Chapter 8

Mission: Vampire Mafia

 

 

 

 

We set off, to see Hangeng. Seems like the perfect opportunity to get my plan going, right? Well, as we walked down the long corridors and stairs, my resolve started to disappear.

I felt that something bad was going to happen; …I wasn’t scared for myself (though I know I should be), I was scared for the vampire whose hand was still gripping hard onto mine, even when we had stopped at what seemed to be the meeting room.

“Are you going to be okay...?” I asked worriedly.

“Why are you asking me that? I’m the vampire here; it’s me who should make that question. Let’s go” He replied, letting go of my hand and opening the door.


(KYUHYUN’S POV)

I don’t remember how long it’s been.

A week?

A month?

It could have been a year.

Time in this cell… in this prison, doesn’t seems to exist. The same rusty bars, the dirty and dusty floor and then, there’s me. I feel like I’ve been here for an eternity, I know every corner of this cell better than myself.

Some days ago, Sooyoung came by.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, she was really there! Had they captured her too? Had she taken up a dangerous mission that involved this family? All sorts of thoughts ran through my head in that short moment I saw her, the girl I had quietly loved for years.

That event had disrupted everything I had known for the time I had spent here. It gave me some kind of hope. Enough to decide to do everything I could to get us out of here.

“Hey Sooyoung, that night… do you still remember? I told you I’d protect you and that I’d avoid putting you in danger…”

Danger …

Even if –


 

“How nice of you to finally show up! I thought you had forgotten what I told you earlier on, Jae.”

“Of course I wouldn’t forget. The girl here got me a bit sidetracked… Plus, she’s really slow”

“Is that so? What were you doing?” Hangeng asked. As he asked this question, I knew I had to react quickly to be able to put my plan into action. I couldn’t waste any time.

“We were-“

“I was just telling him how I wanted to talk to you. It’ll be good news” I said, hoping everything would turn out right.

“Good news? Surprise me then” he said, leaning back into the chair he was sitting on, looking like the mafia boss he was.

“What if…” I started, giving small steps towards him “… we get to an agreement? You know, it’d be a win-win situation”

He just looked at me for a moment and then started laughing.

Laughing.His.Head.Off.

“An agreement? With me? You surely are stupid, woman” He said standing up.

In an instant, I was pinned to the wall, the impact knocking the air out of me.

“Do you think you’re in place to think of an agreement? Or to think for that matter? I suppose you know where you are, yes?” He said; his voice menacingly sweet.

I could only nod, his hand was gripping my throat and it was difficult to breathe, let alone talk.

“Doesn’t seem like it” He whispered in my ear, inhaling deeply. I felt a chill run through me, remembering what he did to me the first day here.

Trying to get distracted, I saw Jaejoong leaning on the opposite wall. He had an unreadable expression; he seemed cold and very much like any other vampire here.

Hangeng then sat back again and gestured for me to sit opposite him, which I did warily.

“You’re lucky I need a human right now. I’m dealing with someone and I want you to do something. You’ll go tomorrow night to SM annual ball to seduce and get drunk the CEO Lee Soo Man; then, Rain will do the rest”

“Who’s Rain?” I asked.

“I am Rain” a deep voice answered. My back was facing the door and I turned around.

I saw a vampire, but he was different.

I somehow could feel it.


 

A/N:

As promised! The update is here! Yay! New appeareance :) A dazzling hot vampire ;)

Read and Review please!

Now I'll be updating every friday around this time.  In my country it's 7 pm, I'm from Venezuela. Where are you guys from? (: