P e r f e c t Moment

P e r f e c t Moment

P e r f e c t Moment


The hand in my little fist, that hand I am grabbing on. So gently, so softly, so… perfectly…

This is my moment; this is my perfect moment with you.

I curl my lips into a sweet smile as I see you standing right in front of me, with eyes close while picking up my hand composedly. I feel the warm tender feel on my hand as you leave a warm sensation tingling on my skin, with the responsiveness of the thumping movements from my heart. As if you could simply feel the rhythm of my heartbeat that travels through the vibrations of tiny molecules from my heart all the way to my tiny hand with my feet fidgeting nervously.

I look down shyly, cheeks fill with the colour that resembles the fruit, apple, but only to find it a bit lighter, a bit brighter, the colour that represents of how a love that has just began, the colour of how fresh ink that is not yet dried as a words fill up the spaces on the first page of a new chapter, the story about the two of us, the colour, baby pink.

My head did not last long in that position as you place your hands on my face, cupping it as you push up my face by lifting up my chin as the smile on your face disappear, instead, a look of sincerity, a look of earnestness, genuineness could be seen. I wish I could frame the look of your eyes. For that eyes are like telling me that I made the right choice, the rightest decision that I had ever made in my entire life.

I wish that I could forever live in this moment, as the temperature in me starts to rise. The sound of my pounding heart could be heard all around my body, the beats of my thumping heart could be felt all around me. The moment our lips touch, I could feel too, the same rhythm that comes from you. As if we are singing a sweet loving duet which the voices aren’t coming from our voice box, but our heart, the voices that came deep within our heart. It was as if the rhythm of our beating heart had perfectly synchronized with each other, tangling with each other, reaching out to you and to me.

I wish I could freeze time, the way I feel for you inside. I leave my eyes close as I could imagine you taking me to places that I thought I would never see, you are more than a shadow; that’s what I believe. Minute by minute, you’re the world to me. This is my perfect moment, this is what god means. This is my perfect moment, with you.

Gradually, we open our eyes as we just simply stare in the miscellaneous eyes of ours. I stare back at the eyes that whole heartedly belong to me, and now I could proudly say, I’ve been to paradise skies in your eyes. And for this moment, I could feel that the whole world is just revolving for only the two of us.

“Seungyeon.” The name that comes out from your voice seems to melt the heart that is pounding hard for you right now over and over again, like how ice is recycling its cycle of condensation and freezing through uncountable times.

“Marry me…” a tear slip through my eyes. The tear of joy and happiness, the tear that resembles the future that we would be having together as I could imagine the whole scene happening once again in thirty years’ time. But the only differences there will be are the few strands of white hair that grown within the silky hair of ours, that few wrinkles that will be showing up when we smile into each other’s eyes and the laughter of our children that will play along together with this rhythm from our heart.

“Marry me.” he states again, firmly and stronger this time. As if that is a command, an order that I simply have to follow.

I did not reply, only a movement from my head as I lift it gently and then looking down again, blushing ever so hardly as another tear slip through. Silly; of course I would. Even if that is a deadly curse, even if that is a horrendous disaster; I too will agree. Because for now what I am feeling, for now what I am following is not your order, not your command but simply making my wish come true; this is the day that I have been waiting for.

Before I know it, I find myself in his warmth embrace as I could no longer feel my feet touching the ground; he is swinging and turning me around within his strong arms. I could hear him shouting as he yells in happiness. Then, something holds hardly onto me on the fourth finger of my left hand. It is not a ring of burden, exhaustion or symbolizing the lost of freedom. That is a promise of where happiness would always lead me to, a place where love paradise is.

This is my moment; this is my perfect moment with you, my love, Lee Jinki.