Chapter one

Piledriver Waltz

   Taemin woke up, sprawled out on the couch, to the dull light of the TV. Past the TV was the open patio.

 

   He watched the curtain sway in the wind. He watched the boy sitting on the base of the patio. He saw his dangling feet, his blank expression. Taemin stared at him. Studying him. Finally, he walked over slowly, not bothering to turn off the TV. Placing himself right next to the other boy, he dangled his feet all the same. 

   It must have been at least an hour before Minho looked at him, proceeding to place his hand on Taemin's.

  "You're not going to leave, right?"

   Taemin stared at him. Minho has been having a hard time, he knew that. The company was pressuring him, he didn't have time to see his family. Yet he didn't know he thought about things like this. 

   Taemin layed down and put his hands behind his head. Then he spoke.

   "No, no. Of course not. Don't think like that. How could I leave?" 

   "True. You signed a contract with SM. Looks like you're stuck with me," Minho said in an attempt to lighten the mood.

    Hearing that, Taemin became defensive. His usual timid and child-like manner dissappeared. "What the hell, Minho. Seriously? I'll stay with you even after the contract is over. If you were kicked out, I'd ing get kicked out, too... If I were kicked out, I'd try my all to get back in. To be somewhere near you. Stop it. I know you're upset right now, but I need you to know that I can't leave you." 

   It was quiet. Taemin opened his eyes to find Minho staring at him with tears running down his cheeks. He perked up, wiping his face with his sleeves and kissing the tears away. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. Come, here I'm sorry," he said comfortingly as he helled him, rocking back and forth. Minho went into hysterics, soaking Taemin's shirt. Little words like, 'I love you,' 'I'm sorry,' and 'Stay' escaped his quivering lips.

   After an hour, things calmed down. It was 3 AM, but neither of them felt tired. The cold tile of the balcony felt nice, as did the slight breeze. They were cuddled up, laying on the floor, looking at the stars, and talking. Talking about everything. The future (how they were going to be old men together), the other members, the only other couple that they knew in the K-pop industry who were also secretly a gay couple (Amber Liu from f(x)- Minho had sensed she may have been a little queer, but didn't want to base anything on stereotypes- and Jia Meng from Miss A). They talked about God and gods, food, dates, everything.

   By 5 AM, just as the sun was coming up, the were about to fall asleep. Minho lifted his head from Taemin's chest and kissed him on the lips, softly. He wasn't just content, he was happy.