The day I found out my friend was a backstabbing

The Scar

 

 

Today was the day me and my friend Soomin were suppose to rehearse our parts for our little skit we made up for the talent show. I was walking around in the courtyard to look for her as I already look everywhere else. I finally spotted her under a tree holding some guy’s hands. I walked closer because I couldn’t see that clear. I forgot to wear my glasses. As I walked closer, I knew who it was. It was my crush, Kevin. I felt a tight knot in my heart. It hurt really bad to see my best friend with the guy I’ve liked since last year. I told her I liked him too. I felt my warm tears fall on my cheeks and slowly falling on the papers I was holding. I dropped everything, and stood there frozen. Soomin turned around and saw that it was me.

“This isn’t what it looks like Jiyeon.” She tried explaining.

“I trusted you.” After I said that I ran away. On the other hand, Kevin was just standing there while Soomin was running to try to find me. Kevin’s best friend Eli came to bring him to the hideout.I ran home my tears staining my cheeks. When I got home I unlocked my house because I knew she was trailing behind me. I went inside and ran in my room before my parents could ask me what happened. That night I kept thinking why she would do this to me. But what I know for sure is that Soomin left a scar on me. One that will not fade away.