Episode 11

The Arrogant Couple


EPISODE 11


Siwan’s POV

My head is in a mess right now. Either because it’s too stuffy in here.. or because I just can’t seem to fit in with these happy people.

Well I tried to smile, laugh and do whatever it takes to overcome the awkwardness and pressure I was going through.

When I try to laugh at whatever everyone else was laughing at, be it at Heechul’s cheesiness or Kwanghee’s comical voice, no sound would come through.

When something’s funny or worth laughing, people would feel ticklish inside of them and start laughing. But for me, I felt so stiff and uncomfortable that I couldn’t even pretend to be laughing along.

“Excuse me,” I said softly before going out of my seat. I didn’t thought that anyone would hear me or actually cared enough to ask me where I was going so I went off anyways.

I went straight into the balcony and then closed the sliding glass door, to block out the loud chattering the rest were making.

‘Woongjae, why are you running away again? She’s in there, just talk to her. You will never get another chance like this again,’ Either my brain is freezing because it’s too cold out here or I’m hearing things.

Yes of course I want to talk to Taeyeon but.. I don’t want to embarrass myself either. What if my voice cracked or I accidentally spill some water on her?

Aish, I guess I’ll just take Heechul’s words. I better just stay out here since it’s getting cramp in there anyways.

---

Heechul’s POV

“So you were saying, sweetie?” I smiled at Sooyoung because she had something to say.

“Maybe I should save this part for later. For now, I wanna embarrass Jessica unnie!!” She exclaimed.

“Bwo?” Jessica looked at Sooyoung with an eyebrow raised.

“Yes, oppa you wanna know what Jessica unnie does at home?” She giggled and looked at the rest of the girls mischievously.

“Chullie-ah~ Are you hungry? Oh~ You’re sleepy? You can sleep on my bed~ Oh yes, you can~ *cute noises*” She was acting out something but I couldn’t really make it out.

“Hahaha, that’s cute Sooyoung, but oppa doesn’t know what you’re talking about,” I laughed. Then I looked at Jessica with a huge grin, “Well, what is she talking about, Sica?”

“Nothing! Sooyoung, you better shut up or else..” Jessica blushed and glared at Sooyoung.

“Oh Chullie~ You got yourself dirty! Let me wash you~ Scrub-a-dub-dub~” Sooyoung continued on, this time playing with imaginary toys in her hands.

‘Chakaman.. Toys.. Aha! The cow I gave her on our first meeting!’ I thought cleverly to myself.

“You named it, Chullie?” I smiled widely at Jessica.

“Named what Chullie?” She pretended not to know.

“You named our special toy after me?” I smiled even wider.

“Pfft… Well, I’m hungry, let’s eat,” She immediately stuffed with food. I continued staring at her with a warm smile. She’s so cute when she’s embarrassed.

“What are you looking at?” She covered with her hand and glared at me.

“Nothing,” I chuckled but still continued staring at her with a smile.

“You’re weird,” She rolled her eyes but her face turned even redder.

---

Sunny’s POV

Why is Jessica so lucky? Heechul oppa is totally devoted to her. Look at the way he’s smiling to himself just by staring at her eating.

I know it’s the wrong thing to do because Heechul oppa probably likes Jessica, but he deserves someone who likes him back too. Someone like me.

“Oppa, aren’t you hungry?” I asked him so as to break his attention from Jessica.

“Hmm? What did you say?” He turned and looked at me. I was a little dispirited as I asked him that question so loudly, yet he didn’t catch it. Probably because he was too indulge in whatever Jessica was doing.

“Erm.. Oppa, let me feed you,” I was about to shove some food into his mouth but he simply back off from it, “It’s okay, Sunny. Oppa isn’t very hungry, why don’t you eat it?”

“But..” I pouted, how could he refuse me feeding him?

“Then I’m not hungry either,” I placed my chopticks down and folded my arms.

“Aww, don’t be like that, Sunny~ Please eat,” He pouted too and made a begging gesture with his hands, “Eat for oppa?”

“Okay~ How can I say no to that face?” I giggled. Seriously, I couldn’t say no to him.

