Hidden Smile

Hidden Smile

I look down at the angel that was leaning her head against my chest as she snuggles up closer to me. Her arms wriggle around my waist, securing it tightly around my figure. I smiled looking at her antics as she looks up to me and gave me her sweet smile.

Leaning down, I gave her a slight peck on the lips and her cheeks instantaneously turn pink. Even after being together for slightly more than a year, every little kiss that I give her would lead her blushing.

Chuckling at her, I ruffled her hair, bringing her closer to me as we cuddled up on the sofa in her house.

I look up at the clock that was on the wall and was shocked to see the time. It’s nearly midnight. I was supposed to be back at the dorm around half an hour ago. I hope manager hyung didn’t noticed it and let me pass this one time.

“Jiyoon-ah, I.. uhm.. I have-“

“You have to go now oppa?” Jiyoon cut me off before I get to finish my sentence.

I silently nodded my head, feeling bad for not getting to spend a lot of time with her.

“Gwenchana oppa, I’m fine. You don’t have to worry,” she brightly cheered me up.

The both of us get up from the sofa, walking towards the front door. As I was about to pick up my backpack, I heard the front door open and shuffling of feet can be heard.

“Yoonie, who is it?” I asked her, half shouting, while picking up my bag.

“Saengil Chukahamnida, saengil chukahamnida, saranghaneun Jung Taekwoon, Saengil chukahamnida!” I turned around to find all the 5 members of VIXX and manager hyungs singing happy birthday to me.

“Happy Birthday Taekwoon hyung!” “Happy Birthday Leo!” “Saengil Chukahae hyung!”

The shouts from the members and manager hyungs deafen my ear. I just gave them a small smile, not knowing what to say and how to express my feelings. It has always been like this for me but after Jiyoon enter my life, it became better. I learn how to express my heart and say words that I was not used to say. Though sometimes I have to admit, old habits die hard.

“Saengil Chukahae Oppa..” Jiyoon came up to me, a cake with candles lit on, on her hand.

She walks up to me and told me to make a wish and blow the candle.  Following the cheers of my fellow members, manager hyungs and Jiyoon, I blow out the candle after making my wish.

To be by the side of my love ones all the time.

Claps and whining, from the maknae especially, to cut the cake since I can sense that they are quite hungry.

Jiyoon place the cake on top of the dining table and I cut them up before distributing to everyone that was in the room.

I grab a plate of cake last and sat at the table, overlooking at the people that was here to celebrate my birthday. I smiled unknowingly, appreciating their efforts to come down here just to wish me. I knew Jiyoon was the mastermind behind all these. She always wanted me to celebrate my birthday in these manner.

“OH! LEO HYUNG JUST SMILED WIDELY!” Hyuk cried out, breaking me out from my thoughts.

The rest of the members just laugh and commented on what I just did. I laugh slightly with them, getting used to this response.

It’s not that I don’t always smile, it’s just that I find no reason to smile. Only when I met Jiyoon, then did I know what it means to smile sincerely. Eversince then, I’ve been smiling slightly more than I used to.

Even more after I debuted.

The members just like to exaggerate whenever I smiled or laughed, especially in front of the cameras or the fans. I used to not smile in front of the camera but somehow I started to be caught smiling and laughing off guard on camera.

The fans love me for being real. I guess I was real.

“Yah, I smile often okay.” I chided Hyuk.

“If you say smiling once a day often Taek-ah” N hyung replied back, making the others chuckled.

I fake being upset and the members poke fun at me again. I chuckled slightly because these five guys in front of me are just too funny. I guess they are one of the reasons I broke out of my shell too.

“Oppa, it’s nice to see you smile and laugh with your members” Jiyoon suddenly came up to me, sitting next to me.

“But it’s better if my smile were because of you..”  I whispered out the last part, but I guess Jiyoon managed to catch hold of it, kissing me lightly on my cheek.

The act was caught by the members and manager hyungs and they started to wolf-whistle, teasing me about it.

“Ah, cruel world. My dongsaeng found love before me. Harsh life.” N hyung sighed out loud.

We only manage to laugh at N hyung, not knowing what to reply.

Though it’s true on what he said. Among the members, I was the only one with a girlfriend. But even that was a secret to the management and the fans. Only the members, manager hyungs, my family and some of our close celebrity fans know about it.

I find it really hard not to tell the whole world my perfect angel girlfriend, but Jiyoon herself wanted me to keep it a secret and not to tell anyone.

She said she didn't want to make my life any harder than it already is considering the fact that we got together during my trainee years and she's worried that it will affect my condition to debut soon.

I told manager hyungs and the members about our relationship only after debut. At first manager hyungs were angry and the members were hurt that I didn’t trust them enough to confide with them about this secret, but after understanding my situation both parties accepted my relationship and promised to keep it a secret.

Dating Jiyoon after debut was much harder than during my trainee period. Our schedule was packed and I could at most meet her twice or sometimes even once a week. And our date will only be for an hour or so before I’ll get a call from manager hyungs to come home or go for the next schedule.

“Taek-ah, it’s time to go home. You guys have schedule early morning tomorrow!”

See what I mean.

Oh well, this is just one of the things that I have to go through to live my dream.

I picked up my bag while the rest of the members and managers went out.

Walking slowly towards the door, my hand hold on tightly to Jiyoon’s shoulder.

“I’ll come and visit you soon okay? We’ll go for our next date as soon as my schedule is cleared arraseo?” I look at Jiyoon straight into her eyes.

“Ah, oppa, gwenchana. Your job is more important now. Plus you do remember that I’m currently working on my final year project right? Getting your calls and texts is enough oppa..” Jiyoon smiled sweetly, ensuring me that she will be fine.

Even if she ensures me a thousand times, I still feel as though I’ve failed as her boyfriend because we can’t meet up often.

“Arasseo. Take care, eat your meals on time and sleep properly okay? Don’t fall sick. I mean that Lee Jiyoon.” Reminding her sternly.

“I’m supposed to say that to you oppa. The last time I check you were the one who was hospitalised because of over-working.” She backfired me with her comment.

“Yah, that was different. Go in and sleep okay?”

“Ara ara. Go now, the members are waiting.”

I bent down giving Jiyoon a tight and final hug, kissing her lips before bidding her goodbye.

“Saengil Chukahae oppa. Saranghae Jung Taekwoon oppa,” Jiyoon wished me for the last time that day, her cheeks blushing slightly.

“Nado Yoonie. Saranghae Jiyoon, jaljjayo..”kissing her one last time on the forehead and starting to walk down the staircase, turning around for the last time to see my beautiful angel face.

Lee Jiyoon, you really are an angel. An angel that was sent from the heaven t me. Making me smile, teaching me how to express those surpress feelings in me.

Letting me show the hidden smile in me to the world.