Changes

Changes

 

Luhan was tired of sitting. He had been sitting on a cold leather chair for at least forty five minutes as the air became heady with the smell of hair dye. He sighed, setting down the magazine in his hands as he crossed his faux-leather-clad legs.

A chair squeaked, followed by the clicking of heels across smooth marble. Curtains were thrown open. “He is ready!” the hair stylist exclaimed, and then beckoned from behind the curtain. “Come on, come on,” she ushered excitedly.

Sehun appeared, holding a hat firmly over his head. “I’m here,” he muttered, squirming slightly as two pairs of eyes fell upon him.

Luhan, sensing uneasiness, stood up, striding over to the younger Korean boy. “Thank you very much,” he bowed politely to the hair dresser, taking a slender hand in his, and then striding out the door.

They didn’t say much on the ride home with the manager, but he noticed the other chewing his lip and squeezing the hand he held tightly. Meeting his eyes, the Chinese boy smiled, receiving a weak one in return. What’s wrong?

 

~

Sehun stalked past the living room, now visibly upset.

“Hunnie?” He ignored him, continuing on his way to their shared bedroom, reappearing moments later with a change of clothes, and walking into the bathroom, leaving the door partially open. Luhan paced over to the door, cautiously pushing it open. “Sehunnie?” he asked, voice softer.

Said boy ducked his head, but not before the older boy noticed his red eyes. His heart crumbled at the sight before him.

“Come here.” Circling his arms tightly around his waist, he pressed his cheek on top of the hat covered head.

Sehun nuzzled his face into the elder’s neck, breathing deeply as he tried to calm down; as it was, some tears still managed to slip out, cascading down his cheeks and soaking the shirt he clung to.

“Shh,” Luhan comforted, rubbing soothing circles along his back. The latter responded by pressing his thin frame closer.

Slightly bewildered by the unusual behaviour, the Chinese boy began to pry the knit cap off of the other’s hair. He barely got a glimpse before hands desperately clutched it, stepping back until he was just out of easy reach.

“Don’t,” Sehun pleaded. “It looks awful.” His eyes went wide as the hat was promptly plucked off, revealing a shock of bright red hair.

“Oh, Sehun…” His mouth went dry and he swallowed, trying to regain moisture.

“You hate it!” Sehun cried, grabbing fistfuls of hair in his hands.

“No,” Luhan breathed, having regained the ability to speak. “I never thought I’d say this, but you look even more gorgeous, if that were possible.” He reached over to unfold the other’s fists, gently stoking his hair.

The younger chewed his lower lip while a blush coloured his cheeks, eyes disbelieving. “Really?” He turned towards the mirror, going to pull at his hair before firm hands stopped him.

“Really,” the brunette confirmed, pulling Sehun’s hands toward his chest, preventing them from committing further damage. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders, holding him in a restricting embrace.

Leaning his head against the older boy’s shoulder, Sehun heaved a sigh, eyes fluttering closed. “I thought you wouldn’t like it,” he admitted quietly, body relaxing in relief.

Luhan brushed red bangs away from his eyes, admiring the smooth skin that was unveiled. “Physical changes are nice, but they don’t matter,” he said absently before shifting his gaze to meet the others. “I have you, and as long as that doesn’t change, nothing else matters.”



 

w.o.w.

i was not expecting this many subscribers

/excuse me while i bask in your glory/

so here it is ~

I hope it was worth the wait! I actually had so much trouble trying not to make the wording awkward but I think it failed a little OTL

please feel free to read my other stories

my other hunhan fics are:

Just the Two of Us

Honeymoon

and Chai

thank you so much for subscribing and commenting, and please, don't hesitate to message me either here or on tumblr because I'll be more than happy to answer any questions, fic requests, or just to talk :3

thank youuuuuu>3