“Feed me? Please? Chullie wants some food~” He immediately turned to Jessica and aegyo-ed at her.

NO! Go eat your own food~” Jessica groaned and looked away from his face.

I could feel my blood boiling but I simply tried to ignore it.

“Noona, the plate is gonna break if you keep stabbing it,” Dongjun held my hand to stop me from whatever I was doing, “Ah… Yes, yes.. I was just thinking of something.”

---

Taeyeon’s POV

“Kwanghee, where did Siwan oppa go off to?” I asked.

“Hmm I don’t know~ Maybe he went to the toilet??” He answered me cheerfully and continued eating.

Honestly, I noticed Siwan going out from his seat and mumbling something softly. But I was too shy to ask him where he was going.

“Oh, Siwannie hyung. He’s missing,” Heechul suddenly spoke up with his head held high, looking around for his hyung.

“Well, it’s about time you noticed,” I accidentally said it out loud which accompanied my annoyed expression.

“Oh, and you did?” He grinned as he replied me.

“What? Were you talking to me or something?” I looked up at Heechul and pretended as if I had no idea what he was talking about.

“Oh right~ I get it~” He winked and pointed at me.

“I think he went to the toilet~” Kwanghee replied to him instead, “Oh.. I see. Why’s he taking so long in there though? I’ll go check on him.”

Just then, I noticed a small figure at the balcony. The glass doors were misty so I couldn’t really make out whom it is but I’m pretty sure I know whom.

“Excuse me, I need to get some air,” I smiled and got off my seat.

“Yeah, it’s getting stuffy in here. I told you guys some of you have to stay outside~” Heechul snickered. Maybe Siwan actually took Heechul’s words for real, geez I’m gonna kill that dwip.

*glares at Heechul*

“Okay, okay. Just go to the balcony.. Need me to accompany you? Hehe,” Heechul chuckled.

“I’ll be fine,” I smiled sarcastically at him.

---

Junyoung’s POV

Geez Heechul that flirt, I can see why Jessica doesn’t like him. If I were her husband, I’d treat her with respect and keep my eyes only on her.

We, ZE:A, have to suffer going through all those harsh treatment and comments from anti-fans and this is what he’s been up to?

The only thing he’s gonna get is.. a divorce! Maybe..

“You got something against Heechul too, don’t you?” YoonA looked at me, holding her chopsticks in mid-air.

“Oh no, no. It’s nothing like that~ Please enjoy your meal,” I smiled at her. Was I making it obvious?

“Yes.. you were making it obvious,” She replied me instantly.

“Are you…” I moved my head closer to her and whispered softly, “A psychic or something?”

“No, silly. I’m just good at reading people’s expression,” She chuckled.

“Hey! You laughed.. so you’re not a robot after all,” I joked. Both of us laughed a little and softened down our laughter while looking into each other’s eyes.

“You look so pretty when you laugh like that,” I smiled as I looked at her.

“Thanks,” She smiled shyly.

“So what were we talking about again?” I asked without wiping the smile off my face.

“About having something against Heechul…” She smiled back at me.

“Yah yah yah, what are you two smiling at??” Kwanghee hyung interrupted us with his loud annoying voice.

Both YoonA and I made an annoyed expression and sighed. We were having some kind of magical moment until Kwanghee hyung came in and destroyed it.

---

Kevin’s POV

While we were eating, I noticed that Tiffany had been occasionally taking short glances at me. To my surprise, I’d catch her doing it every time.

“Sica, just look at them both. They’re flirting with their eyes, isn’t that cute?” I overheard Heechul talking to Jessica. It made me chuckle hearing that.

“Why are you laughing?” Tiffany asked me. She probably didn’t hear Heechul then.

“Nothing.. Well, did you hear that?” I asked her.

“Hear what?” She looked at me with a cute expression on her face.

“That buzzing noise, I don’t know what’s making it but it’s getting really annoying,” I chuckled at my joke, obviously I was referring to Heechul.

“Oh.. I can’t hear anything with the loud chattering, especially coming from Heechul oppa,” She giggled.

“Exactly,” I laughed, “Anyways, how’s your leg? Is it better?”

