The Picture.

The Picture.

“What are you staring at?”

“Oh, nothing.”

“Then why are you smiling like an idiot?”

After moments of silence, Kibum grew impatient. Curious, he tried to snatch the photo from Jonghyun. Irritated but still smiling, Jonghyun said-

“What the- “

“What are you looking at? Can’t I at least see what’s in the picture?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because…..?”

“Just because……”, Jonghyun trailed off while blushing, but the older didn’t notice.

“Jesus why does it take you so long? There’s no harm in telling me what the picture consists of.”

“ Well….. if you wanna see it then go get it!” Kibum ran but Jonghyun was too fast.

“YAH! What’s up with you?!” Panting, he gave up. Ugh, that puppy. It’s just a picture anyway… what harm could it bring? With that, Kibum let it slide off.

____

During dinner, Jonghyun noticed that Kibum wasn’t talking.. at all. Ever since he ran off from the taller, he became silent. The nagging diva ain’t nagging? Well.. how ironic. The other members also noticed this, but once they saw Jjong looking at his direction from time to time, they chose not to bring the topic up.

Is he THAT bothered? Goodness, what have I done. I think I need to do something.. but what?

After dinner, Jonghyun helped piling up the dishes and put them beside the sink. “Hey, let me do the dishes. Go watch the movie with them,”, Jonghyun offered. The taller was surprised that this lazy was actually offering him to do the chores, but he chose not to talk to him and went to the living room where his bandmates were. What in the world is wrong with him? It’s just a picture…. Why is he so disturbed?

“Kibum-ah, are you okay? You seem so distracted…. and you seem like you’re not your usual self. Are you sick?” Jinki asked as he used the back of his hand to check if Kibum’s sick. “No, I’m fine. What are we watching?”, Kibum asked, trying to sound interested. “I don’t know… the maknae wants to watch some horror movies.. but Minho’s not really in the mood to watch horror movies. What do you think?”, Jinki questioned. “No I’m fine, guess I’m just really sleepy. I’ll just be in my room if anything happens, arraso?”

“Okay. Good night then,”

“Good night Key-umma, sleep well!”

“Good Night!”

After a few minutes, Jonghyun came to the living room. “Where’s Kibum-ah?”

“In his room. What’s happening to him? Is he alright? He said he’s sleepy,”, Jinki answered.

“I’ll check on him.. good night hyung, good night Minho-ah and Taemin-ah”, Jonghyun replied while faking a yawn.

“Good night guys,”

He heard them said their own good night’s and went straight to Kibum’s room.

Knock knock

There was no answer.

“Kibum-ah? May I come in?”

He waited but there was no reply. “Anyways, I’m coming in okay,”

He twisted the bedroom door and came inside. He made sure the door was closed and made his way beside the bed and sat.

“Hey, I know you’re not sleeping yet, and I really wanted- no, needed to talk to you..”, Jonghyun started. He started to pull the covers but the older had a tight grip on them. Oh God, help me.

Realizing that Kibum would not let him, he started again, “Okay. Just…. Please listen to me.” Breathe in, breathe out. “I’m sorry.. I guess I’m a real jerk for not showing the picture to you, or at least telling you what’s in it…. I’m sorry…” Jesus, this is even harder than I thought. Please talk to me Kibum…. The silence kills me. Can’t he ju-

A sound stopped his trail of thoughts. Did he…... Is he crying??

Sniff sniff

“Hey… please talk to me..”, Jonghyun slowly tried to pull the covers, and this time it slid. What he saw next made his heart drop. Kibum’s face was pinkish in color, and his eyes were red. His eyes were still darted to the ground. He couldn’t look at him. Jonghyun cupped his face and made him look straight into Jonghun’s eyes. “Hey.. I’m sorry…. Please… just stop crying. I guess I’ll just leave you and talk to you tomorrow… goodnight”, Jonghyun started to get up and walk towards the door, but Kibum grabbed his wrist and made him sat back down to the bed.

“Uhm….”, Kibum got up and touched his stained cheeks. “It isn’t your fault… maybe I’m just over reacting…. Sorry, I’m just really tired and I have other problems and-”

“Shh, it’s fine. Go sleep,” Jonghyun smiled and led him back to his previous position.

“Jonghyun-ah, can you sleep with me tonight?”

“H-huh? W-wh-what?”, Jonghyun was now wide-eyed. A pink shadow was creeping to his cheeks.

“Sleep beside me? Just for tonight?”

“O-okay…”, Kibum scooted to the side and made space for Jonghyun, while the older made his way underneath the covers.

Kibum turned to his side and made Jonghyun’s chest his pillow. Why is he acting so.. different today?, Jonghyun thought.

Jonghyun was just staring at the ceiling and he was about to close his eyes. When he was about to take off to dream land, what he heard next totally did not approve of letting him sleep.

“Jonghyun-ah….”, he felt Kibum gulp and he stiffened, as if knowing what would happen next, “I like you…”

WHAT????? Did I hear him right? Am I already dreaming? But what the-

“YAH! Did you hear me?”, the diva asked, in his own diva tone.

“I-I’m not quite sure if I heard you right……” Jonghyun’s heart was probably beating loud right now, and definitely Kibum could hear/feel it.

“I said.. I like you..”

Good Lord, I am really dreaming.

“DO I HAVE TO REPEAT WHAT I SAID? Hey you little puppy, you can ju-“

The next thing he knew Jonghyun had silenced him by pressing his lips to his own. A move the diva did not expect. He expected Jonghyun walking out on him, breaking their friendship, or probably even both, but definitely, most definitely, not this one.

When Jonghyun pulled away, the said man slowly opened his eyes and smiled. The younger still stared at him with eyes wide open.

“What? Do I have dirt on my face?”, Jonghyun asked, and Kibum swore he could see how Jonghyun tried to hide his smirk.

“You…. You just…” - a sentence Kibum never finished.

“Yeah…. I just did. Any complains?” Jonghyun grinned teasingly.

“Uhm.. no,” Kibum curled and he hid his face so that the other won’t see his flushed face. They stayed in that position for a couple of minutes, until Kibum finally gathered all his courage to ask,

“Care to tell me what’s in the picture?”

It was now Jonghyun’s turn to blush and he asked, “Why don’t you just look and see?” Jonghyun got up and walked to his room. After about two minutes, he was back at the room and handed Kibum the picture and ran back to his room while shouting, “I’ll just sleep with you next time!! Good Night, Jagiya!!!!”

Kibum smiled as he realized what Jonghyun had called him, but this smile vanished as soon as he saw the picture.

OH. MY. GOD.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mat0keJgQC1r3e5fvo1_1280.jpg