your lips meet his. Surprised for a moment, he pulls you closer and kisses you back passionately. Sparks flew everywhere, love was definitely in the air. He pulls away once he had realized something.

Stuttering as he tries to catch his breath, “That… was your first ever kiss…” Smiling you only nod at his statement. He only chuckles and nods, a light smirk appearing on his lips. “Alright, I’ll take that as a yes then.”

“Please take care of my heart… or else your members will make you pay for it.” Smirking back at him, your arms wrapped around his neck.

Nodding, he pulls you into another breath taking kiss. Once he pulls away, he leans his forehead against yours and whispers sweetly to you. “I love you, ____. I love you so much.” He smiles charmingly.

You blushed slightly and smiled back. “And I love you too, Cha Hakyeon, so so much.” You leaned in and pecked his lips again.