“Erm, it’s okay. I can walk but I can’t go on stage anytime soon,” She pouted her lips.

“I see, that’s really sad. You should’ve gotten some rest instead of coming here,” I pouted a little too.

“But then I wouldn’t have met you.. I mean, I can’t let the rest of the girls have all the fun! When they tell me stories about today, I’m gonna get all jealous,” She replied nervously.

---

Sooyoung’s POV

I looked around and seem like almost everyone had a partner. A moment ago, we were all awkward but now, everyone’s talking with each other like as if we’ve been friends for so long.

“Heechul oppa, you wanna know another secret?” I asked for his attention again since nobody is paying any attention to me.

“I’ll have to ask my lovely wife for permission first,” He chuckled. But as he was about to turn his body to face Jessica, I interrupted him.

“No, this time it isn’t her secret,” I laughed as I looked at Sunny.

“Bwo? Why are you looking at me?” Sunny blushed. I smiled cheekily at her before taking a deep breath.

“Don’t!! I’ll tell him myself!” She squealed, “Oppa, I really like you! Omo, I said it. I said it!”

“Ah.. Okay, so what’s the secret?” Heechul laughed as he tickled her cheek. Sometimes I think he treats her more like a pet than a human being.

So I guess he probably knew all along that Sunny had a crush on him. Well, but that’s not the secret I was gonna reveal.

“Actually, the secret is..” I paused for suspense, “Sunny dyed her hair blonde just like Jessica’s so that you would like her instead! BAHAHAHA!”

“HAHAHAHA!” Unexpectedly, instead of Heechul bursting out in laughter, Jessica was the one laughing so hard.

“Seriously? You try too hard, Sunny~” She sighed with a smile.

“What’s that suppose to mean!!” Sunny looked a little taken aback by Jessica’s cold words.

“Relax, Sunny. I like you just the way you are,” Heechul smiled at Sunny and also using his body to block her from clawing Jessica.

“Really? You like me?” Sunny began to blush and giggled to herself again. Bleh.. This is getting weird. Jessica’s not even paying any attention to them, haha.

---

Sunny’s POV

“Yes, in the matter of fact, I LOVE YOU! I love you like a fat boy loves cake!” Heechul hugged me.

“I love you too, oppa!” Involuntarily, I kissed him on his lips, “Omo oppa, I’m so sorry!!”

“No, it’s okay. I liked it.. I liked it a lot..” He had a y voice and an intense stare. Slowly, he moved his head towards me again and kissed my lips even harder.

“Hello? Sunny, are you okay?” Suddenly I snapped out of my imagination. What the..

“You were staring at blank space, haha, you okay?” Heechul chuckled as he pat my cheek twice.

“Erm.. yeah… Did you just kiss me?” I didn’t know why my mouth asked him that but it did.

“What kiss? What?” Jessica suddenly looked at me sharply.

“I don’t know what she’s talking about either..” Heechul laughed and continued eating.

---

Siwan’s POV

I was staring at the Moon and feeling down because there were no stars tonight. Suddenly the glass door slid open. Immediately, I turned my head and my heart literally skipped a beat.

“Taeyeon sunbaenim,” My voice was squeaky and it cracked as I ended my greeting.

“Hi.. Siwan,” She used an informal tone instead, letting me know that she wants to be friends.

“Hi..” I said softly.

“Such a beautiful night, you weren’t planning to be selfish and not letting me know about it right?” She smiled. It’s like she always knows the right things to say.

I quickly turned my head left and right instead of verbally answering her. I was afraid that my voice would crack again.

“You don’t talk much, do you? It’s no wonder you left the crowd back there,” She sighed as she stood next to me, staring at the Moon.

“What about you..? Aren’t you gonna be missed in there..?” I summed up my courage to at least say a few words.

“Me? Missed in there.. or missed out here?” She smiled at me. I blushed when our eyes met again. My ideal woman is someone who’s at my eye level and Taeyeon definitely qualifies.

“It’s okay, I’m a little weird so you don’t have to answer me,” She sighed and looked into the vast sky.

