I was wrong.

Your Manly Boyfriend

You grumbled quietly, but Sandeul's grip on your hand caused you to follow him over a small patch of tall grass until you reached the field. You both stopped and stared at it for what seemed like ten minutes. You looked up at Sandeul and saw his face void of emotion, which was rare. 

"Sandeullie?" You tugged gently on his hand, to which he responded with a goofy smile. "Yes?" "Are we going to go anytime soon?" "... Right." He took the first few steps before you followed, holding tightly onto his hand. Yes, you were scared of the dark. Very scared. But you were glad you had your boyfriend there with you. He would protect you if anything jumped out.

After a few minutes of walking there was a sudden crack from behind the both of you. You gasped and went to grab onto Sandeul, until you heard him squeal. You blinked. "Are you okay?!" You felt his hand release yours before both his hands planted onto your shoulders as he pulled you infront of him. "Sandeul!" You shouted. "Wh-What was that noise!?" 

Am I really being used as a shield right now? You thought.

You sighed, turning around and raising your hands to place your hands on Sandeul's cheeks. "Sandeullie... It's okay. There's nothing there." You could faintly see his features in the darkness, he looked so scared. "Waah, my boyfriend is so cute~" You giggled, hoping it would make him feel better. And it did. He smiled and leaned forward to plant a gentle kiss on your forehead. "Aren't I?" You swatted his chest. "Let's just get out of here, okay?" He chuckled and grabbed your hand once again, pulling you along.

What seemed like only seconds later you both heard a howl. Sandeul yelled loudly in the direction of the howl before cowering back behind you. You just sighed, not knowing whether you should be more concerned about the howl or the fact your boyfriend would sacrifice you so easily. "San--" There was another howl, causing you to scream. You turned around, hiding yourself in Sandeul's chest. 

BadumpBadumpBadumpBadump.

Sandeul's heart was racing a mile a minute. You just hugged him tighter. You felt him sigh before he wrapped his arms around you protectively, his hand gently patting your back. "_____-ah... Should we run?" You just stared at him for a moment, then nodded. He smiled and laughed, making him look like a duck. "Okay, ready!?" He grabbed onto your hand tightly and began running quickly, screaming loudly as he ran.

"Oh, my beautiful target! You zoom through my heart like a rocket! Nae tteugeoun simjangi geudaeleul gidalyeoyo!"

You laughed as he shouted lyrics at the darkness. You knew this was his method to calm himself down. You sang along with him as you both ran through the field, hand in hand, laughing while you sang and conquered your fears. 

Soon you both reached a street with a few lamp posts and sighed, catching your breaths. You peered up at him, only to see his pouting face. You blinked. "What's wrong?"

"I was wrong... We should've just kept walking on the street."

"It's okay, Sandeullie... You're cute when you're scared. I'm glad I saw it." You laughed, pushing him lightly.

He gaped at you. "Yah! I wasn't scared! I was just worried you would be scared..."

You shook your head, grabbing onto his hand once again as you both began to walk down the street, argueing over who is cuter when scared.

Of course, you won.

 

Meanwhile, in the field.

"BAHAHAHA!" Gongchan laughed, holding onto his stomach. "Did you see his face when he heard you howling, hyung!? That was so funny!"

Baro wiped a tear away from the corner of his eye as he stood up from the tall grass he was laying in, "I know! He was so scared! Did you see how he used her as a shield? What a wimp, really, how is he older than us?"

Gongchan nodded. "I know, right? _____-ah would be so much better off with one of us, hyung."

Baro nodded. "She would. We're so manly. Let's get back to the dorm before they get there, though."

"Whatever you say, squirrel princess~" Gongchan sang as he ran towards the street.

"YAH! I'M THE SQUIRREL PRINCE NOW!" Baro yelled, chasing after the boy.