Childhood Lovers : Hyoyeon & Jinki // Onew

Hello Kitty Cafe (Oneshot)

(Onew's POV]

I had just finished practicing with SME. I was still in my school uniform and I was dying of heat. I ed the first two buttons and loosened my tie. I set my bag down in the seat next to me. I waited quietly for my order when I heard singing.

As Time Goes By

Shiganiran nuguegena nurin aphumul juninji

Himdun haru sogedo nul ni senggagpunin nan

Nunmulmajodo malla ganunde

As time goes by nan guge duryoungol

Ni aneso naui modunge obdon iri deoelkabwa woo~

Nan gamumyon nul sonmyonghadon niga

Onusungan sarajilkabwa jongmal gobi nanun gol

I turned to look over at the both behind me. I saw shoulder length brown hair. The voice was still singing softly. I whipped my head around when the waiter came to her table with her order. I got a peek at her face. Brown eyes, high cheek bones, and a v-smile... V-smile?! Hyoyeon sunbae?!

"Hyoyeon sunbae?!" I said, getting the girl to turn around. It was Hyoyeon sunbae! I felt shocked and bowed my head quickly while hitting it against the seat at the same time. Hyoyeon got up and brought her stuff over to my booth. I looked up but she wasn't ACROSS from me she was sitting NEXT to me. I blushed as her worried face got closer to my flushed one. She moved my hands off my forehead and gently brushed her fingers over the spot where I bumped my forehead. I flinched away as some pain shot through my body. She frowned and firmly held my shoulders, pulling me closer. She started to softly blow my forehead. I felt my cheeks getting hotter as she smiled that v-smile.

"Yah gwenchana?" Hyoyeon sunbae asked me. I really wanted to drop the sunbae and just call her Hyoyeon but it would be rude.

"Gwenchayo." I replied and gave her one of my goofy smiles. She smiled back and I couldn't help but find myself looking at her lips. I quickly looked away after a few seconds.

"Onew-yah," She said my name. I turned to look at her, trying to control my blush. "Let's drop the honorifics and just call each other by our names."

"N-neh Hyoyeon." I said and nodded my head. I smiled. I liked to say her name without the sunbae part. It makes me feel closer to her in a way. I still had a small request though. "You can call me Jinki."

She smiled and nodded. "Neh Jinki." If I wasn't sitting next to her I would've passed out or starting celebrating. The way she said my name made me feel special.

"We'll be the closest in SME." She said. I -being the childish nineteen year old- held out my pinky to her.

"You swear?" I asked while pouting. She giggled and nodded, wrapping her smaller pinky around mine.

"I swear."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyoyeon wasn't lying. We were the closest to each other in SM. We'd smile, laugh, and hug on shows. We even got fans to think that we we're a couple. It wasn't awkward between us. We knew we weren't a couple but I liked thinking we were. On shows like Star King or Star Golden Bell I liked to joke and say we were dating before apologizing to the noona fans. It was even more fun to joke around when Hyoyeon was actually there. She'd blush and run over to where I was and cover my mouth. It was one day where Hyoyeon confronted me about it.

"Jinki you shouldn't joke around like that." Hyoyeon said and frowned a little.

"I'm only playing Hyoyeon." I said. I think I said something wrong there because she exploded, not literally but you get it. She was a mess of tears. I -being the childish twenty-one year old who didn't know what to do- stood there shocked. After a few seconds I took a step toward her. One step was all I needed to take to hug her. She cried in my arms for a few seconds before she pushed me away.

"Is that just fanservice for you?!" She yelled at me, her eyes filled with sadness and anger.

"Bw-" She cut me off.

"Is joking about us being a couple fanservice?!" She yelled-asked me. I stayed quiet. No, I thought. No it was never fanservice. I always wanted to confess but I always saw Hyoyeon with Eunhyuk hyung and it hurt. They were close than me and Hyoyeon on a different level.

"No!" I yelled back, not caring if I was being rude to the one person who taught me how to train. Who was there after I was scolded by my trainers. Who was always by my side. "It was never just fanservice!"