“I like you, I really do..” I didn’t want our conversation to end here so I said whatever was on my mind. Now that I’ve said it, it sounds like a stupid confession.

“I mean, I’m a fan. I like SNSD remember?” I continued on quickly.

“Oh.. right. I see,” She smiled at me but somehow I could tell that she wasn’t really pleased to hear that.

“Erm, I watched the first episode of Heechul and Jessica sunbaenim’s WGM, you looked really pretty even without make-up,” I tried to make her happy.

“Thanks.. You really think so?” She smiled at me again.

“Yeah, but I was just wondering.. why are you so cold towards Heechul? I know he can be annoying, loud, rude, cocky, stubborn and all the bad traits, but he’s not so bad you know,” Me and the rest of the guys have been wondering about that since we’ve watched the first episode so now I want to know the reason behind this.

“Well.. The truth is, at first I was jealous because our maknae and Jessica have idols as their husbands while I had a comedian.. and to add on to my jealousy, Heechul is really handsome and Jessica is so compatible with him,” She answered me with full sincerity.

“Okay wow, so are you still jealous?” I asked.

“Well, I guess not, but YoonA still has a little something against him for some reason,” She paused but I looked at her, waiting for her to tell me why.

“I don’t know why, she never told me or any of the girls, I think she just doesn’t like him,” She shrugged her shoulders.

Heechul’s known as the girl-magnet so YoonA repelling from him is totally something. Maybe he offended her before, who knows?

---

Jessica’s POV

Sunny’s really getting on my nerves. The only reason why I’m not entertaining Heechul is because I don’t want to end up like her. He’d probably take me for granted and wouldn’t always be trying his best to get my attention if I give in so easily.

“On a scale of 1 to 100, how much do you really like Jessica?” Sooyoung kept asking Heechul so many questions as if to dig up information from him.

“Zero,” He answered confidently. My heart sank and it felt as if my boyfriend had dumped me.

“But.. I thought you liked me..” I looked at him disappointedly.

“Well, on a scale of 1 to 100, how much do YOU like me?” He asked me with a grin.

“At least about 55? But seriously, how could you say ‘zero’?” I sighed.

“Wow, 55. I didn’t know you liked me that much~” He chuckled proudly to himself as if I had said a ‘100’.

“Well, aren’t you gonna at least change your ‘zero’ to a number way higher now that you know how much I like you?” I looked at him feeling a little annoyed.

“No~” He laughed.

“WHY NOT?” I hit his arm.

“Because..” He chuckled and then he whispered into my ear, “I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you~”

“You cheeky rascal!” I pushed him away, making him laugh even harder at my reaction, “Are you drunk or something?!”

“No~ I’m completely sober~” He smiled at me like a little kid. That’s right, we didn’t even buy alcohol to begin with.

“What did he say??” Sooyoung asked me since she probably didn’t hear him whispering to me.

“Nothing, he’s just a little crazy,” I rolled my eyes but when I suddenly thought of what he had said to me, it made me smile to myself.

“You liked it~” He said cheekily, making me stop smiling and hitting his arm instead, “Owwh!”

---

Heechul’s POV

Suddenly the glass door of the balcony slid open and Siwan and Taeyeon came back in. Oh, so that’s where Siwan hyung has been.

“Maybe now we can play the game I mentioned previously since everyone’s back,” Sooyoung got everyone’s attention.

“Just informing, recording time is almost up, we have an hour left. And The Arrogant Couple needs to clean up the place too,” The PD noona interrupted us with an announcement. I was surprised that even she used ‘The Arrogant Couple’ to represent me and Jessica.

“Oh, then let’s just test this on Jessica noona and Heechul hyung,” Dongjun spoke up quickly.

“Okay, so the game.. Firstly, Heechul oppa and Jessica unnie have to stand back to back with each other,” Jessica and I moved as Sooyoung instructed us.

“Is this the fate game?? I know this game!!” Kwanghee hyung also got excited. Fate game? So.. this is gonna determine me and Jessica’s fate.

“Oh right I know this too! And in a count of three, both of you have to turn your heads either left or right!” Tiffany added on.

