Just a Day In the Park (part 1)

Day In the Park

 

Juhan was walking her dog to the park. It was a breezy yet warm autumn day. She wore a nice, warm coat and a scarf. She was also wearing leggings and some comfy boots. In one hand was her dog's leash and in the other was her favorite book of all times, "The Alchemist" by “the wonderful Paulo Coelho” as she liked to phrase it. As much as she read it, this book never got old for her. She enjoyed the cool autumn breeze crushing her face. The exotic colors of the trees’ leaves always excited her and she loved the sound of the leaves crunching underneath her feet. She just loved autumn with all its perks.

It was a beautiful day and kids were playing around as if it was summer. Mothers went out with their babies for a stroll, other elders just jogged together. Some teenagers even held hands romantically as they walked around the lake.

She wasn't the type of person who liked going out much, but her parents weren't home and her husky, Ray, seemed anxious to go out. Juhan took her leash and decided to walk him around this park that was only two blocks away from her house. Besides, she felt lonely in the huge, empty house.

Suddenly, Ray barked and randomly started running. Juhan screamed at this as the strength of her mighty husky pulled her away to where they were just calmly walking by. This made her book fall out of her hands and she screamed.

“My book~!” she cried

Juhan soon forgot about the book, thinking she could easily buy a new one since right now she had a bigger problem. She tried to run as fast as he could but she couldn’t. She was basically been dragged by her own dog which was sort of embarrassing for her since everyone she passed would stop what they were doing to stare at the circus act. She’d scream a few “Excuse me”’s and “I’m sorry”’s as she ran with her dog. She finally found that her dog had made a stop and sighed in relief. But that sigh didn’t last long as a gasp soon found its way out of after she realized she was going to crash right on the lake. She tried to stop her dog but it was already too late.

“AHHHH!”

She fell face down to the lake. There were probably more sounds around the park like birds chirping, squirrels talking, leaves rustling, or even the wind blowing. But all Juhan could hear was the humiliating laughter that everyone around her gave off. At that moment, for all she knew, the small creatures that lived in the park could be laughing along with the crowd of people. She looked at her dog with the biggest glare she had ever given someone but Ray just wailed its tail and stuck his tongue out happily as if mocking her.

Juhan grumpily took his leash and stood up. She got out of the lake and squeezed her shirt, trying to get some water out of it. She felt a tap on her shoulder. She breathed in and tried to stay calm and collected. She turned around to see the most beautiful pair of dark brown eyes she had ever seen in her entire life. The boy’s hair fell down perfectly as if God had brushed his hair that morning. He had the cutest smile Juhan had ever seen in her entire life which for some strange reason reminded her of tofu. He looked soft as tofu as well. Her eyes widened but the boy’s smile only became bigger.

“H-Hi, pretty lady.. I mean! Miss!” the boy stuttered

Juhan looked down to catch her breathe. She had really lost her breathe just by staring at him. She looked back up and tried to calm the boiling blood that was rising in her cheeks. She nodded as if to tell him to continue.

“I happen to notice your little.. scene” he said nervously

“I think the entire park did” Juhan giggled at how nervous he was.

“Mianhae.. But I also noticed your book had fallen and I thought you might want it back” the boy said handing the book to her.

“Oh~!” Juhan smiled brightly “Thank you”

The boy bowed and started walking away.

“Wait!” Juhan yelled and ran up to him. “I didn’t quite catch your name”

“My name’s Jinki” he bowed

“Juhan” Juhan stretched out her free hand and Jinki shook it.

“Why don’t you come and walk with me? It’s a lovely day to be spending it alone” Juhan said

“That sounds great” Jinki smiled

"Great" Juhan smiled back