My own eyes were b with tears. "I was happy when fans commented we looked good together and we should be dating! I never once thought of it as a joke to hurt you! Saranghae... Back in our trainee days I've loved you."

I looked up from the floor to see Hyoyeon's shocked expression at my confession. "You were always next to me in shows so I took that as a 'she likes me back'. You don't know how much it hurt to find out you like someone else. I watched Strong Heart. You said you liked a person who can dance. I've always been denying it but I know you're talking about Eunhyuk hyung! So if you want to be happy with him. I support HyoHyuk. And we'll always be best friends!"

I ran out of the practice room crying, bumping into the wall as I ran out the door. Urgh why now must my sangtae choose to act up?! I thought as I recovered and ran down the hall, ignoring Hyoyeon calling out my name. Not Onew but Jinki.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was in my dorm with my SHINee members. On days like these that I thank manager hyung for giving me my own room. I ignored the soft knocking at my door. I pulled the covers over my head and sniffed, wiping away my tears. There was knocking again. I continued to ignore it and tried to sleep but the sun didn't help. Yes, it was one in the afternoon.

"Hyung," A soft voice said. I continued to ignore it, not wanting to talk to anyone right now. My bed started to shake a bit as someone sat on it. No avoiding them, I thought and pushed the covers away. I looked up to see Taemin. I gave a small smile. Of all people they send Taemin the maknae? I wondered.

"Hyung." He said again. I sat up and ruffled my hair.

"Neh?" I asked.

"Hyoyeon sunbae-nim is here," He said quietly. I shot out of bed and was glad Key had forced me to clean up. I opened the window to climb out. That is until the door slammed open. I gulped and turned around to see a furious Key and a sad smiling Hyoyeon behind him. I quickly tried to climb out but my sangtae got to me and I tripped on the window sill.

"Jinki!" Hyoyeon said, running over and pulling me back inside. Don't act like nothing happened, I thought bitterly. I couldn't stand to look Hyoyeon in the eyes anymore. She tugged me along, out the door and to a familiar special place.

"Table for two please." Hyoyeon kindly said to the waitress. The waitress led us to the table and I took a seat across Hyoyeon. She ordered for both of us.

"Two latte's and layered cakes please." Hyoyeon said. We sat there awkwardly waiting for our orders to come. I never once dared to look up. I would've turned into a crying mess. A hand rested on mine. I glanced up and then back down.

"Jinki," She said.

"Don't call my name like nothing happened," I said bitterly and pulled my hand away. Or at least I tried but she kept a firm grip on my hand.

"Jinki mianhae," She said. She reached over the table and put her hand under my chin, pulling my face up to look at hers. "I want to tell you why I exploded like that."

I kept quiet, urging her to continue.

"I exploded like that because I thought it was just a joke to you," She took a breath before continuing. "I fell in love with you after the first time we met here other than in the trainee room. That talk on Strong Heart was forced by my manager so we would gain a bit more popularity since mine is rising."

I felt my eyes stinging with tears. Not sad ones but happy ones. I took a seat next to her in the booth and hugged her close. She confessed, I thought. She likes me back.

"Jinki," I looked into her eyes lovingly and smiled. In a long while I smiled.

"May I kiss you?" I asked shyly. She giggled and nodded. I leaned down and softly pressed my lips to hers in a chaste but sweet kiss. After a minute we pulled away, smiling like goofballs. The waitress came with our orders. We smiled and gladly ate the treats.

"This is our couple spot and our favorite snack." She said. I nodded and wrapped a protective arm around her waist. Jakiya, no scratch that. Yeobo, saranghae <3

~~~

Ninnie's Corner :

So I did HyOnew's oneshot first xD

Next I'll do Ae's & then Nina's :)

What do you guys think about the oneshot?

About HyOnew? ^^

Did I make you guys ship HyOnew? XDDD

Well tell me what you liked // disliked.

Enjoy, Comment, & Subscribe :DDD <3