“Yes! And if both of you turn the same direction, you guys would meet each other’s faces-“

“And then it’s fate! Woah!” Hyungsik interrupted Sooyoung.

“Ah… I’m so gonna cry if we don’t face each other,” I sulked. I had a bad feeling about this. If we don’t face each other, I’m gonna get scarred for life. It means me and Jessica aren’t fated for each other.

“Hmm, I don’t believe this game but.. I’ll just do it for fun,” Jessica sighed and stood behind me half-heartedly.

“Okay, first I want to say this...” Minwoo spoke up in a serious tone but he suddenly went all goofy, “If Heechul hyung and Jessica noona really face each other, they should really date!”

“No, they should get married for real!!!!” Yuri added on, making everyone laugh.

“And have kids! Lots of them!!” Minwoo hugged his tummy as he laughed. Yuri got all excited too, “You read my mind!! HAHAHA!”

“Are you kids done with your imagination?” Jessica folded her arms and didn’t seem amuse by their childishness. I would laugh too but I’m feeling so nervous, what if I don’t face her?? OTTOKE???

“Yes, ma’am..” Both of them softened down their tone.

“Okay, okay. So the official statement would be.. If The Arrogant Couple really face each other, then they are fated to be with each other forever!” Hyoyeon spoke up seriously. My heart was thumping so hard that I bet even Jessica could hear it.

“Alright. Hana, tul, set!” Junyoung gave the cue and at an instant, both Jessica and I turned our heads.

I could hear everyone gasping at the results. My heart felt like it got crushed into a million pieces when I didn’t see Jessica’s face as I turned. It was if my dreams were all shattered.

“Well, I guess they aren’t fated for each other after all,” YoonA sighed with a smirk on her face. It made me really angry but I simply ignored it.

“I knew this game was dumb,” Jessica sat down again and ignored the whole situation as if it didn’t matter.

‘How could this be?? No!! This isn’t real! We’re fated! We’re made for each other!’ I thought hard to myself as I took my seat.

“Hyung, are you gonna cry?” Dongjun joked but I didn’t laugh nor did I look at him.

“I just got proved that Jessica and I aren’t fated for each other. Of course I’m not gonna cry~” I tried to laugh but it sounded so fake.

“I wanna try with Heechul oppa!” Sunny grabbed my arm and kept tugging it.

“No… You guys should go home and have some rest. Jessica and I have to clean up our apartment,” I gave her a weak smile.

---

Jessica’s POV

“Bye~ Are you coming home tonight or sleeping here?” Hyoyeon asked me.

“I’m going home later, tomorrow morning we have a schedule right? So I can’t be late,” I waved at her as she was the last to leave, “Alright! Make sure you check out the gifts we bought too!”

After I closed the door, I went to help Heechul clean up the tables. He still seemed a little down because of the game we played.

‘Hey.. It’s just a game, we ARE fated for each other,’ What was I suppose to say?

“Hey.. It’s just a game,” I spoke up but he suddenly cut me off, “I know.”

“Then why are you so upset?” I asked him but he kept silent and continued clearing the mess.

“Hey, are you okay?” I followed him to the kitchen but he still didn’t answer me.

“Geez, I could just go home right now if I want to, filming is over,” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. The PD crew were already packing up and they had stopped filming even before the others had left.

“Is that really what you think?” He suddenly spoke up with a cold tone, his back facing me, “That all of this is just another shooting?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked softly. I’ve never heard him using this tone with me, he’s always so cheerful but now he’s so different.

“Sica, you don’t know what I’ve gone through.. I really, really wish you’d know how I feel about you,” He turned to look at me, there was warmness in his eyes.

“Heechul.. it’s not as easy as you think.. I wish I could tell you how I feel too but.. I just can’t,” I sighed. I hate the part when our real feelings mix with our work.

“I understand..” He sighed. As he was about to walk pass me to get back into the living room, he stopped and spoke to me, “I just want you to know that.. when I say ‘I love you’.. I really do mean it..”

As he left the kitchen, my heart felt a little burdened.

Now I know what’s going on, Heechul has fallen for me and it’s gonna be harder for him if he just keeps falling even deeper.

---

Posters for this episode includes other couples.